|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A live snake.
(b) His pistol.
(c) His wife's heart.
(d) A clammy hand.
2. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Hung himself.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Jumped out a window.
3. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(c) Mrs. Umney.
4. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Angry Angus.
(b) Bawdy Brian.
(c) Raging Reginold.
(d) Dumb Daniel.
5. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) There might be a ghost.
(b) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(c) There is a hole in the roof.
(d) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
2. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
4. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
5. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pranks do the twins play on the ghost after his Friday night plan fails?
2. What happens when the ghost is about to begin his plan to scare Washington on Friday?
3. What does Virginia tell her husband when he asks what happened the day the ghost died?
4. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
5. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
6. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
7. Why is Virginia so upset when the ghost kept reapplying the bloodstain in the library?
8. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
9. Why does Mr. Otis think Lord Canterville will want the jewels given to Virginia?
10. What does the ghost plan to do to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)