Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
2. What is found in the library after the storm?
(a) A new picture.
(b) A dead crow.
(c) The blood stain.
(d) A death certificate.
3. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
4. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It is small and old.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is far from town.
5. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
(a) It is rude.
(b) It is funny.
(c) It is unneccessary.
(d) It is a natural reaction.
6. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
7. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
8. How long does the storm last?
(a) All night.
(b) 1 week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) 2 days.
9. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Falling down stairs.
(c) Having fits.
(d) Running out of the house.
10. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Wear his suit of armor.
(b) Find some more dye.
(c) Load his pistol.
(d) Make a loud crash.
11. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
12. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
13. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
14. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
15. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
3. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
4. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
5. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)