|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The railway station.
(c) A gypsy village.
(d) A neighboring farm.
2. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was a bad cook.
(b) She was a bad wife.
(c) She was plain.
(d) She was unfaithful.
3. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
(b) Migrant Farmers.
4. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
(a) To protect his legacy.
(b) To rattle his chains and groan.
(c) To be scary.
(d) To right his wrongs.
5. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
(a) Virginia may have fallen in.
(b) There are lots of hiding places there.
(c) Virginia has been known to nap around there.
(d) Other victims have been found there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
2. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
3. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
4. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
5. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)