|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
2. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
3. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
4. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
5. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness is a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme? How does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)