|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Headless Earl.
(b) Screeching Sam.
(c) Blind Benny.
(d) Lunatic Edward.
2. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Search all night.
(c) Hold a prayer.
(d) Contact the authorities.
3. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
(d) The country.
4. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was plain.
(b) She was a bad cook.
(c) She was a bad wife.
(d) She was unfaithful.
5. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 150 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
2. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
3. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found?
4. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
5. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)