|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
(a) He will keep haunting them.
(b) He has moved.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in anguish.
2. Where is the first place outside of his property that Mr. Otis looks for Virginia?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) The railway station.
(c) The tavern.
(d) A gypsy village.
3. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) A different ghost.
(c) The ghost.
4. What does the ghost steal from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
(a) A tincture.
(b) A new hat.
(c) Some wine.
5. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
(b) Mr. Otis.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
(d) The twins.
6. What does the sound after Virginia leaves with the ghost signify?
(a) A call from Mr. Otis.
(b) Virginia's death.
(c) Tea time.
(d) The jump back in time.
7. Where does the ghost plan to make a weekly appearance?
(a) The corridor.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The attic.
8. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
9. What does the Duke call Virginia after she tells her story?
(a) A beauty.
(b) An American.
(c) An angel.
(d) A lover.
10. What does Mr. Otis do after seeing that the people he allowed to stay on his land have left?
(a) Calls the authorities.
(b) Tracks them.
11. What is Virginia doing when she rips her dress?
12. How does the ghost tell Virginia he is feeling after she makes her threat?
13. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
(a) John the Fearless.
(b) Jonas the Graveless.
(c) James the Soulless.
(d) Jack the Heartless.
14. What character does the ghost dress up as after he trips in the hall?
(a) Naughty Ned.
(b) Reckless Rupert.
(c) Crazy Christopher.
(d) Murdering Mike.
15. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A vial of blood.
(c) An old book.
(d) A small casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the ghost has longed to do since he died?
2. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
3. What does Mr. Otis think the people staying on his land have done with Virginia?
4. For what does the ghost use what he stole from Mr. Otis's bedroom?
5. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)