|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Outside his bedroom.
(c) In the tub.
(d) In the library.
2. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) Two skeleton hands.
(c) A ghost in chains.
(d) A strange reflection.
3. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
4. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
5. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The hall.
(c) The library.
(d) The kitchen.
6. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He did not introduce himself.
(b) He did not accept the lubricant.
(c) He left very rudely.
(d) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
7. Who does the item that crashed in the hall belong to?
(a) The ghost's wife.
(b) Mr. Otis.
(c) Lord Canterville.
(d) The ghost.
8. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Scratches on wood.
(c) Maniacal laughing.
(d) Clanging metal.
9. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
(a) Laugh at his pain.
(b) Shoot rubber bands at him.
(c) Throw pillows again.
(d) Get their pea shooters.
10. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
11. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Earl of Westmore.
(b) The Duke of Cheshire.
(c) The Earl of Eastlake.
(d) The Duke of Edrington.
12. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Reads a book.
13. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
(a) Replace them with new ones.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Lubricate them himself.
(d) Take them away.
14. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
15. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Fix the broken window.
(b) Not wake his wife.
(c) Remain in the attic until morning.
(d) Use lubricator on his chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
3. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
4. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)