Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute that elopes in Chapter 6?
2. Olga was raised in an orphanage run by whom?
3. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark that was purchased by whom?
4. What does Pantoja wear in Chapter 10 because the charade is up?
5. Where does the local radio show host approach Pocha for an interview?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the circular narrative of the ending. Why do you think Pantoja's life goes back to normal in the end? What do you think he has learned from this whole experience? Were you surprised by the ending? What do you think the author is trying to say with this ending?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the character Sinchi and his role in the novel. How does he relate to other characters? What narrative function does he serve? What is the significance of his hypocrisy and his manipulative personality? What does the author seem to be saying through his character?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the author's use of written correspondences in the novel. Describe two instances where the author makes use of letters or memos. What purpose do they serve for the reader? Why do you think the author employs so many of them as opposed to writing in traditional narrative style?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)