|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patents and Copyrights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is J.J. Hill?
(a) A government official.
(b) A developer.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A government regulator.
2. The Aluminum Company of America holds a position as the only producer of what?
(b) Primary aluminum.
(c) Secondary aluminum.
(d) Aluminum alloy.
3. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Raise the cost of production.
(b) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(c) Represent the worker to the employer.
(d) Raise the benefits to the worker.
4. What does the author blame for crises and depressions in capitalism?
(a) Allocation of resources.
(b) Cyclical economies.
(c) Bad choices.
(d) Government interference.
5. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what kind of governments use weapons against their own people?
2. Money functions as a __________ in transactions.
3. Branden says that public education is not a ______ _______ because it must be paid for.
4. What does the author believe is the basic tool of business?
5. Which British civil servant says the U.S. antitrust laws cannot be understood?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)