|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the prostitutes referred to on official documents?
2. Where are Pocha and Leonor not allowed to shop?
(a) The mall.
(b) The discount warehouse.
(c) The post exchange.
(d) The city grocery store.
3. Who has problems with their telephone in Chapter 1?
(c) Lopez Lopez.
4. How many men have supposedly killed themselves over Olga?
5. The Navy vessel that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use was used for a mission in Colombia in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dispatch from Captain Pantoja to General Collazos follows Carrillo's naval memorandum?
2. What is Olga's occupation?
3. Pantoja's workspace is overrun by what?
4. According to his mathematical calculations in Chapter 2, Pantoja determines that in order to meet demand, a total of how many services from prostitutes will be necessary on a monthly basis?
5. How has Leonor taken to consoling herself and passing time in her new city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pantoja tell Collazos about red porpoise oil?
2. Why does Pantoja begin receiving complaints from military posts?
3. What signs of growth in the Special Service are shown in Chapter 5?
4. What preliminary instructions is Pantoja given before leaving for Iquitos?
5. Why is Captain Pantoja being relocated in Chapter 1?
6. What does Pocha tell Chichi about Leonor's following of Brother Fransisco?
7. What is the issue that Pantoja is being sent to the small city of Iquitos to handle?
8. Why does it take Pantoja and his crew a week to turn the Itaya depot into a suitable work space?
9. What is Dispatch Number One?
10. Why are Pantoja's coworkers concerned about him spending time with a woman named Olga?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)