|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
2. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
3. What are the names of the Otis twins?
4. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
5. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
2. How does the ghost plan to fulfill his duties after his Friday night plans fail?
3. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
4. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
5. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
6. What does Virginia tell her husband when he asks what happened the day the ghost died?
7. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
8. What pranks do the twins play on the ghost after his Friday night plan fails?
9. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
10. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear? How do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear? Which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)