|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect has public housing had on the density of people per dwelling?
(a) Reduced it.
(b) Maintained it.
(c) Increased it.
(d) Spread it out.
2. In Chapter 10, The Distribution of Income, what was the chief characteristic of progress and development over the past century?
(a) Advances in education.
(b) Increae in leisure time.
(c) Advances in entertainment.
(d) Advances in technology.
3. What is the term for laws that forbid membership in a union a requirement for employment?
(a) Fair labor laws.
(b) Anti-union laws.
(c) Employment standards laws.
(d) Right to work laws.
4. Friedman simply states that to alleviate poverty, we should have a program directed at ______.
(a) Regulation of charitable giving.
(b) Providing work programs.
(c) Price subsidies.
(d) Helping the poor.
5. What is the term for making non-membership in a union a condition of employment?
(a) Red-cat" contract.
(b) "Green-bird" contract.
(c) "Yellow-dog" contract.
(d) "Blue-bee" contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Friedman, what is the goal of government intervention regarding the distribution of income?
2. What was the exemption of the federal income tax when Friedman wrote "Capitalism and Freedom"?
3. What is one example of a government supported monopoly?
4. What industry does Friedman use to argue against licensure?
5. At the time of the book's publication, there was a tendency to regard government intervention as ______.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)