|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the reader first meets Brother Francisco in Chapter 1, what is he asking people to do?
(a) Hug each other.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Pray with him.
(d) Make sacrifices.
2. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
3. What is Brother Francisco's religious title?
4. Who does Leonor witness being sacrificed?
(a) A military official.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A prostitute.
5. The Navy vessel that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use was used for a mission in Colombia in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pocha been finding that Leonor has been leaving all over the house?
2. What do people begin carrying around with them after someone is sacrificed?
3. How does Pocha describe the women of Loreto?
4. Where are Pocha and Leonor not allowed to shop?
5. How many prostitutes will be on staff in Pantoja's special service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pocha and Alicia spend their time doing?
2. Why does Pochita think Pantoja is up to no good after their first night in Iquitos?
3. Why is Captain Pantoja being relocated in Chapter 1?
4. What does Pocha say in a letter to her sister Chichi in Chapter 3?
5. What is the issue that Pantoja is being sent to the small city of Iquitos to handle?
6. What is Pantoja's job in Iquitos?
7. Why are people in Moronacocha heralding a young boy as a martyr?
8. Why are Pantoja's coworkers concerned about him spending time with a woman named Olga?
9. What does Pocha tell Chichi about Leonor's following of Brother Fransisco?
10. Why is Mother Leonor having a hard time in Iquitos?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)