|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(c) Mr. Otis.
(d) The Duke.
2. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They do not fear it.
(b) They do not want it.
(c) They keep cleaning it.
(d) They don't talk about it.
3. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
(a) A promise.
(b) A history.
(d) A treasure map.
4. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
5. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 5 days.
6. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
7. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) The twins.
8. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A small casket.
(c) An old book.
(d) A vial of blood.
9. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
(a) She often skips tea.
(b) She is a capable girl.
(c) She said she was going on a long ride.
(d) She usually picks flowers at that time.
10. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Take back her paints.
(b) Ask the twins to stay home.
(c) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(d) Lock the library.
11. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
(a) Virginia's paints.
(c) Chicken blood.
(d) Shoe dye.
12. What is the Duke's first name?
13. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
14. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(b) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(c) Every Tuesday.
(d) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
15. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is surrounded.
(b) It is searched.
(c) It is dragged.
(d) It is drained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
2. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
3. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
4. What does the ghost say he does not have?
5. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)