|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) Virginia's death.
(b) The jump back in time.
(c) A call from Mr. Otis.
(d) Tea time.
2. Who does Mr. Otis take with him to look for Virginia?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) The twins.
(c) The Duke.
3. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is surrounded.
(b) It is searched.
(c) It is dragged.
(d) It is drained.
4. Why does Mr. Otis feel the way he does when Virginia is found?
(a) He thought she was dead.
(b) He missed her.
(c) He thinks she was playing a trick on them.
(d) He does not know how she got there.
5. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
2. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
3. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
4. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
5. How does the ghost tell Virginia he is feeling after she makes her threat?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)