Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
2. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
3. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
4. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
5. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are many characters in this book that are manipulated and persuaded to do things they do not want to do. What are some of these instances? How are those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)