|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brother Francisco die?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is crucified.
(d) He is shot.
2. A prostitute says on a radio show that part of Pantoja's interview process involves making the girls do what?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Take a drug test.
(c) Kiss him.
3. How old is Olga when she dies?
4. Who is upset about being left out of the song written about the Special Service?
(a) Members of the Navy.
(b) Members of the Army.
5. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark that was originally what?
(a) A German bank.
(b) A French church.
(c) A French school.
(d) A German hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is convoy 15 sent?
2. For how many days are SSFGRI personnel stranded because of weather?
3. How is Pantoja portrayed on a radio show in Chapter 7?
4. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark that eventually becomes what?
5. Why do other officers envy Pantoja?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 8 when news of the Special Service starts to spread?
2. What happens when Pantoja requests that Morey and the other men from Requena be brought before a military tribunal and tried for their crimes?
3. How do the people in Pantoja's life react to him giving Olga's eulogy?
4. What information does Maclovia reveal during her radio interview that outrages listeners?
5. Why do Morey and several young men from Requena decide to kidnap prostitutes from the Special Service?
6. How do members of the Army feel about Brother Francisco?
7. Describe "The Hymn of the Special Service."
8. Describe Olga's life prior to becoming a prostitute with the Special Service.
9. Describe Pantoja's relationship with Olga.
10. How does Pantoja react when he is told of the decision to discontinue the operations of the SSGFRI?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)