|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 350 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 250 years.
2. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They go for a drive.
(d) They go for a walk.
4. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Earl of Eastlake.
(b) The Duke of Edrington.
(c) The Duke of Cheshire.
(d) The Earl of Westmore.
5. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Scratches on wood.
(b) Clanging metal.
(d) Maniacal laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
2. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
3. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
4. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
5. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Otises all respond to what Mrs. Umney says when she wakes up from her faint?
2. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
3. What does the ghost say is the hardest part about being a ghost?
4. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
5. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
6. What does Virginia do when she tears her dress?
7. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
8. What does the ghost say his existence consists of? How does Virginia respond to this?
9. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
10. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)