|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the club where Pocha and her friend see Pantoja out with shady people?
(b) Camu Camu.
(c) Los Perros.
2. What nickname do the prostitutes give to the command post where Pantoja works?
(b) Port Panty.
3. What is the name of the popular local radio personality who goes to visit Pantoja?
4. What physical condition does Freckle have?
(a) He is a burn victim.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is missing a leg.
5. Rioalto and Caiguas are noted as having a certain indifference toward what type of people?
(a) People of the opposite sex.
(b) People with blue eyes.
(c) People with light skin.
6. At what port does the Special Services' pilot mission take place?
7. What is the name of the Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship?
(a) Henry Ian.
(b) Giovanni Ciccia.
(c) Jason Diaz.
(d) Pedro Carrillo.
8. What relative does Pocha write a letter to in Chapter 3?
9. What is the nickname of the famous prostitute that knocks on Pocha's door?
(a) Washerwoman of Iquitos.
(b) Whore of Iquitos.
(c) Lady of Iquitos.
(d) Wench of Iquitos.
10. What is the original name of the Navy ship that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
(a) S.S. Daria.
(b) S.S. Pachitea.
(c) S.S. Carlita.
(d) S.S. Lolita.
11. How does Pocha describe the women of Loreto?
(a) Kind and giving.
(b) Loose and brazen.
(c) Sweet and pretty.
(d) Smart and intellectual.
12. What is the name of the famous religious man Leonor begins to follow?
(a) Brother Francisco.
(b) Father Hernando.
(c) Father Miguel.
(d) Brother Carlos.
13. When the reader first meets Brother Francisco in Chapter 1, what is he asking people to do?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Make sacrifices.
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Pray with him.
14. How many prostitutes will be on staff in Pantoja's special service?
15. What dispatch from Captain Pantoja to General Collazos follows Carrillo's naval memorandum?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Brothers of the Ark?
2. How long does it take Pantoja, Caiguas and Rioalto to clean and organize their new work site?
3. What is the name of the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane?
4. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
5. In what year is the Special Services' pilot mission?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)