|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Friedman, what is one major cost of the extension of governmental welfare activities?
2. What has capitalism done for discrimination according to Friedman?
3. One threat Friedman believes to the preservation and expansion of freedom is ______.
4. If forced to choose between segregation or integration, which would Friedman choose?
5. Friedman gives the following examples of the negative effects of government intervention except ______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friedman gives many historical examples to illustrate his point about the relationship between economic and political freedom. Examine these historical examples and decide whether they prove Friedman's thesis.
Essay Topic 2
According to the author, government does have a role in a free society. Analyze Friedman's view of the appropriate role of government.
Essay Topic 3
Friedman argues against licensure in general. Examine Friedman's arguments against this topic and critique his examples.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)