Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prefix were New Dealers commonly called?
2. In Chapter 12, The Alleviation of Poverty, what two things does Friedman say a person cannot be at the same time?
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. Who does Friedman believe is most critical of capitalism?
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
Essay Topic 1
Friedman gives many historical examples to illustrate his point about the relationship between economic and political freedom. Examine these historical examples and decide whether they prove Friedman's thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Friedman makes a clear distinction between the historical usage of the term liberal and the present day definition. Compare and contrast the different uses of the term liberal.
Essay Topic 3
Friedman argues against licensure in general. Examine Friedman's arguments against this topic and critique his examples.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)