|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
(a) Murdering Mike.
(b) Naughty Ned.
(c) Crazy Christopher.
(d) Reckless Rupert.
2. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Lock the library.
(b) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(c) Take back her paints.
(d) Ask the twins to stay home.
3. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
4. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
5. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
(a) Maintaining the blood stain.
(c) Plotting out his revenge.
(d) Clanging his chains.
6. What does Mr. Otis have done to the pond?
(a) It is surrounded.
(b) It is searched.
(c) It is drained.
(d) It is dragged.
7. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) The jump back in time.
(b) Tea time.
(c) Virginia's death.
(d) A call from Mr. Otis.
8. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
(a) A loud crash.
(c) A scream.
(d) Strange music.
9. What kind of girl does the prophecy say has to help the ghost?
10. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(c) Mr. Otis.
(d) The twins.
11. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
(a) The fireplace mantle.
(b) The family Bible.
(c) The staircase banister.
(d) The library window.
12. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(b) A different ghost.
(c) The ghost.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
13. What does the ghost say he does not have?
14. Why does the ghost refuse to leave his room after getting scared on September 19th?
(a) His feelings are hurt.
(b) He knows he is failing.
(c) He is too scared.
(d) He wants them to think he left.
15. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Hold a prayer.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Contact the authorities.
(d) Search all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls on the ghost's head when he makes his entrance after being caught in the pranks?
2. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
3. How does Mr. Otis feel when Virginia is found?
4. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
5. Who blocks the ghost's path on the stairs when he gets scared on September 19th?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)