|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She was a bad wife.
(c) She was a bad cook.
(d) She was plain.
2. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Search all night.
(b) Hold a prayer.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Contact the authorities.
3. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
(a) To protect his legacy.
(b) To be scary.
(c) To rattle his chains and groan.
(d) To right his wrongs.
4. How does the ghost tell Virginia he is feeling after she makes her threat?
5. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
(a) The Resting Place.
(b) The Garden of Peace.
(c) The Garden of Death.
(d) The Place of Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
2. What does someone say on September 19th that scares the ghost?
3. What does the ghost say he does not have?
4. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
5. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)