|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Capitalism and Discrimination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Friedman asserts that government restriction centralizes ______.
2. What is one way Friedman believes some people criticize markets?
(a) It gives people what they want.
(b) It hurts those in power.
(c) It inequitably distributes wealth.
(d) It limits people's choices.
3. In Friedman's time, what was illegal to buy or sell?
4. One of Friedman's claims for government involvement in education asserts that there are ______ to education.
(a) Negative externalities.
(b) Positive externalities.
(c) Extreme costs.
(d) Minimal costs.
5. Friedman's belief is that what cause would free trade substantially promote, both domestically and internationally?
(a) Political power.
(d) Currency exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Friedman would agree that racism is ______.
2. According to Friedman, whom does free trade benefit?
3. What term refers to the argument for education that parents will not do best for their children?
4. Friedman believes that free markets are not sufficient for political freedom since many countries demonstrate the possibility of ______.
5. Which type of education does Friedman not advocate the government paying for?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)