|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A mayor tries to make Olga's murder look like it was done by whom?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The navy.
(c) The army.
(d) Brothers of the Ark.
2. In what month does Pocha leave Pantoja?
3. Who gives Olga's eulogy?
4. What is the name of the sergeant that elopes with a prostitute in Chapter 6?
(a) Teófilo Gualino.
(b) Rafael Gordillo.
(c) Rossi Conte.
(d) Majed Abdullah.
5. In Chapter 7, a radio host opens with a daily segment called what?
(a) "A Little Bit of Society."
(b) "A Dose of Society."
(c) "A Little Bit of Culture."
(d) "A Dose of Culture."
Short Answer Questions
1. A radio host tells his listeners about the famous landmark called what?
2. What is the name of Pantoja's daughter?
3. Who does Pantoja go to church with, greatly upsetting Leonor?
4. What is the name of the prostitute that elopes in Chapter 6?
5. Pantoja's assignment, after the Special Service is shut down, is near what lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Navy members become upset with Pantoja and his operation?
2. How does Sinchi react when he finds out Pantoja is in the military?
3. How do the people in Pantoja's life react to him giving Olga's eulogy?
4. Why did the "House of Iron" fail in the Amazon?
5. Why does Pantoja put on his uniform in Chapter 10?
6. What is the "House of Iron"?
7. How does Olga die?
8. What does Sinchi say about Pantoja on-air the first time he talks about him?
9. What does a supposedly anonymous letter from Sinchi to Panjota say?
10. Describe Olga's life prior to becoming a prostitute with the Special Service.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)