|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Laugh menacingly.
(b) Stab himself 3 times.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Change his shape.
2. Where is Mr. Otis from?
3. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
(a) Rips it to shreds.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Smashes it.
4. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
5. What happens during the storm?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) The attic floods.
(d) A window breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
2. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
3. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
4. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
5. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
2. What does the ghost say his existence consists of? How does Virginia respond to this?
3. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
4. What does Mr. Otis do when the ghost's chains wake him up?
5. What does Virginia show her family when she returns to them?
6. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
7. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
8. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
9. How does the ghost pan to scare Virginia in his Friday plan?
10. How does Virginia describe what she sees when she gets to the sewing room to fix her dress?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)