Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
2. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
3. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
4. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
5. How long has the ghost been dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
2. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
3. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
4. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
5. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
6. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
7. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
8. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
9. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
10. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this? What are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear? Which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)