|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantoja believe will be held responsible for the events surrounding the scandal of the Special Service?
2. In Chapter 6, the number of prostitutes in the Special Service increases to what?
3. At the start of Chapter 8, how long has it been since Pantoja's wife left him?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 4 months.
4. Who have Army officials been given the responsibility of finding and capturing?
(d) Brother Francisco.
5. Who learns in Chapter 8 that Pantoja is an Army officer, and declares him a hero?
(a) Brother Fransisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what dispatch does Pantoja say the SSGFRI has completed its first year?
2. Who asks Pantoja to come work for them after the Special Service is shut down?
3. Who tells Pantoja that there was a rumor circulating that he and Pantoja were lovers?
4. In Chapter 8, it is revealed that Pantoja has taken to interviewing new prostitutes by doing what?
5. What is the name of the prostitute that elopes in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do members of the Army feel about Brother Francisco?
2. How does Maclovia behave during her radio interview with Sinchi?
3. How does Olga die?
4. What does a letter to Sinchi from disgruntled citizens say?
5. What does a supposedly anonymous letter from Sinchi to Panjota say?
6. Why do Navy members become upset with Pantoja and his operation?
7. Describe Pantoja's relationship with Olga.
8. Describe Olga's life prior to becoming a prostitute with the Special Service.
9. What is the "House of Iron"?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 8 when news of the Special Service starts to spread?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)