|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
2. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cranburshire Cove.
(b) Canterbury Castle.
(c) Canterville Chase.
(d) Castlewood Cross.
3. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Find some more dye.
(b) Wear his suit of armor.
(c) Make a loud crash.
(d) Load his pistol.
4. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Jumped out a window.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Hung himself.
5. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Good natured and sweet.
(b) Good looking with good health.
(c) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(d) Small and sickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
2. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
3. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
4. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
5. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Virginia is found after all the efforts to search for her?
2. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
3. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
4. What causes Mrs. Umney to faint?
5. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
6. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
7. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
8. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
9. What happens when the ghost is about to begin his plan to scare Washington on Friday?
10. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)