|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
(c) Well behaved.
2. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
(d) Mrs. Umney.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Falling down stairs.
(b) Running out of the house.
(d) Having fits.
4. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) A ghost in chains.
(c) Two skeleton hands.
(d) A strange reflection.
5. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Lock the library.
(b) Keep the ghost busy.
(c) Put a rug over the stain.
(d) Clean the stain.
6. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(d) A pillow.
7. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Reads a book.
8. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His children.
(b) His friends.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
9. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is far from town.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is small and old.
10. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
11. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
12. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
13. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a walk.
(b) They hire a new housekeeper.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They go for a drive.
14. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
15. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She knows he will like the taste.
(b) She knows it will make him quieter.
(c) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(d) She thinks he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
2. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
3. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
4. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
5. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)