|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
2. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A guillotine.
3. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) The ghost.
(c) A reputation.
(d) Historical background.
4. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(a) Walking through her garden.
(b) Reciting a poem.
(d) Horse racing.
5. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
6. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(b) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(c) There is a hole in the roof.
(d) There might be a ghost.
7. How long does the storm last?
(a) 1 week.
(b) All night.
(c) A few hours.
(d) 2 days.
8. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Terrify someone.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Scare people away.
(d) Deliver his message.
9. What are the names of the Otis twins?
(a) Liberty and Justice.
(b) Stars and Stripes.
(c) Freedom and Liberty.
(d) George and Washington.
10. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Canterbury Castle.
(b) Cranburshire Cove.
(c) Castlewood Cross.
(d) Canterville Chase.
11. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The attic.
(b) The library.
(c) The old elevator shaft.
(d) His room.
12. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
13. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
14. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Put a rug over the stain.
(b) Lock the library.
(c) Keep the ghost busy.
(d) Clean the stain.
15. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
2. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
3. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
4. Who does the item that crashed in the hall belong to?
5. Where is Mr. Otis from?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)