|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
3. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
4. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
5. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
2. Why does Lord Canterville refuse to take the jewels that the ghost gave Virginia?
3. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
4. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
5. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
6. Why does Mr. Otis think Lord Canterville will want the jewels given to Virginia?
7. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
8. What does Lord Canterville say might happen if he takes the jewels from Virginia?
9. What happens when Virginia is found after all the efforts to search for her?
10. What does the ghost say his existence consists of? How does Virginia respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
England and America are contrasted a few times in this book. Choose a character and write about how that character felt about America and England, and why they felt this way.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)