Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Essay Topic 1
Friedman advocates for the end of the progressive income tax in favor of a flat tax. Why is he against the progressive income tax? What are the benefits to a flat tax? In an essay, analyze Friedman's claims on the progressive income tax.
Essay Topic 2
Friedman condemns charitable giving by corporations and argues that they have no social responsibility. Determine if this is economically sound and true in today's society. Do you agree with Friedman's position?
Essay Topic 3
Friedman argues that government mishandling of the money supply produced the Great Depression. Examine Friedman's analysis of the Great Depression and determine if the Federal Reserve System caused the Great Depression.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)