|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
2. Who murdered the woman who caused the blood stain?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her lover.
3. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The attic.
(b) His room.
(c) The library.
(d) The old elevator shaft.
4. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
(a) Replace them with new ones.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Take them away.
(d) Lubricate them himself.
5. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
2. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
3. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
4. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
5. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke's uncle die?
2. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
3. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
4. What does Washington do when the stain in the library keeps reappearing?
5. What does Mrs. Umney say when she wakes from her faint?
6. What does the ghost say is the hardest part about being a ghost?
7. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
8. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
9. What does the ghost spend his night doing after his first encounter with the Otis family?
10. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)