|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Small and sickly.
(b) Good looking with good health.
(c) Good natured and sweet.
(d) Beautiful and high maintenance.
2. Who does the item that crashed in the hall belong to?
(a) The ghost's wife.
(b) The ghost.
(c) Lord Canterville.
(d) Mr. Otis.
3. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
(d) Mrs. Otis.
4. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
5. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Laugh menacingly.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Stab himself 3 times.
(d) Change his shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
2. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
3. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
4. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
5. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
2. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
3. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
4. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
5. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
6. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
7. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
8. How does the Duke's uncle die?
9. How does Virginia describe what she sees when she gets to the sewing room to fix her dress?
10. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)