|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) A liquor cabinet.
(b) The toilet.
(c) The ice box.
(d) The stove.
2. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
(a) Mr. Otis.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
3. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
(a) He is in anguish.
(b) He has moved.
(c) He will keep haunting them.
(d) He is dead.
4. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Blind Benny.
(b) Headless Earl.
(c) Screeching Sam.
(d) Lunatic Edward.
5. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
6. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) A tincture.
(c) A new hat.
(d) Some wine.
7. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
8. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
9. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
(a) His feelings are hurt.
(b) He knows he is failing.
(c) He is too scared.
(d) He wants them to think he left.
10. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Take back her paints.
(b) Lock the library.
(c) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(d) Ask the twins to stay home.
11. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
(a) A migraine.
(b) A fever.
(c) A bruise.
(d) A cold.
12. How did the ghost die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He died of a venerial disease.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He was starved to death.
13. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
(a) To protect his legacy.
(b) To rattle his chains and groan.
(c) To right his wrongs.
(d) To be scary.
14. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
(a) Made her forget the time.
(b) Seduced her.
(c) Kidnapped her.
(d) Entertained her.
15. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
(a) Understand his past.
(b) Walk through a wall.
(c) See into the spirit world.
(d) See what he sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
2. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
3. Where does the ghost plan to make a weekly appearance?
4. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
5. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)