|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost consider himself?
(a) An artist.
(b) A piece of history.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) An anomoly.
2. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) A reputation.
(c) Historical background.
(d) The ghost.
3. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He left very rudely.
(b) He did not introduce himself.
(c) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
(d) He did not accept the lubricant.
4. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The library.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hall.
5. What happens to the sky as the Otises approach their new house?
(a) It is filled with billowing clouds.
(b) It pours rain in one spot.
(c) It brightens up.
(d) It becomes dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
2. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
3. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
4. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
5. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lord Canterville refuse to take the jewels that the ghost gave Virginia?
2. What does Virginia ask to keep? How does Mr. Otis react to this request?
3. What does Virginia tell her husband when he asks what happened the day the ghost died?
4. Why does the ghost decide to talk to the thing that interrupts his plan to scare Washington?
5. What happens when Virginia is found after all the efforts to search for her?
6. When does Lord Canterville say the ghost appears? What is Mr. Otis's response to this?
7. How is the marriage between Cecil and Virginia received?
8. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
10. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)