|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Patents and Copyrights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Government regulations tend to be _______, meaning that they dictate a minimum standard of what cannot be done.
2. What right does the author believe is basic to the concept of freedom?
(a) Self-governance rights.
(b) Familial rights.
(c) Property rights.
(d) Human rights.
3. What does Greenspan claim is the best protection for the consumer?
(a) A controlled economy.
(b) Government regulation.
(c) The profits of businessmen.
(d) Independent agencies.
4. The author believes that unions serve a valuable service because they do what?
(a) Represent the worker to the employer.
(b) Prevent the employer from firing the worker.
(c) Raise the benefits to the worker.
(d) Raise the cost of production.
5. What is trade without any barriers known as?
(a) Capitalist trade.
(b) Free trade.
(c) Limited trade.
(d) Expansionist trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that, in statism, businessmen are what?
2. The author says the Industrial Revolution would never occur under what?
3. How long do copyrights last in the United Kingdom?
4. The first labor laws aimed at children target those working as what?
5. One cost of union negotiated wages, according to the author, is what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)