* Pantoja has recently been promoted to Captain, and he and his wife Pocha and his mother Leonor wait to find out where they will relocate.
* The story cuts to Brother Francisco, who addresses a group of people and asks the crowd to pray with him.
* Back with Pantoja--he meets with his superior officers, who tell him of his delicate mission.
* Collazos explains to Pantoja that soldiers assigned to details in the Amazon jungle have been raping the local women.
* LÃ³pez LÃ³pez, Victoria and Collazos decide that Pantoja is to arrange for prostitutes to visit the soldiers regularly in order to keep the soldiers from attacking women in the small towns.
* Commander BeltrÃ¡n, an army chaplain, is introduced.
* BeltrÃ¡n makes no secret of his displeasure with the soldiers' behavior and his disgust with the Peruvian Army in general.
* Pantoja is told that his mission...
This section contains 2,602 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)