|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is small and old.
(b) It is haunted.
(c) It is far from town.
(d) It is too expensive.
2. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
3. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
4. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(c) Mrs. Umney.
5. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) 1:30 am.
(c) 12:30 am.
(d) 1:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
2. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
3. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
4. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
5. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Canterville say might happen if he takes the jewels from Virginia?
2. What does Cecil do after Virginia returns and shares her story?
3. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
4. What does Washington do when the stain in the library keeps reappearing?
5. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
6. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
7. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
8. Where do Mr. Otis and the Duke search for Virginia?
9. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
10. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)