|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are serviced by the Special Service each week, according to Pantoja in Chapter 5?
2. What have The Brothers of the Ark been doing in Pantoja's workspace before he gets there?
(a) Testing weapons.
(b) Sacrificing animals.
(d) Knitting blankets for orphans.
3. How are the prostitutes referred to on official documents?
4. What do people begin carrying around with them after someone is sacrificed?
(b) Dead birds.
(c) Prayer cards.
5. Who would Leonor hobnob with back in Chiclayo?
(a) The captain's wife.
(b) The president's wife.
(c) The prime minister's wife.
(d) The commander's wife.
6. What is the name of the memorandum from Pantoja to Collazos at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Dispatch Number One.
(b) Memo Number One.
(c) The First Note.
(d) The First Memorandum.
7. What is Pantoja's first name?
8. What is the city where Pocha and Leonor went to hear a famous religious man speak?
9. How many new prostitutes are hired for the Special Service in Chapter 5?
10. Who is Master Poncio?
(a) A general in the military.
(b) A priest.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A famed magician.
11. What does SSGFRI stand for?
(a) Special Service for Gordon, Frontier and Related Installations
(b) Special Service for Graham, Frontier and Related Installations
(c) Special Service for Garrisons, Frontier and Related Installations.
(d) Special Service for Garners, Frontier and Related Installations
12. What is Olga's nickname?
(a) The Prostitute.
(b) The Russian.
(c) The Brazilian.
(d) The Washer.
13. What kind of porpoise oil does Pantoja say to stay away from?
14. What is the name of the man that will head the Navy ship that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
(a) Alvaro Malpartida.
(b) Matias Mulanovich.
(c) Carlos Rodriguez Saravia.
(d) Gabriel Villaran.
15. How long has the Special Service been in operation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prostitutes will be on staff in Pantoja's special service?
2. What does Pocha's new friend do for Pocha and herself?
3. In what month is the Special Services' pilot mission?
4. What relative does Pocha write a letter to in Chapter 3?
5. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)