|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. How long does the storm last?
3. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
4. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
5. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
2. What does Washington do after admitting that the ghost is real?
3. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
4. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
5. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
6. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
7. What happens when the ghost attempts to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
8. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
9. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
10. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this? What are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair? How does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)