|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
2. What does the ghost say he does not have?
3. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
4. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
5. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Oscar Wilde. What are some of these symbols? How does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
There are many characters in this book that are manipulated and persuaded to do things they do not want to do. What are some of these instances? How are those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)