|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
2. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
3. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
4. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
5. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book? What affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Umney is a minor character in this book that made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this? How would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)