|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the relative that Pocha writes a letter to in Chapter 3?
2. What month is Pocha's letter to a relative dated in Chapter 3?
3. How is Leonor related to Pantoja?
4. What relative does Pocha write a letter to in Chapter 3?
5. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
(a) Working with finances.
(b) Working as a spy.
(c) Working on a drug mission.
(d) Working as a preacher.
6. How many new prostitutes are hired for the Special Service in Chapter 5?
7. How does Pocha describe the women of Loreto?
(a) Kind and giving.
(b) Smart and intellectual.
(c) Sweet and pretty.
(d) Loose and brazen.
8. Who is assigned to work as Pantoja's liaison officer?
(b) Lopez Lopez.
9. When the reader first meets Brother Francisco in Chapter 1, what is he asking people to do?
(a) Hug each other.
(b) Make sacrifices.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Pray with him.
10. The SSGFRI is located near what river?
(a) Tomas River.
(b) Napo River.
(c) Itaya River.
(d) Nanay River.
11. Who refuses to meet with Pantoja after the secret about the Special Service gets out?
(a) López López.
12. How are the prostitutes referred to on official documents?
13. Who is the highest-paid "specialist" in the SSGFRI?
14. What is the name of Pocha's new friend?
15. Where are Pocha and Leonor not allowed to shop?
(a) The discount warehouse.
(b) The post exchange.
(c) The mall.
(d) The city grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship?
2. What is Olga's nickname?
3. How many men are serviced by the Special Service each week, according to Pantoja in Chapter 5?
4. The Special Services' pilot mission takes place under the command of whom?
5. What is the name of the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)