|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(b) Having fits.
(c) Running out of the house.
(d) Falling down stairs.
2. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(d) A pillow.
3. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A clammy hand.
(b) A live snake.
(c) His pistol.
(d) His wife's heart.
4. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is working on his plan.
(c) He is practicing other forms.
(d) He is lubricating his chains.
5. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) The storm.
(b) The sunset.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The bloodstain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
2. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
5. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ghost plan to scare Washington in his Friday plan?
2. How is the ghost maintaining the bloodstain in the library?
3. What does the ghost spend his night doing after his first encounter with the Otis family?
4. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's room? Why?
5. What causes Mrs. Umney to faint?
6. What does Mrs. Otis do after she sees the cause of the crash in the hall? How does the ghost respond to this?
7. What happens when the ghost tries to curse the Otis Family?
8. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
9. What does the ghost give Virginia in exchange for helping him?
10. Why does Lord Canterville refuse to take the jewels that the ghost gave Virginia?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)