|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pull Peddlers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Raise the cost of production.
(b) Represent the worker to the employer.
(c) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
2. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
(c) A restrained-trade economy.
(d) A planned economy.
3. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
4. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
5. Sometimes legislators are open to _______, a fact which bewilders the public.
(a) Changing their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the antitrust chapter?
2. The author believes that Louis XIV creates a welfare state and ruins what?
3. Who does the author say would earn more money than Einstein?
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
5. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)