|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Master Poncio?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A general in the military.
(d) A famed magician.
2. What is the name of the popular local radio personality who goes to visit Pantoja?
3. What is the name of the relative that Pocha writes a letter to in Chapter 3?
4. What country does the novel take place in when it opens?
5. What is Olga's last name?
6. How does Pocha meet her new friend?
(a) She is a neighbor.
(b) At the bank.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) At church.
7. How many men have supposedly killed themselves over Olga?
8. What is Olga's nickname?
(a) The Brazilian.
(b) The Washer.
(c) The Prostitute.
(d) The Russian.
9. What is the new name of the Navy ship Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
10. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
(a) Working as a preacher.
(b) Working on a drug mission.
(c) Working with finances.
(d) Working as a spy.
11. What does SSGFRI stand for?
(a) Special Service for Gordon, Frontier and Related Installations
(b) Special Service for Garners, Frontier and Related Installations
(c) Special Service for Graham, Frontier and Related Installations
(d) Special Service for Garrisons, Frontier and Related Installations.
12. What month is Pocha's letter to a relative dated in Chapter 3?
13. What crimes are soldiers committing in the Amazon jungle?
14. What kind of porpoise oil does Pantoja say to stay away from?
15. What relative does Pocha write a letter to in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his mathematical calculations in Chapter 2, Pantoja determines that in order to meet demand, a total of how many services from prostitutes will be necessary on a monthly basis?
2. What is Lopez Lopez's first name?
3. What is the new name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
4. Pocha tells her relative that Pantoja will want to have a baby after he obtains how many stripes?
5. What Air Battalion number is the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane commander of?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)