|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that the nobility, and the king, use to describe people who are considered property?
2. Antitrust laws are written in the popular belief that if businesses were left free, what would result?
(a) Excessive power.
(b) Diminshed power.
(c) Absolute power.
(d) Arbitrary power.
3. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(a) Primary aluminum.
(c) Secondary aluminum.
(d) Aluminum alloy.
4. How does government regulation, according to the author, try to protect the consumer?
(a) Through patents and trademarks.
(b) Through force and fear.
(c) Through elimination of competition.
(d) Through quality control.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The market.
(b) The subsidies.
(c) The economy.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
2. The author states that most wars are started by countries with what?
3. What does political economy study?
4. Who brings the airwaves under U.S. government control?
5. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)