Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not believe Pantoja when he tells his superiors how many men are being serviced by the Special Service each week?
(b) López López.
2. How does Pocha describe the women of Loreto?
(a) Kind and giving.
(b) Loose and brazen.
(c) Smart and intellectual.
(d) Sweet and pretty.
3. When the reader first meets Brother Francisco in Chapter 1, what is he asking people to do?
(a) Hug each other.
(b) Pray with him.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Make sacrifices.
4. In what year is the Special Services' pilot mission?
5. Rioalto and Caiguas are noted as having a certain indifference toward what type of people?
(a) People with blue eyes.
(b) People of the opposite sex.
(c) People with light skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Special Services' pilot mission takes place under the command of whom?
2. What have The Brothers of the Ark been doing in Pantoja's workspace before he gets there?
3. Why does Pantoja say to stay away from a type of porpoise oil?
4. What dispatch from Captain Pantoja to General Collazos follows Carrillo's naval memorandum?
5. Who finds out they are pregnant in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Olga die?
2. Why does Panjota feel like his military career is in shambles?
3. How do other officers feel about Pantoja, according to Mendoza?
4. Why are Sinforoso Caiguas and Palominos Rioalto chosen to assist Pantoja and his new operation?
5. How does Maclovia behave during her radio interview with Sinchi?
6. Why did the "House of Iron" fail in the Amazon?
7. What is Pantoja's job in Iquitos?
8. Where does Pantoja's family hope he relocates?
9. Describe the nightmare Pantoja has about the Special Services in Chapter 2.
10. How does Morey try to cover up Olga's murder?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)