|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rand, what must the individual be willing to do in a capitalist society?
(a) Sacrifice for money.
(b) Sacrifice for the government.
(c) Sacrifice for the common good.
(d) Sacrifice for monopolies.
2. Which president does the author compare to a French minister?
(a) President Monroe.
(b) President Franklin.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President Johnson.
3. Who does the author predict will win when there is a conflict between groups with the same principles?
(a) The man with the most altruism.
(b) The man with the most power.
(c) The man with the most knowledge.
(d) The man with the most consistent behavior.
4. What right does the government have that a private organization does not?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) The right to use force.
(c) The right to sue.
(d) The right to negotiate.
5. When there is protection of the consumer by the government, it lessens the efforts of the firm to provide protection through ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Aluminum Company of America is a monopoly in the sense that it has control over what?
2. How does the author refer to a principle?
3. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
4. The author believes that capitalism cannot function with what?
5. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)