Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(b) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
(c) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
(d) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
2. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Owning a tuxedo.
(b) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(c) Having a brick house.
(d) Giving fancy parties.
3. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they are uneducated.
(b) Because they don't own homes.
(c) Because of the color of their skin.
(d) Because they don't speak Spanish.
4. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) Formal gardens.
(b) An art style.
(c) Gourmet meals.
(d) People with money.
5. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
2. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
3. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
4. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
5. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)