|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
2. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
3. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
4. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
5. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear? Which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2Despair is an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair? How does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 3Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)