|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantoja's workspace is overrun by what?
2. What do people begin carrying around with them after someone is sacrificed?
(b) Dead birds.
(c) Prayer cards.
3. How is Pocha related to Pantoja?
4. How does Pocha describe the women of Loreto?
(a) Smart and intellectual.
(b) Sweet and pretty.
(c) Kind and giving.
(d) Loose and brazen.
5. How many new prostitutes are hired for the Special Service in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
2. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
3. What is Pantoja told not to wear while living in his new town?
4. Where does Pocha hope Pantoja's assignment will take them?
5. Who is Master Poncio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Pantoja's coworkers concerned about him spending time with a woman named Olga?
2. What does Pocha say in a letter to her sister Chichi in Chapter 3?
3. What does the dispatch from Rear Admiral Carrillo, Chief of the River Forces of the Amazon to Captain Pantoja's superiors say?
4. On what conditions is the Special Service allowed to use a Navy boat?
5. What signs of growth in the Special Service are shown in Chapter 5?
6. What is Pantoja's job in Iquitos?
7. What does Pocha tell Chichi about Leonor's following of Brother Fransisco?
8. What happens when Sinchi, a popular local radio personality, visits the command post for the first time to have a discussion with Pantoja?
9. What problems does Pocha tell Chichi she is having with Pantoja?
10. Describe the nightmare Pantoja has about the Special Services in Chapter 2.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)