|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Relation between Economic Freedom and Political Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friedman asserts that current liberalism is tied to the state management of ______.
(a) Social welfare.
(b) The economy.
(c) The electoral vote.
(d) The educational system.
2. For Friedman, where is the best place for power to be held?
(a) In the local community.
(b) In the economic system.
(c) At the federal level.
(d) In the states.
3. In Friedman's analysis, what century is the historical exception to most men living in tyranny, servitude, and misery?
4. Friedman uses the example of selling ______ to demonstrate a true global economy.
5. Past and current definitions of liberalism are the same with respect to ______.
(a) Civil freedoms and democracy.
(b) Free markets and the rule of law.
(c) Distribution of wealth and the welfare state.
(d) Paternalism and individualism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way Friedman believes some people criticize markets?
2. Friedman advocates that government should not be a master, but a/an ______.
3. Friedman states that government should be ______.
4. According to Friedman, the market enables wide diversity, meaning power can be located in ______.
5. What does Friedman believe coordinates individuals over vast distances and across all belief systems?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)