Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prostitute that elopes in Chapter 6?
2. Olga was raised in an orphanage run by whom?
3. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark that was purchased by whom?
4. What does Pantoja wear in Chapter 10 because the charade is up?
5. Where does the local radio show host approach Pocha for an interview?
What is the significance of Mother Leonor's nightmare where a cockroach is eaten by a rat who is eaten by a lizard who is eaten by a jaguar who is crucified and whose remains are devoured by cockroaches? What does her dream seem to be a metaphor for? How might the dream relate to Pantoja and his situation with the army?
Explore the use of secondary characters in the novel. Why do you think the author introduces them all so soon in the narrative? What purpose might this serve? What purpose do the secondary characters serve? Why are there so many of them? What point is the author trying to make?
Explore the significance of the religious sect, the Brothers of the Ark. What does the sect seem to represent? What narrative function does the sect serve? How is the sect described throughout the novel? What seems to be the overall tone around the sect? What techniques does the author use to portray the sect? What seems to be the significance of the sacrifices and other violent acts?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)