|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ghost using to maintain the blood stain?
(a) Chicken blood.
(c) Virginia's paints.
(d) Shoe dye.
2. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
(a) A bag of old tomatoes.
(b) A jug of water.
(c) A box of books.
(d) A rake.
3. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
(a) Trying to vanquish the ghost.
(c) Playing cards with the ghost.
(d) Digging his own grave.
4. What does someone say on September 19th that scares the ghost?
5. How long does the ghost stay in his room after his Friday plan fails?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 7 days.
6. What does Virginia usually bring to the dinner table?
(b) A friend.
(c) Fresh greens.
(d) A tablecloth.
7. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
(a) Entertained her.
(b) Kidnapped her.
(c) Made her forget the time.
(d) Seduced her.
8. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is annoyed by him.
(b) She is sorry for him.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is amused by him.
9. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
(a) She usually picks flowers at that time.
(b) She often skips tea.
(c) She is a capable girl.
(d) She said she was going on a long ride.
10. What does the ghost step in on the stairs?
11. What does the ghost ask Virginia to do for him after showing her the prophecy?
(a) Listen to his story.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Interpret what it means.
(d) Weep for his sins.
12. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
(a) Murdering Mike.
(b) Crazy Christopher.
(c) Reckless Rupert.
(d) Naughty Ned.
13. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) A liquor cabinet.
(b) The toilet.
(c) The stove.
(d) The ice box.
14. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) To heal his bruises.
(b) To quiet his chains.
(c) To calm his stomache.
(d) To diguise himself.
15. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) A call from Mr. Otis.
(b) Virginia's death.
(c) The jump back in time.
(d) Tea time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed the ghost?
2. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
3. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
4. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
5. How does the ghost feel about Virginia?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)