|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) The twins.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
2. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
3. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is amused by him.
(b) She is sorry for him.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is annoyed by him.
4. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
(b) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(c) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(d) Every Tuesday.
5. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
6. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Mr. Otis.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
7. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
8. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A tincture.
(c) Some wine.
9. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
(a) Virginia's paints.
(b) Shoe dye.
(c) Chicken blood.
10. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(b) Ask the twins to stay home.
(c) Lock the library.
(d) Take back her paints.
11. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
(a) Listen to his story.
(b) Weep for his sins.
(c) Interpret what it means.
(d) Pray for him.
12. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) To calm his stomache.
(b) To diguise himself.
(c) To heal his bruises.
(d) To quiet his chains.
13. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The attic.
(b) The storage room.
(c) The linen closet.
(d) The sewing room.
14. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
(a) Maintaining the blood stain.
(b) Clanging his chains.
(d) Plotting out his revenge.
15. What is the Duke's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
2. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
3. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
4. What sound is heard after Virginia leaves with the ghost?
5. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)