|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
(a) Virginia may have fallen in.
(b) There are lots of hiding places there.
(c) Virginia has been known to nap around there.
(d) Other victims have been found there.
2. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was a bad cook.
(b) She was plain.
(c) She was unfaithful.
(d) She was a bad wife.
3. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
(a) She said she was going on a long ride.
(b) She usually picks flowers at that time.
(c) She is a capable girl.
(d) She often skips tea.
4. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(b) Every Tuesday.
(c) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(d) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
5. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) Mr. Otis.
(d) The twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
2. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
3. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
4. What does the ghost say he does not have?
5. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)