|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the novel take place in when it opens?
2. What is Olga's nickname?
(a) The Russian.
(b) The Washer.
(c) The Prostitute.
(d) The Brazilian.
3. What Air Battalion number is the Air Force officer who lets Pantoja use a hydroplane commander of?
(a) Air Battalion No. 97.
(b) Air Battalion No. 42.
(c) Air Battalion No. 36.
(d) Air Battalion No. 11.
4. The SSGFRI is located near what river?
(a) Napo River.
(b) Itaya River.
(c) Nanay River.
(d) Tomas River.
5. What nickname do the prostitutes give to the command post where Pantoja works?
(d) Port Panty.
6. What is the name of the memorandum from Pantoja to Collazos at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Dispatch Number One.
(b) The First Note.
(c) Memo Number One.
(d) The First Memorandum.
7. The Special Services' pilot mission takes place under the command of whom?
(a) Alberto Santana.
(b) JosÃ© Abelardo QuiÅˆones.
(c) Emilio Cavenecia.
(d) Andrea Giraldo.
8. What is Brother Francisco's religious title?
9. What is the new name of the Navy ship Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
10. The mayor of what city presents the Army with a petition asking for veterans to be allowed to receive services from the SSGFRI?
(d) San Lorenzo.
11. Who does not believe Pantoja when he tells his superiors how many men are being serviced by the Special Service each week?
(b) López López.
12. What is the name of the Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship?
(a) Henry Ian.
(b) Jason Diaz.
(c) Pedro Carrillo.
(d) Giovanni Ciccia.
13. Who is the highest-paid "specialist" in the SSGFRI?
14. What dispatch from Captain Pantoja to General Collazos follows Carrillo's naval memorandum?
15. The Navy vessel that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use was used for a mission in Colombia in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantoja tell his family he is doing for his new job?
2. How many prostitutes will be on staff in Pantoja's special service?
3. Who has problems with their telephone in Chapter 1?
4. The Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship is chief of what?
5. What is the name of the famous religious man Leonor begins to follow?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)