|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Essay Topic 1
Friedman gives many historical examples to illustrate his point about the relationship between economic and political freedom. Examine these historical examples and decide whether they prove Friedman's thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Friedman condemns charitable giving by corporations and argues that they have no social responsibility. Determine if this is economically sound and true in today's society. Do you agree with Friedman's position?
Essay Topic 3
After describing the current international trade situation regarding government regulation of exchange rates and the price of gold, Friedman goes on to explain his free market solution. What is Friedman's solution? What are the positives and negatives with it? In your opinion, do you think it would work?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)