|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Shot himself.
(b) Hung himself.
(c) Jumped out a window.
(d) Slit his wrists.
2. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
3. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A sword.
4. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Put a rug over the stain.
(b) Keep the ghost busy.
(c) Lock the library.
(d) Clean the stain.
5. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
2. Where does the ghost sleep?
3. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
4. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
5. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
2. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
3. What do the twins do when they see the ghost for the first time?
4. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
5. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
6. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
7. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
8. What does the ghost say when Virginia reprimands him for killing his wife?
9. What happens when the ghost is about to begin his plan to scare Washington on Friday?
10. Why is Virginia so upset when the ghost kept reapplying the bloodstain in the library?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)