Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brother Francisco dies at the request of whom?
2. How many of Brother Francisco's followers are arrested by the Army after a sub-officer is crucified?
3. What is the name of Pantoja's daughter?
4. A mayor tries to make Olga's murder look like it was done by whom?
5. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark that was purchased by whom?
Explore the theme of excess in the book. Where does the reader see excess in the book? What do the characters in the book seem to be obsessed with? Why do you think people give themselves over to their desires so easily? Why is the setting of the story important to the theme of excess? What does the author seem to be saying about excesses?
What is the significance of the way Olga is portrayed through a series of newspaper articles? How is she depicted in these articles? Explore the contradictions around her portrayal? How has Olga been portrayed in the novel prior to the newspaper articles? Does your opinion of her change at all after reading this chapter? Why or why not?
What is the significance of Mother Leonor's nightmare where a cockroach is eaten by a rat who is eaten by a lizard who is eaten by a jaguar who is crucified and whose remains are devoured by cockroaches? What does her dream seem to be a metaphor for? How might the dream relate to Pantoja and his situation with the army?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)