|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
2. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
3. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
4. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
5. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
2. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
3. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
4. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
5. What does the ghost plan to do to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
6. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
7. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
8. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's room? Why?
9. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
10. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness is a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme? How does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
England and America are contrasted a few times in this book. Choose a character and write about how that character felt about America and England, and why they felt this way.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Umney is a minor character in this book that made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this? How would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)