|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
(a) Working on a drug mission.
(b) Working with finances.
(c) Working as a spy.
(d) Working as a preacher.
2. The mayor of what city presents the Army with a petition asking for veterans to be allowed to receive services from the SSGFRI?
(a) San Lorenzo.
3. How has Leonor taken to consoling herself and passing time in her new city?
(a) With religion.
(b) With a new group of male friends.
(c) By getting a job.
(d) By befriending prostitutes.
4. Who sees Pantoja out on the town with Olga?
5. In what month is the Special Services' pilot mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new name of the Navy ship Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
2. When the reader first meets Brother Francisco in Chapter 1, what is he asking people to do?
3. How long does it take Pantoja, Caiguas and Rioalto to clean and organize their new work site?
4. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
5. What is The Brothers of the Ark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pochita think Pantoja is up to no good after their first night in Iquitos?
2. Why does Pantoja sample strange drinks and concoctions?
3. Why are Sinforoso Caiguas and Palominos Rioalto chosen to assist Pantoja and his new operation?
4. What have Poncio and his devotees been working on?
5. What problems does Pocha tell Chichi she is having with Pantoja?
6. Describe the nightmare Pantoja has about the Special Services in Chapter 2.
7. What does Pantoja tell Collazos about red porpoise oil?
8. What is the issue that Pantoja is being sent to the small city of Iquitos to handle?
9. Why are Pantoja's coworkers concerned about him spending time with a woman named Olga?
10. What does Pocha say in a letter to her sister Chichi in Chapter 3?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)