|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He vanishes through a wall.
(c) He floats through the ceiling.
(d) He sinks through the floor.
2. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
3. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Paints a picture.
(b) Lubricates his chains.
(c) Plots his revenge.
(d) Fixes the window.
4. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
5. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He left very rudely.
(b) He did not accept the lubricant.
(c) He did not introduce himself.
(d) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
2. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
3. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
4. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
5. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the ghost think he could fit inside the suit of armor in the hall?
2. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
3. How does the ghost plan to fulfill his duties after his Friday night plans fail?
4. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
5. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
6. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
7. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
8. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
9. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
10. What does the ghost plan to do to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)