Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Essay Topic 1
Friedman argues that government mishandling of the money supply produced the Great Depression. Examine Friedman's analysis of the Great Depression and determine if the Federal Reserve System caused the Great Depression.
Essay Topic 2
Friedman theorizes that actions taken by the government to reduce competition, restrict free choice and raise prices have a negative effect on society. Analyze the various forms of monopolies and what the government's role should be.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author, government does have a role in a free society. Analyze Friedman's view of the appropriate role of government.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)