|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
2. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
3. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
4. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
5. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
2. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's room? Why?
3. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
4. What happens when the ghost attempts to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
5. How does the Duke's uncle die?
6. Why does the ghost think he could fit inside the suit of armor in the hall?
7. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
8. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
9. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
10. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
Essay Topic 1
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Oscar Wilde presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Umney is a minor character in this book that made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this? How would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)