|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pantoja say to stay away from a type of porpoise oil?
(a) He says it makes you gain weight.
(b) He says it is an aphrodisiac.
(c) He says it is poisonous.
(d) He says it causes rage.
2. What Air Battalion number is the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane commander of?
(a) Air Battalion No. 11.
(b) Air Battalion No. 97.
(c) Air Battalion No. 42.
(d) Air Battalion No. 36.
3. In what month is the Special Services' pilot mission?
4. How long has the Special Service been in operation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) One year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is the name of the Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship?
(a) Giovanni Ciccia.
(b) Henry Ian.
(c) Jason Diaz.
(d) Pedro Carrillo.
6. What relative does Pocha write a letter to in Chapter 3?
7. What is the name of the famous religious man Leonor begins to follow?
(a) Father Miguel.
(b) Brother Carlos.
(c) Father Hernando.
(d) Brother Francisco.
8. What nickname do the prostitutes give to the command post where Pantoja works?
(d) Port Panty.
9. What nickname do the prostitutes give to Pantoja?
(a) Mr. Pan-Pan.
(c) Mr. Wong.
10. The mayor of what city presents the Army with a petition asking for veterans to be allowed to receive services from the SSGFRI?
(b) San Lorenzo.
11. How has Leonor taken to consoling herself and passing time in her new city?
(a) With religion.
(b) By getting a job.
(c) With a new group of male friends.
(d) By befriending prostitutes.
12. Who refuses to meet with Pantoja after the secret about the Special Service gets out?
(c) López López.
13. What is the name of the memorandum from Pantoja to Collazos at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The First Note.
(b) Dispatch Number One.
(c) Memo Number One.
(d) The First Memorandum.
14. What is Beltran's role in the military?
15. What have The Brothers of the Ark been doing in Pantoja's workspace before he gets there?
(a) Testing weapons.
(b) Sacrificing animals.
(c) Knitting blankets for orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
2. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
3. What is the name of the popular local radio personality who goes to visit Pantoja?
4. What has Poncio had people doing in Pantoja's workspace before he arrives?
5. What physical condition does Freckle have?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)