|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The taxpayers.
(b) The scapegoats.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The elite.
2. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government official.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A developer.
(d) A government regulator.
3. A fear of _______ leads to the passage of the first antitrust laws.
4. What does the author believe determines the course of history?
(a) Man's self-sacrifice.
(b) Man's work.
(c) Man's mistakes.
(d) Man's ideas.
5. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
(a) Labor abuse.
(b) Mergers and acquisitions.
(c) Price fixing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
2. What are the two most common metals used as a medium of exchange?
3. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
4. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
5. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)