|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
(b) Well behaved.
2. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Bawdy Brian.
(b) Raging Reginold.
(c) Dumb Daniel.
(d) Angry Angus.
3. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
(b) 12:30 am.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 1:30 am.
4. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Stab himself 3 times.
(c) Change his shape.
(d) Laugh menacingly.
5. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) A ghost in chains.
(b) Two skeleton hands.
(c) A strange reflection.
(d) Rivers of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
2. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
3. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
4. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
5. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Canterville say might happen if he takes the jewels from Virginia?
2. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
3. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
4. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
5. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
6. How does the ghost ask Virginia to help him? Why?
7. Why does nobody worry about Virginia when she does not come to tea?
8. What happens when Virginia is found after all the efforts to search for her?
9. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
10. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)