|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A tincture.
(d) Some wine.
2. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
(a) He is too scared.
(b) He wants them to think he left.
(c) He knows he is failing.
(d) His feelings are hurt.
3. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
(a) The country.
4. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The railway station.
(d) A gypsy village.
5. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) Virginia's death.
(b) Tea time.
(c) A call from Mr. Otis.
(d) The jump back in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
2. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
3. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
4. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
5. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)