|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(b) Clanging metal.
(c) Scratches on wood.
(d) Maniacal laughing.
2. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
3. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A sword.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A dagger.
4. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
5. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The old elevator shaft.
(b) The attic.
(c) The library.
(d) His room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
2. How long has the ghost been dead?
3. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
4. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
5. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
3. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
4. What does Washington do after admitting that the ghost is real?
5. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
6. What happens during the funeral for the ghost?
7. How does Virginia describe what she sees when she gets to the sewing room to fix her dress?
8. What does the ghost spend his night doing after his first encounter with the Otis family?
9. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
10. What happens when Virginia Otis wins a horse race?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)