|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the storm?
(b) A window breaks.
(c) The attic floods.
(d) The power goes out.
2. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(b) Maniacal laughing.
(c) Scratches on wood.
(d) Clanging metal.
3. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the library.
(b) Outside his bedroom.
(c) In the tub.
(d) In the attic.
4. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) Virginia's stain remover.
(b) Mr. Otis's gun.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) The twins.
5. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The attic.
(b) The old elevator shaft.
(c) His room.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the storm last?
2. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
3. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
4. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
5. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pranks do the twins play on the ghost after his Friday night plan fails?
2. How does the ghost feel after the events of his Friday night plans?
3. What happens when the ghost is about to begin his plan to scare Washington on Friday?
4. What does Mr. Otis think happened to Virginia when he first heard she is missing?
5. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
6. What does the ghost plan to do to get back at the twins for the pranks they pull after the failed Friday night?
7. What happens when Virginia Otis wins a horse race?
8. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
9. What does the ghost do after Mr. Otis speaks to him for the first time?
10. Why does Lord Canterville refuse to take the jewels that the ghost gave Virginia?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)