|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patents and Copyrights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, according to the author, does the concept of private property come into existence?
(a) With capitalism.
(b) During feudalism.
(c) Through the Cultural Revolution.
(d) From Karl Marx.
2. What chapter does Nathaniel Branden write?
(a) "Monopolies and Trade."
(b) "Common Truths About Capitalism."
(c) "Common Fallacies About Capitalism."
3. According to the author, what will cure economic problems quickest and best?
(b) The economy.
(d) Restrictions of trade.
4. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
(a) Mandatory requirement.
(b) Absolute right.
(c) Free gift.
(d) Essential element.
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bloodiest conflicts in history have been _______ _______.
2. What is the name of the railroad company in California that holds a virtual monopoly?
3. The author compares statism to what kind of rule?
4. What is the result of railroad subsidies by the government?
5. Who is the author of this book?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)