|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Anger the people he is haunting.
(b) Scare people away.
(c) Terrify someone.
(d) Deliver his message.
2. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He sprains his ankle.
(b) He twists his shoulder.
(c) He bruises his knees.
(d) He cuts his leg.
3. Where does the ghost sleep?
(a) The library.
(b) The attic.
(c) A secret room.
(d) An old elevator shaft.
4. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The twins.
(b) A thunder clap.
(c) Mr. Otis's gun.
(d) Virginia's stain remover.
5. What happens during the storm?
(a) A window breaks.
(b) The power goes out.
(d) The attic floods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
2. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
3. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
4. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
5. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found? Why?
2. What happens when Virginia Otis wins a horse race?
3. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
4. What happened when the Dowager Duchess and her maids see the ghost?
5. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
6. Where does the bloodstain in the library come from?
7. What happens when the ghost attempts to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
8. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
9. When does Lord Canterville say the ghost appears? What is Mr. Otis's response to this?
10. What does Virginia tell her husband when he asks what happened the day the ghost died?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)