|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
(a) She often skips tea.
(b) She said she was going on a long ride.
(c) She is a capable girl.
(d) She usually picks flowers at that time.
2. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
(a) Weep for his sins.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Interpret what it means.
(d) Listen to his story.
3. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
(a) Digging his own grave.
(b) Playing cards with the ghost.
(d) Trying to vanquish the ghost.
4. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
(d) Mr. Otis.
5. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Otis feel the way he does when Virginia is found?
2. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
3. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
4. What does the ghost say he does not have?
5. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)