|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
(a) A cold.
(b) A bruise.
(c) A fever.
(d) A migraine.
2. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
3. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
(a) The twins.
(c) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mr. Otis.
4. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
(a) Understand his past.
(b) Walk through a wall.
(c) See into the spirit world.
(d) See what he sees.
5. Who does Mr. Otis take with him to look for Virginia?
(a) The twins.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
(d) The Duke.
6. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
7. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
(a) A jug of water.
(b) A box of books.
(c) A rake.
(d) A bag of old tomatoes.
8. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They don't talk about it.
(b) They do not fear it.
(c) They keep cleaning it.
(d) They do not want it.
9. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
10. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) Tea time.
(b) The jump back in time.
(c) A call from Mr. Otis.
(d) Virginia's death.
11. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
(a) Jack the Heartless.
(b) John the Fearless.
(c) James the Soulless.
(d) Jonas the Graveless.
12. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Screeching Sam.
(b) Lunatic Edward.
(c) Blind Benny.
(d) Headless Earl.
13. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is dragged.
(b) It is searched.
(c) It is surrounded.
(d) It is drained.
14. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) The ice box.
(b) A liquor cabinet.
(c) The toilet.
(d) The stove.
15. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ghost plan to make a weekly appearance?
2. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
3. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
4. What does the ghost say he does not have?
5. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)