Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(b) Running out of the house.
(c) Falling down stairs.
(d) Having fits.
2. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The library.
(b) The attic.
(c) His room.
(d) The old elevator shaft.
3. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Make a loud crash.
(b) Load his pistol.
(c) Wear his suit of armor.
(d) Find some more dye.
4. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
5. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 300 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
2. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
3. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
4. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
5. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
2. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
3. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
4. What is the scariest part of the Friday night plan? Why?
5. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
6. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
7. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
8. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
9. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
10. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)