|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
2. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
3. How long has the ghost been dead?
4. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
5. What does the ghost say he does not have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)