|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Olga was raised in an orphanage run by whom?
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
2. What time does a radio show come on that mentions Pantoja and the Special Service?
(a) From 10 to 10:30 p.m.
(b) From 4 to 4:30 p.m.
(c) From 8 to 8:30 p.m.
(d) From 6 to 6:30 p.m.
3. Where does Pantoja go to visit at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) San Martín.
4. Where does Olga's funeral take place?
(a) At Pantoja's home.
(b) At the public cemetery.
(c) At a church.
(d) At a funeral home.
5. Why do other officers envy Pantoja?
(a) His relationship with Knockers.
(b) His large home.
(c) His beautiful wife.
(d) Because of his work with the Special Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset about being left out of the song written about the Special Service?
2. What is the name of the song written about the Special Service?
3. In what dispatch does Pantoja say the SSGFRI has completed its first year?
4. Who does Olga claim to be in Pantoja's dream?
5. In what month has the SSGFRI completed its first year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pantoja's relationship with Olga.
2. What is surprising about Olga's funeral?
3. Why do Morey and several young men from Requena decide to kidnap prostitutes from the Special Service?
4. What is the "House of Iron"?
5. What does a letter to Sinchi from disgruntled citizens say?
6. How does Pantoja react when he is told of the decision to discontinue the operations of the SSGFRI?
7. What happens to a couple that elopes in Chapter 6?
8. Describe Olga's life prior to becoming a prostitute with the Special Service.
9. Describe Leonor's dream at the beginning of Chapter 10.
10. Why does Pantoja put on his uniform in Chapter 10?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)