|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patents and Copyrights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One cost of union negotiated wages, according to the author, is what?
(a) Mobility of employment.
(b) Full employment.
(c) Investment in employment.
2. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The scapegoats.
(c) The elite.
(d) The taxpayers.
3. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(b) Represent the worker to the employer.
(c) Raise the cost of production.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
4. How is man viewed in tribal European culture?
(a) As subjected to the will of the whole.
(b) As free of the whole.
(c) As part of the whole.
(d) As independent of the whole.
5. The power of the railroads, according to the author, comes from where?
(a) The market.
(b) The government.
(c) The subsidies.
(d) The economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are ALCOA, General Electric and other companies said to be engaged in that cause them to be sued under the antitrust laws?
2. Who writes the chapter entitled "The Effects of the industrial Revolution on Women and Children"?
3. How many keystones are there to capitalism?
4. What is one of the negatives that political power uses?
5. The author feels that the only way to make the industry responsive to the market is to make the airwaves what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)