|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) In the streets.
(b) By working from home.
(c) In the factories.
(d) In the brothels.
2. Who does the author feel is the biggest loser in the foreign-aid program?
(b) The underdeveloped nations.
(c) The U.S.
(d) The semi-developed nations.
3. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
(b) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
(d) "Monopolies and Trade."
4. The author believes that businessmen take the blame for what?
(d) Government actions.
5. According to classical economics, what is the basis of competition?
(a) Producing and selling as much as possible.
(b) Producing and selling for profit.
(c) Producing and selling in a down market.
(d) Producing and selling in a regulated system.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
2. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
3. The first labor laws aimed at children are enacted in what year?
4. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
5. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)