|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
2. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
3. Why does Mr. Otis feel the way he does when Virginia is found?
4. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
5. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
Essay Topic 1
England and America are contrasted a few times in this book. Choose a character and write about how that character felt about America and England, and why they felt this way.
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)