|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
(c) Mrs. Otis.
2. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
3. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Lubricates his chains.
(b) Fixes the window.
(c) Plots his revenge.
(d) Paints a picture.
4. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
5. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
6. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(b) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(c) There is a hole in the roof.
(d) There might be a ghost.
7. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is small and old.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is far from town.
8. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Having fits.
(c) Running out of the house.
(d) Falling down stairs.
9. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
(a) It is rude.
(b) It is unneccessary.
(c) It is funny.
(d) It is a natural reaction.
10. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Good looking with good health.
(b) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(c) Good natured and sweet.
(d) Small and sickly.
11. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Angry Angus.
(b) Bawdy Brian.
(c) Raging Reginold.
(d) Dumb Daniel.
12. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
13. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He twists his shoulder.
(b) He bruises his knees.
(c) He cuts his leg.
(d) He sprains his ankle.
14. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some window tape.
(c) A cup of water.
(d) A bottle of lubricator.
15. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A clammy hand.
(b) A live snake.
(c) His wife's heart.
(d) His pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
2. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
5. Where is Mr. Otis from?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)