|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific social responsibility does Friedman condemn for corporations?
2. What effect has Friedman observed that public housing has had on juvenile delinquency?
3. According to Friedman, Social security measures were enacted to make receipt of assistance a matter of ______.
4. What one argument for OASI can be justified for Friedman?
5. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
Essay Topic 1
Friedman articulates that economic freedom is necessary for political freedom. Analyze the factors necessary for economic freedom to occur and explain where government intervention is appropriate.
Essay Topic 2
Friedman disagrees with the multiplier effect, a Keynesian theory, reasoning for government spending. Analyze the multiplier effect and examine the man who propagates the theory, John Maynard Keynes.
Essay Topic 3
Friedman discusses the role of government in education. He says that the government can require education because a democratic society cannot exist without a literate and informed population. Focusing on compulsory education, analyze the role of government in education.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)