|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do patents and copyright protect?
(a) Scientific knowledge.
(b) Private property.
(c) Intellectual property.
(d) Musical creations.
2. What does statism survive on, according to the author?
3. The author believes that the _______ of man is responsible for production and prosperity.
(b) Hard work.
4. What did the author present in her book "Atlas Shrugged" that is reflected in current events?
(a) Brain-drain in France.
(b) Brain-drain in Great Britain.
(c) Brain-drain in Spain.
(d) Brain-drain in Germany.
5. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The international market.
(b) The domestic economy.
(c) The international trade of silk.
(d) The domestic product.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
2. According to the author, what is the cause of the Great Depression?
3. What helps pull the U.S. out of the Great Depression?
4. According to Rand, capitalism is based on what?
5. What is the name of the theory that states that good is embodied in various actions regardless of benefits and consequences?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)