|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
2. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
3. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
4. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
5. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
England and America are contrasted a few times in this book. Choose a character and write about how that character felt about America and England, and why they felt this way.
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes? How does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)