|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
2. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
3. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
4. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
5. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Umney is a minor character in this book that made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this? How would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book? What affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)