Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Essay Topic 1
What is the balance wheel theory of intervention? What is Friedman's view on it?
Essay Topic 2
Friedman theorizes that actions taken by the government to reduce competition, restrict free choice and raise prices have a negative effect on society. Analyze the various forms of monopolies and what the government's role should be.
Essay Topic 3
Milton Friedman (1912--2006) was a Nobel Laureate economist, who not only made important theoretical contributions but also was deeply influential across the world in policy. He was a prominent figure in the conservative and libertarian movements of the late 20th century and promoted classical liberal ideas in his many popular works, including not only books but also videos, lectures, and magazine columns. Friedman published "Capitalism and Freedom" in 1962 and the book has sold half a million copies since. Write an informational essay on Friedman including his early life, academics, Nobel Prize, famous ideas, published works, and lasting impacts.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)