Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Friedman discusses the role of government in education. He says that the government can require education because a democratic society cannot exist without a literate and informed population. Focusing on compulsory education, analyze the role of government in education.
Friedman argues against licensure in general. Examine Friedman's arguments against this topic and critique his examples.
Friedman advocates for the end of the progressive income tax in favor of a flat tax. Why is he against the progressive income tax? What are the benefits to a flat tax? In an essay, analyze Friedman's claims on the progressive income tax.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)