|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They don't talk about it.
(b) They keep cleaning it.
(c) They do not fear it.
(d) They do not want it.
2. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(c) Mr. Otis.
(d) The twins.
3. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
4. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
5. Where does the ghost hide when he gets scared on September 19th?
(a) The ice box.
(b) A liquor cabinet.
(c) The stove.
(d) The toilet.
6. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The storage room.
(b) The linen closet.
(c) The attic.
(d) The sewing room.
7. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
(a) The Garden of Death.
(b) The Resting Place.
(c) The Garden of Peace.
(d) The Place of Death.
8. Where does the ghost plan to make a weekly appearance?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The attic.
(d) The corridor.
9. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) The servant's entrance.
(b) The ladder.
(c) The back stairs.
(d) The front entrance.
10. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
(a) Seduced her.
(b) Entertained her.
(c) Made her forget the time.
(d) Kidnapped her.
11. What does the ghost say he does not have?
12. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is drained.
(b) It is surrounded.
(c) It is dragged.
(d) It is searched.
13. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
(a) Tracks them.
(d) Calls the authorities.
14. Who sets the traps for the ghost in the hall?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(c) The twins.
15. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
(b) The twins.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
(d) Mr. Otis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
2. What is the Duke's first name?
3. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
4. Why does Mr. Otis feel the way he does when Virginia is found?
5. What sound is heard after Virginia leaves with the ghost?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)