|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Pantoja send the lyrics to the song about the Special Service?
2. How many women are kidnapped the night Olga is murdered?
3. In Chapter 10, who goes into business for herself and opens a very successful brothel on the highway to San Juan?
4. Who tells Pantoja that there was a rumor circulating that he and Pantoja were lovers?
5. In what city does Olga's funeral take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Chapter 8 begins?
2. Who does Pantoja go to church with, greatly upsetting Leonor?
3. How is Pantoja portrayed on a radio show in Chapter 7?
4. A mayor tries to make Olga's murder look like it was done by whom?
5. In Chapter 6, the number of prostitutes in the Special Service increases to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "The Hymn of the Special Service."
2. Why do Morey and several young men from Requena decide to kidnap prostitutes from the Special Service?
3. What information does Maclovia reveal during her radio interview that outrages listeners?
4. What does Sinchi say about Pantoja on-air the first time he talks about him?
5. Why does Pantoja put on his uniform in Chapter 10?
6. What is surprising about Olga's funeral?
7. What happens when Chuchupe and Wong try to convince Pantoja to leave the military and go into business with them?
8. Why do Navy members become upset with Pantoja and his operation?
9. What happens when Sinchi approaches Pocha at the airport when she is leaving Panjota?
10. What happens when Pantoja requests that Morey and the other men from Requena be brought before a military tribunal and tried for their crimes?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)