|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Friedman, who benefits from licensure?
(d) Licensed practitioners.
2. Forming a list of who engages in what is known as ______.
3. What example does Friedman give for one argument for registration?
(a) Firearm registration.
(b) Sex offender registration.
(c) Alcohol registration.
(d) Tobacco registration.
4. What two professions does Friedman compare to support his claim on the harm it does when people are unable to find mutually acceptable contracts?
(a) Teacher and professor.
(b) Blues singer and opera singer.
(c) Doctor and priest.
(d) Baseball player and basketball player.
5. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
(a) The sugar cane industry.
(b) The auto industry.
(c) The coal industry.
(d) The postal service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has capitalism done for discrimination according to Friedman?
2. Friedman theorizes compulsory purchase of annuities has imposed ______ costs for ______ gains.
3. What does OASI stand for?
4. What is one disadvantage Friedman describes of programs to alleviate poverty?
5. What effect has Friedman observed that public housing has had on juvenile delinquency?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)