* Friedman is a free market capitalist.
* Definition of liberal as described by Friedman has changed over time.
* Friedman explains that the term liberal formerly was associated with free markets, and now it is associated with government assistance.
Chapter 1, The Relation between Economic Freedom and Political Freedom
* Friedman asserts that economic freedom is necessary for political freedom.
* Economic freedom, as described by Friedman, is the ability for individuals to make decisions for themselves and enter into contracts voluntarily.
* Friedman believes that government is needed for the "rules of the game" and to interpret and enforce the rules.
Chapter 2, The Role of Government in a Free Society
* Friedman explains there is a limited time and place for government intervention in a free society.
* Friedman believes that government should establish the rules and then be an "umpire" to interpret the rules.
Chapter 3, The Control of Money
* The Federal Reserve Act...
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)