|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ghost plan to make a weekly appearance?
2. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
3. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
4. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
5. How does the ghost tell Virginia he is feeling after she makes her threat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might the author have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)