|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They do not want it.
(b) They keep cleaning it.
(c) They do not fear it.
(d) They don't talk about it.
2. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is dragged.
(b) It is surrounded.
(c) It is drained.
(d) It is searched.
3. What sound is heard after Virginia leaves with the ghost?
(a) A scream.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A chime.
(d) A bell.
4. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
(a) A friend.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) Fresh greens.
5. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) An old book.
(b) A small casket.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A vial of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
2. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
3. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
4. Why does Mr. Otis feel the way he does when Virginia is found?
5. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)