|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patents and Copyrights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
(a) A restrained-trade economy.
(b) A planned economy.
2. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
(a) Substandard construction.
(b) Rapid construction.
(c) Well-done construction.
(d) Massive construction.
3. The author believes that antitrust laws are a _______ ________________ of history.
(a) Factual representation.
(b) Failed experiement.
(c) Gross misinterpretation.
(d) Twisted understanding.
4. Competition, according to the author, is regulated by what market?
(a) Stock market.
(b) Securities market.
(c) Capital market.
(d) Growth market.
5. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
(a) The life of the originator plus 25 years.
(b) The life of the originator plus 100 years.
(c) The life of the originator plus 75 years.
(d) The life of the originator plus 50 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
2. According to classical economics, what is the basis of competition?
3. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
4. What does the term "evils of monopoly" refer to?
5. To function as a medium of exchange, an item must be durable and what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)