|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone say on September 19th that scares the ghost?
2. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
3. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
4. What does the ghost step in on the stairs?
5. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)