|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantoja go to visit at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Where does Pantoja go to visit at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) San Martín.
3. A radio host tells his listeners about a famous landmark designed by whom?
4. A prostitute says on a radio show that part of Pantoja's interview process involves making the girls do what?
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Take a drug test.
5. In what month is Olga murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Pantoja that there was a rumor circulating that he and Pantoja were lovers?
2. Who receives a reprimand from his superiors for failing to apprehend Brother Francisco alive and bring him to justice?
3. How many of Brother Francisco's followers are arrested by the Army after a sub-officer is crucified?
4. To whom does Pantoja send the lyrics to the song about the Special Service?
5. A radio host tells his listeners about the famous landmark called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Morey and several young men from Requena decide to kidnap prostitutes from the Special Service?
2. What happens to a couple that elopes in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Pantoja put on his uniform in Chapter 10?
4. What happens when Pantoja requests that Morey and the other men from Requena be brought before a military tribunal and tried for their crimes?
5. How does Sinchi react when he finds out Pantoja is in the military?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 8 when news of the Special Service starts to spread?
7. Describe Pantoja's relationship with Olga.
8. What does a letter to Sinchi from disgruntled citizens say?
9. How does Olga die?
10. Why do Navy members become upset with Pantoja and his operation?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)