|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
2. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
3. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
4. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
5. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)