|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(c) Mrs. Umney.
2. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
3. What does the ghost consider himself?
(a) A piece of history.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) An artist.
(d) An anomoly.
4. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Good looking with good health.
(b) Small and sickly.
(c) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(d) Good natured and sweet.
5. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) Two skeleton hands.
(c) A ghost in chains.
(d) A strange reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
2. How long does the storm last?
3. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
4. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
5. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
2. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
3. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
4. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
5. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
6. How does the ghost plan to fulfill his duties after his Friday night plans fail?
7. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
8. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
9. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
10. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)