|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Contact the authorities.
(b) Search all night.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Hold a prayer.
2. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
(a) He knows he is failing.
(b) His feelings are hurt.
(c) He is too scared.
(d) He wants them to think he left.
4. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
5. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The linen closet.
(b) The sewing room.
(c) The storage room.
(d) The attic.
6. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) The back stairs.
(b) The servant's entrance.
(c) The front entrance.
(d) The ladder.
7. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
8. What is the one thing the ghost has longed to do since he died?
9. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 150 years.
10. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is sorry for him.
(b) She is annoyed by him.
(c) She is amused by him.
(d) She is angry with him.
11. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) Virginia's death.
(b) A call from Mr. Otis.
(c) The jump back in time.
(d) Tea time.
12. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(b) Some wine.
(c) A tincture.
(d) A new hat.
13. What is the Duke's first name?
14. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
(a) He has moved.
(b) He will keep haunting them.
(c) He is in anguish.
(d) He is dead.
15. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) To heal his bruises.
(b) To diguise himself.
(c) To calm his stomache.
(d) To quiet his chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
2. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
3. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
4. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
5. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)