|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
2. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
3. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found?
4. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
5. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this? What are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes? How does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)