|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Duke of Cheshire.
(b) The Duke of Edrington.
(c) The Earl of Eastlake.
(d) The Earl of Westmore.
2. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) The ghost.
(b) Historical background.
(c) A reputation.
3. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
4. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The hall.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The library.
5. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
3. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
4. How long does the storm last?
5. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Virginia describe what she sees when she gets to the sewing room to fix her dress?
2. What causes Mrs. Umney to faint?
3. How does the ghost plan to scare Washington in his Friday plan?
4. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
5. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
6. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
7. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
8. What pranks do the twins play on the ghost after his Friday night plan fails?
9. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
10. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)