|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Relation between Economic Freedom and Political Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Friedman, what is liberty's greatest enemy?
(a) Elected leaders.
(b) The educational system.
(c) The Federal government.
(d) Concentration of power.
2. For Friedman, what is something that when privately owned can be used if the price is right?
(a) Political campaigns.
(d) Educational systems.
3. In Friedman's mind, why is centralization attractive to many?
(a) Better pool of resources.
(b) Consolidation of power.
(c) Streamlined services.
(d) Government can promote the public interest.
4. For Friedman, what is an all-embracing ethic?
5. Originally, liberalism fought for freedom of thought, free-markets, free trade, constitutionalism, representative government, and ______.
(a) The rule of law.
(b) A welfare state.
(c) Fair trade.
(d) Rights of the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Friedman's opinion, what should individuals be allowed to do?
2. A major point for Friedman is that politics and economics are not ______.
3. Friedman asserts that government is needed for the ______.
4. Friedman points out one idea that is often forgotten is that political and economic institutions have been ______.
5. According to Friedman, what is a necessary condition for political freedom?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)