|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(b) The ghost.
(c) A different ghost.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
2. What does the ghost say the purpose of his existence is?
(a) To right his wrongs.
(b) To be scary.
(c) To rattle his chains and groan.
(d) To protect his legacy.
3. What does someone say on September 19th that scares the ghost?
4. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
5. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They do not want it.
(b) They don't talk about it.
(c) They keep cleaning it.
(d) They do not fear it.
6. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
7. What does the ghost trip on in the hall?
8. How does the ghost feel about Virginia?
(a) She is young and naive.
(b) She is pretty and sweet.
(c) She is nicer than her family.
(d) She is frail and ugly.
9. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Lock the library.
(b) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(c) Take back her paints.
(d) Ask the twins to stay home.
10. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) The servant's entrance.
(b) The front entrance.
(c) The ladder.
(d) The back stairs.
11. What does the family decide to do when they cannot find Virginia?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Contact the authorities.
(c) Hold a prayer.
(d) Search all night.
12. Who is sent to find Virginia when she is gone longer than expected?
(a) The twins.
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mr. Otis.
13. How did the ghost die?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was starved to death.
(d) He died of a venerial disease.
14. What is Virginia able to do when the ghost takes her hand?
(a) Walk through a wall.
(b) See what he sees.
(c) See into the spirit world.
(d) Understand his past.
15. When does the ghost plan to appear in the oriel window?
(a) Every Tuesday.
(b) The fourth Thursday and Friday of the month.
(c) The first and third Wednesday of the month.
(d) The second and fourth Saturday of the month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gypsies stay to look for Virginia?
2. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
3. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
4. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
5. What does the ghost say he does not have?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)