|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantoja's workspace is overrun by what?
2. What has Pocha been finding that Leonor has been leaving all over the house?
(a) Photos of religious leaders.
(b) Religious tracts,
(c) Phone numbers.
(d) Animals nailed to crosses.
3. How many new prostitutes are hired for the Special Service in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Pantoja say to stay away from a type of porpoise oil?
(a) He says it is an aphrodisiac.
(b) He says it makes you gain weight.
(c) He says it causes rage.
(d) He says it is poisonous.
5. What is the name of Pocha's new friend?
6. What is Brother Francisco's religious title?
7. Where does Pocha hope Pantoja's assignment will take them?
(d) Mexico City.
8. What time does Pantoja return home after his first day in his new town?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
9. What kind of soldiers will not be allowed to use prostitutes in Pantoja's special service?
10. What country does the novel take place in when it opens?
11. Who would Leonor hobnob with back in Chiclayo?
(a) The prime minister's wife.
(b) The president's wife.
(c) The captain's wife.
(d) The commander's wife.
12. How many men have supposedly killed themselves over Olga?
13. What nickname do the prostitutes give to Pantoja?
(a) Mr. Wong.
(c) Mr. Pan-Pan.
14. What is Lopez Lopez's first name?
15. What month is Pocha's letter to a relative dated in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that will head the Navy ship that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
2. How long has the Special Service been in operation at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Who sees Pantoja out on the town with Olga?
4. Who is the highest-paid "specialist" in the SSGFRI?
5. How is Leonor related to Pantoja?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)