|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) Mrs. Umney.
2. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(d) Mrs. Umney.
3. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 200 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 350 years.
4. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the tub.
(d) Outside his bedroom.
5. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Find some more dye.
(b) Wear his suit of armor.
(c) Load his pistol.
(d) Make a loud crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
2. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
3. Who murdered the woman who caused the blood stain?
4. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
5. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Virginia so upset when the ghost kept reapplying the bloodstain in the library?
2. What does the ghost say his existence consists of? How does Virginia respond to this?
3. What happens when the ghost attempts to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
4. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's room? Why?
5. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
6. Why does Mr. Otis think Lord Canterville will want the jewels given to Virginia?
7. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
8. What does the ghost spend his night doing after his first encounter with the Otis family?
9. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
10. How does the ghost plan to scare Washington in his Friday plan?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)