|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
(a) A lover.
(b) An American.
(c) A beauty.
(d) An angel.
2. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Headless Earl.
(b) Blind Benny.
(c) Screeching Sam.
(d) Lunatic Edward.
3. Who killed the ghost?
(a) His lover.
(b) His father.
(c) His brothers-in-law.
(d) His priest.
4. How did the ghost die?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He was starved to death.
(c) He died of a venerial disease.
(d) He was hung.
5. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
2. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
3. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
4. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
5. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)