|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
2. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
3. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
4. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
5. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness is a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme? How does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)