|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
(a) 7:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
2. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) An old book.
(b) A small casket.
(c) A vial of blood.
(d) A dagger.
3. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
(a) A scream.
(c) Strange music.
(d) A loud crash.
4. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
5. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
2. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
3. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
4. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
5. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)