|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found in the library after the storm?
(a) A dead crow.
(b) A new picture.
(c) The blood stain.
(d) A death certificate.
2. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He vanishes through a wall.
(c) He sinks through the floor.
(d) He floats through the ceiling.
3. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
(a) Rips it to shreds.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Drinks it.
4. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It is far from town.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is small and old.
5. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) The sight of Mr. Otis.
(b) A strange reflection.
(c) The hoot of an owl.
(d) A thunder clap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
2. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
3. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
5. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Canterville say might happen if he takes the jewels from Virginia?
2. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
3. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
4. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
5. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
6. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
7. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
8. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
9. What does the ghost say is the hardest part about being a ghost?
10. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)