|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
(a) A jug of water.
(b) A bag of old tomatoes.
(c) A rake.
(d) A box of books.
2. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
(a) The country.
3. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The attic.
(b) The storage room.
(c) The linen closet.
(d) The sewing room.
4. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
5. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
(a) Virginia has been known to nap around there.
(b) There are lots of hiding places there.
(c) Virginia may have fallen in.
(d) Other victims have been found there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
2. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
3. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
4. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
5. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)