|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Control of Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One question Friedman asks is how we can stop government from destroying ______.
2. In Friedman's opinion, what will check government power?
(a) A strong judicial system.
(b) A free market.
(c) The people.
(d) A tripartite government.
3. What is one example of a negative externality?
(a) Lack of voting.
(d) Private education.
4. What does Friedman claim that governments abuse?
(a) Ability to issue stocks.
(b) The power to determine taxes.
(c) Commodity standards.
(d) The trust of the people.
5. Friedman points out one idea that is often forgotten is that political and economic institutions have been ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Friedman, what is a necessary condition for political freedom?
2. What major event does Friedman strongly believe was a result of the government mishandling the money supply?
3. Friedman hypothesizes that the change from free market societies to economic controlled ones led classical liberals to worry that it would ______ political freedom.
4. Friedman asserts that government restriction centralizes ______.
5. What does Friedman say can government not duplicate?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)