|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Industrial Revolution, how do women earn income?
(a) By working from home.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the brothels.
(d) In the factories.
2. The most successful railroads, according to the author, do what?
(a) Repay their financial aid from the government.
(b) Allow the government to completely fund the projects.
(c) Never receive financial aid from the government.
(d) Take a lot of financial aid from the government.
3. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
(a) The domestic product.
(b) The international market.
(c) The domestic economy.
(d) The international trade of silk.
4. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
(a) Independent agencies.
(b) A controlled economy.
(c) The profits of businessmen.
(d) Government regulation.
5. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Familial rights.
(b) Self-governance rights.
(c) Human rights.
(d) Property rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the "Gold and Economic Freedom" chapter?
2. In a gold-standard system, gold will flow from a low-interest-rate country to where?
3. What is one function of money?
4. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
5. Copyrights apply to what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)