Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
(a) 7:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
2. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) An old book.
(b) A small casket.
(c) A vial of blood.
(d) A dagger.
3. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
(a) A scream.
(c) Strange music.
(d) A loud crash.
4. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
5. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
6. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
(a) The library window.
(b) The fireplace mantle.
(c) The family Bible.
(d) The staircase banister.
7. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Headless Earl.
(b) Screeching Sam.
(c) Lunatic Edward.
(d) Blind Benny.
8. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(c) The twins.
(d) Mr. Otis.
9. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
(a) Interpret what it means.
(b) Weep for his sins.
(c) Listen to his story.
(d) Pray for him.
10. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
(a) Seduced her.
(b) Entertained her.
(c) Made her forget the time.
(d) Kidnapped her.
11. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
(a) Digging his own grave.
(b) Trying to vanquish the ghost.
(c) Playing cards with the ghost.
12. What does someone say on September 19th that scares the ghost?
13. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was a bad cook.
(b) She was a bad wife.
(c) She was unfaithful.
(d) She was plain.
14. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) The ghost.
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(c) A different ghost.
15. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
(b) A history.
(c) A promise.
(d) A treasure map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
2. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
3. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
4. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
5. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)