|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found?
2. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
(a) Other victims have been found there.
(b) Virginia has been known to nap around there.
(c) There are lots of hiding places there.
(d) Virginia may have fallen in.
3. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
(a) Clanging his chains.
(c) Plotting out his revenge.
(d) Maintaining the blood stain.
4. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
(a) Jack the Heartless.
(b) Jonas the Graveless.
(c) James the Soulless.
(d) John the Fearless.
5. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
(a) Murdering Mike.
(b) Naughty Ned.
(c) Crazy Christopher.
(d) Reckless Rupert.
6. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
7. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
(b) The country.
8. What is the Duke's first name?
9. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
10. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
11. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
(a) Virginia's paints.
(b) Chicken blood.
(d) Shoe dye.
12. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(c) The twins.
13. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
(a) Interpret what it means.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Listen to his story.
(d) Weep for his sins.
14. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
(a) A friend.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) Fresh greens.
15. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
2. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
3. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
4. What does the ghost say he does not have?
5. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)