|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Coyote Runs' tribe occasionally get beef?
(a) Fort McGrady.
(b) Carnigan's Ranch.
(c) The local mission.
(d) The army's herd.
2. What does the soldier who shoots Coyote Runs do as he pulls the trigger?
(a) Jokes with his companions.
(b) Prays for him.
(c) Lectures him on stealing.
(d) Closes his eyes.
3. What did the bottom of the canyon look like to Brennan?
(a) An old riverbed filled with boulders.
(b) Soft, shifting sand.
(c) Hard granite.
(d) Sand dotted with sage brush.
4. Why does Brennan put his sleeping bag under a large boulder?
(a) To shield himself from the sun.
(b) To get away from the kids.
(c) To keep the dew off his sleeping bag.
(d) To pretend he is hiding from the soldiers.
5. What kind of horse does Coyote Runs ride on the way home?
(a) A palomino.
(b) A sorrel.
(c) A pinto.
(d) A white horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the kids in the van with Brennan?
2. Why does Coyote Runs fear for his life?
3. What does Brennan tell his mother is the only way to get the kids to sleep?
4. What does Brennan do when he finds a skull?
5. Why did Coyote Runs go to the stream when he woke in the morning?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)