|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Relation between Economic Freedom and Political Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Friedman, the market enables wide diversity, meaning power can be located in ______.
(a) The hands of many.
(b) The hands of a few.
(c) Large pockets with limited interests.
(d) Small pockets of individual actors.
2. One question Friedman asks is how we can stop government from destroying ______.
3. In the market described by Friedman, exchanges between households are ______.
4. Friedman hypothesizes that the change from free market societies to economic controlled ones led classical liberals to worry that it would ______ political freedom.
5. Friedman points out one idea that is often forgotten is that political and economic institutions have been ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Friedman, what is a necessary condition for political freedom?
2. What does Friedman believe coordinates individuals over vast distances and across all belief systems?
3. Friedman asserts that government restriction centralizes ______.
4. A major point for Friedman is that politics and economics are not ______.
5. Friedman advocates that government should not be a master, but a/an ______.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)