|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
2. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
3. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
4. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
5. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances. Compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)