|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pocha related to Pantoja?
2. Rioalto and Caiguas are noted as having a certain indifference toward what type of people?
(a) People with light skin.
(b) People with blue eyes.
(d) People of the opposite sex.
3. Who is Master Poncio?
(a) A famed magician.
(b) A priest.
(c) A general in the military.
(d) A sorcerer.
4. In what year is the Special Services' pilot mission?
5. At what port does the Special Services' pilot mission take place?
6. How many men are serviced by the Special Service each week, according to Pantoja in Chapter 5?
7. Pocha says Leonor cries like whom at her soap operas?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) Scarlet O'Hara.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
8. Who is assigned to work as Pantoja's liaison officer?
(b) Lopez Lopez.
9. What is the name of the man that will head the Navy ship that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
(a) Matias Mulanovich.
(b) Alvaro Malpartida.
(c) Carlos Rodriguez Saravia.
(d) Gabriel Villaran.
10. What is the name of the club where Pocha and her friend see Pantoja out with shady people?
(b) Los Perros.
(d) Camu Camu.
11. What is the name of the relative that Pocha writes a letter to in Chapter 3?
12. What is the original name of the Navy ship that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
(a) S.S. Carlita.
(b) S.S. Pachitea.
(c) S.S. Lolita.
(d) S.S. Daria.
13. What country does the novel take place in when it opens?
14. How does Pocha meet her new friend?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is a neighbor.
(c) At the bank.
(d) At church.
15. What is the nickname of the famous prostitute that knocks on Pocha's door?
(a) Wench of Iquitos.
(b) Whore of Iquitos.
(c) Washerwoman of Iquitos.
(d) Lady of Iquitos.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the month is the Special Services' pilot mission?
2. What is The Brothers of the Ark?
3. What is the name of the Navy admiral who gives Pantoja permission to use a ship?
4. What is the original name of the hydroplane that Pantoja and the Special Service are allowed to use?
5. What is Collazos' first name?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)