|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Social Welfare Measures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A major point for Friedman is that politics and economics are not ______.
2. What is the key issue for Friedman with annuities?
(a) Compulsory purchase of annuities.
(b) Distributing the profits of annuities.
(c) Fulfilling the demand for annuities.
(d) Government issuance of annuities.
3. For Friedman, what is an all-embracing ethic?
4. What does Friedman believe is an appropriate rate of increase for the Federal Reserve?
(b) None. That is not a goal of the Federal Reserve.
5. Friedman defines a country as a collection of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friedman makes the distinction between education and ______.
2. What effect has public housing had on the density of people per dwelling?
3. According to Friedman, it can be argued that private schools ______ class distinctions, and therefore need government intervention.
4. Friedman believes that vocational and professional schools should be totally ______ run.
5. In Friedman's mind, why is centralization attractive to many?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)