|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Deliver his message.
(b) Terrify someone.
(c) Scare people away.
(d) Anger the people he is haunting.
2. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(b) There is a hole in the roof.
(c) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(d) There might be a ghost.
3. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) Virginia's stain remover.
(b) A thunder clap.
(c) Mr. Otis's gun.
(d) The twins.
4. Who murdered the woman who caused the blood stain?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
5. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Hung himself.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Jumped out a window.
6. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Lubricates his chains.
(b) Fixes the window.
(c) Plots his revenge.
(d) Paints a picture.
7. What is found in the library after the storm?
(a) A dead crow.
(b) The blood stain.
(c) A death certificate.
(d) A new picture.
8. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
(a) Throw pillows again.
(b) Laugh at his pain.
(c) Get their pea shooters.
(d) Shoot rubber bands at him.
9. Who did the blood belong do?
(a) Ellen Cambridge.
(b) Eva Canterbury.
(c) Emma Canterville.
(d) Eleanor Canterville.
10. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
(a) It is rude.
(b) It is funny.
(c) It is a natural reaction.
(d) It is unneccessary.
11. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
12. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) Historical background.
(c) The ghost.
(d) A reputation.
13. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A guillotine.
(d) A pistol.
14. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Rips it to shreds.
(d) Throws it out the window.
15. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the storm last?
2. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
3. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
4. What happens during the storm?
5. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)