|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Social Welfare Measures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Friedman believe makes registration easier?
2. One argument Friedman theorizes for Social Security is ______.
(a) The lost boys result.
(b) The neighborhood effect.
(c) The economics of incentives argument.
3. For Friedman, what is the main argument for licensure?
4. In Friedman's mind, why is centralization attractive to many?
(a) Better pool of resources.
(b) Consolidation of power.
(c) Government can promote the public interest.
(d) Streamlined services.
5. According to Friedman, whom does free trade benefit?
(a) Both trading countries.
(b) Neither trading country.
(c) The poorer trading country.
(d) The wealthier trading country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friedman believes that government that has the power to do good, also has the power to do ______.
2. What is one factor that Friedman believes has reduced inequality?
3. What industry sector is most prevalent in monopoly?
4. Friedman believes that all of the following are appropriate for fiscal policy except ______.
5. What industry does Friedman use to argue against licensure?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)