|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Castlewood Cross.
(b) Cranburshire Cove.
(c) Canterville Chase.
(d) Canterbury Castle.
2. How long does the storm last?
(a) A few hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) All night.
(d) 1 week.
3. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 10:00 pm.
(c) 11:00 pm.
(d) 9:00 pm.
4. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
5. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A large box.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) A chest of drawers.
(d) A picture frame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
2. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
3. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
4. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
5. What is found in the library after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ghost spend his night doing after his first encounter with the Otis family?
2. What happens on September 19?
3. What does Lord Canterville say might happen if he takes the jewels from Virginia?
4. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
5. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
6. Where does the bloodstain in the library come from?
7. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
8. What does Washington do after admitting that the ghost is real?
9. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
10. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)