|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
2. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
3. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
4. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
5. What is the Duke's first name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)