|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He vanishes through a wall.
(b) He floats through the ceiling.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He sinks through the floor.
2. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Lubricates his chains.
(b) Paints a picture.
(c) Plots his revenge.
(d) Fixes the window.
3. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The library.
(b) The attic.
(c) His room.
(d) The old elevator shaft.
4. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Angry Angus.
(b) Bawdy Brian.
(c) Dumb Daniel.
(d) Raging Reginold.
5. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is working on his plan.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is practicing other forms.
(d) He is lubricating his chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
2. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
4. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
5. How long has the ghost been dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the ghost think he could fit inside the suit of armor in the hall?
2. What does Mrs. Umney say when she wakes from her faint?
3. What does the Otis family talk about at dinner after they admit that the ghost is real?
4. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
5. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
6. When does Lord Canterville say the ghost appears? What is Mr. Otis's response to this?
7. What does Virginia tell her husband when he asks what happened the day the ghost died?
8. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
9. What are some of the disguises the ghost has used in his haunting career?
10. When does Virginia wear her jewels? How are they received?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)