|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
2. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
3. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
4. How long has the ghost been dead?
5. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lord Canterville refuse to take the jewels that the ghost gave Virginia?
2. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
3. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
4. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
5. How does the ghost plan to fulfill his duties after his Friday night plans fail?
6. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
7. Why does the ghost think he could fit inside the suit of armor in the hall?
8. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
9. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
10. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships? How does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters? How do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair? How does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)