|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Relation between Economic Freedom and Political Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friedman believes that free markets are not sufficient for political freedom since many countries demonstrate the possibility of ______.
(a) Laissez-faire markets.
(b) Authoritarian capitalism.
(c) Dictatorial government.
(d) Economic freedom.
2. What does Friedman believe needs protection in order for the freedom of the market to arise?
3. In Friedman's opinion, what should individuals be allowed to do?
(a) Pursue their own ends.
(b) Choose their own religion.
(c) Print their own money.
(d) Elect their own leaders.
4. What does Friedman say can government not duplicate?
(a) The power of local control.
(b) The creativity of the individual.
(c) The free market economic system.
(d) An international monitoring system.
5. Friedman uses the example of selling ______ to demonstrate a true global economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally, liberalism fought for freedom of thought, free-markets, free trade, constitutionalism, representative government, and ______.
2. According to Friedman, what is a necessary condition for political freedom?
3. Besides enforcing contracts, what one other thing does Friedman say government should do?
4. Friedman defines a country as a collection of ______.
5. For Friedman, what is an all-embracing ethic?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)