|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(c) The twins.
2. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Lunatic Edward.
(b) Screeching Sam.
(c) Blind Benny.
(d) Headless Earl.
3. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is angry with him.
(b) She is sorry for him.
(c) She is annoyed by him.
(d) She is amused by him.
4. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) A different ghost.
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(c) The ghost.
5. What sound is heard after Virginia leaves with the ghost?
(a) A chime.
(b) A scream.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A bell.
6. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
7. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
(a) A fever.
(b) A bruise.
(c) A cold.
(d) A migraine.
8. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
(b) Migrant Farmers.
9. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) To calm his stomache.
(b) To diguise himself.
(c) To heal his bruises.
(d) To quiet his chains.
10. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 5:00 pm.
11. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) The attic.
(c) The sewing room.
(d) The storage room.
12. How does the ghost feel about Virginia?
(a) She is young and naive.
(b) She is nicer than her family.
(c) She is frail and ugly.
(d) She is pretty and sweet.
13. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
(a) The Resting Place.
(b) The Garden of Peace.
(c) The Garden of Death.
(d) The Place of Death.
14. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Search all night.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Contact the authorities.
(d) Hold a prayer.
15. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(b) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
(c) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(d) Every Tuesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
2. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
3. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
4. What does the ghost step in on the stairs?
5. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)