|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
2. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
3. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
4. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
5. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this? What are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)