Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
2. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
3. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
4. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
5. How long has the ghost been dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
2. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
3. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
4. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
5. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
6. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
7. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
8. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
9. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
10. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances. Compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme? How does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book? What affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)