|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
(a) Calls the authorities.
(b) Tracks them.
2. What does the ghost say he does not have?
3. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Mr. Otis.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
4. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
(a) A bag of old tomatoes.
(b) A rake.
(c) A box of books.
(d) A jug of water.
5. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is annoyed by him.
(b) She is amused by him.
(c) She is sorry for him.
(d) She is angry with him.
6. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(b) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
(c) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(d) Every Tuesday.
7. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
(a) Understand his past.
(b) See into the spirit world.
(c) See what he sees.
(d) Walk through a wall.
8. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
(a) He has moved.
(b) He will keep haunting them.
(c) He is in anguish.
(d) He is dead.
9. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 6 days.
10. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
(a) The Garden of Peace.
(b) The Garden of Death.
(c) The Resting Place.
(d) The Place of Death.
11. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
(b) Trying to vanquish the ghost.
(c) Playing cards with the ghost.
(d) Digging his own grave.
12. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
(a) Virginia may have fallen in.
(b) There are lots of hiding places there.
(c) Other victims have been found there.
(d) Virginia has been known to nap around there.
13. Who killed the ghost?
(a) His priest.
(b) His lover.
(c) His brothers-in-law.
(d) His father.
14. What does the ghost give Virginia before she returns?
(a) A promise.
(c) A history.
(d) A treasure map.
15. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Search all night.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Hold a prayer.
(d) Contact the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
2. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
3. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
4. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
5. How does the ghost tell Virginia he is feeling after she makes her threat?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)