|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the city where Pocha and Leonor went to hear a famous religious man speak?
2. According to his mathematical calculations in Chapter 2, Pantoja determines that in order to meet demand, a total of how many services from prostitutes will be necessary on a monthly basis?
3. What is Beltran's role in the military?
4. What branch of the military is Pantoja employed with?
(d) Air Force.
5. The SSGFRI is located near what river?
(a) Tomas River.
(b) Nanay River.
(c) Itaya River.
(d) Napo River.
6. What has Pocha been finding that Leonor has been leaving all over the house?
(a) Animals nailed to crosses.
(b) Photos of religious leaders.
(c) Religious tracts,
(d) Phone numbers.
7. Who does Leonor witness being sacrificed?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A military official.
(d) A prostitute.
8. What month is Pocha's letter to a relative dated in Chapter 3?
9. What time does Pantoja return home after his first day in his new town?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
10. What is the name of the popular local radio personality who goes to visit Pantoja?
11. Who finds out they are pregnant in Chapter 5?
12. What physical condition does Freckle have?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He is a burn victim.
(d) He is missing a leg.
13. Who is Master Poncio?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A general in the military.
(d) A famed magician.
14. How many new prostitutes are hired for the Special Service in Chapter 5?
15. Who does not believe Pantoja when he tells his superiors how many men are being serviced by the Special Service each week?
(b) López López.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men have supposedly killed themselves over Olga?
2. What is the name of the memorandum from Pantoja to Collazos at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Who is assigned to work as Pantoja's liaison officer?
4. What are the official colors of Pantoja's special service?
5. What do people begin carrying around with them after someone is sacrificed?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)