|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
2. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Reads a book.
3. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Paints a picture.
(b) Lubricates his chains.
(c) Plots his revenge.
(d) Fixes the window.
4. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
5. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Terrify someone.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Scare people away.
(d) Deliver his message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
2. Who does the item that crashed in the hall belong to?
3. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
4. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
5. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
2. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
3. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
4. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
5. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
6. When does Virginia wear her jewels? How are they received?
7. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
8. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
9. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
10. What does Washington do when the stain in the library keeps reappearing?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)