|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He floats through the ceiling.
(c) He sinks through the floor.
(d) He vanishes through a wall.
2. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
(a) A bottle of lubricator.
(b) A cup of water.
(c) Some window tape.
(d) A pillow.
3. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
4. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Paints a picture.
(b) Fixes the window.
(c) Lubricates his chains.
(d) Plots his revenge.
5. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(b) Mrs. Otis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
2. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
3. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
4. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
5. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
2. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
3. Where does the bloodstain in the library come from?
4. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
5. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
6. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
7. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
8. When does Lord Canterville say the ghost appears? What is Mr. Otis's response to this?
9. What happens when Virginia is found after all the efforts to search for her?
10. How does the ghost plan to scare Washington in his Friday plan?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)