|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of soldiers will not be allowed to use prostitutes in Pantoja's special service?
2. What kind of porpoise oil does Pantoja say to stay away from?
3. What is the name of the relative that Pocha writes a letter to in Chapter 3?
4. Rioalto and Caiguas are noted as having a certain indifference toward what type of people?
(a) People with light skin.
(b) People with blue eyes.
(c) People of the opposite sex.
5. What country does the novel take place in when it opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Leonor related to Pantoja?
2. According to his mathematical calculations in Chapter 2, Pantoja determines that in order to meet demand, a total of how many services from prostitutes will be necessary on a monthly basis?
3. Who has problems with their telephone in Chapter 1?
4. What Air Battalion number is the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane commander of?
5. The Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship is chief of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Pantoja being relocated in Chapter 1?
2. Why are Pantoja's coworkers concerned about him spending time with a woman named Olga?
3. Why does Pantoja sample strange drinks and concoctions?
4. What preliminary instructions is Pantoja given before leaving for Iquitos?
5. What happens when Sinchi, a popular local radio personality, visits the command post for the first time to have a discussion with Pantoja?
6. Why are Sinforoso Caiguas and Palominos Rioalto chosen to assist Pantoja and his new operation?
7. What do Pocha and Alicia spend their time doing?
8. Why does it take Pantoja and his crew a week to turn the Itaya depot into a suitable work space?
9. What does Pocha tell Chichi about Leonor's following of Brother Fransisco?
10. What have Poncio and his devotees been working on?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)