|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
2. How does the ghost feel about Virginia?
3. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
4. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
5. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might the author have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear? Which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes? How does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)