|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
(a) It is funny.
(b) It is unneccessary.
(c) It is rude.
(d) It is a natural reaction.
2. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Remain in the attic until morning.
(b) Use lubricator on his chains.
(c) Not wake his wife.
(d) Fix the broken window.
3. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Laugh menacingly.
(b) Change his shape.
(c) Stab himself 3 times.
(d) Sing a song.
4. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
5. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It cannot be removed.
(b) It never lightens up.
(c) It is a strange color.
(d) It gets bigger and smaller.
6. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
(a) A black bear.
(b) A black dog.
(c) A black spider.
(d) A black snake.
7. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A large box.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A chest of drawers.
8. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Angry Angus.
(b) Raging Reginold.
(c) Dumb Daniel.
(d) Bawdy Brian.
9. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is lubricating his chains.
(b) He is working on his plan.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is practicing other forms.
10. What is found in the library after the storm?
(a) A death certificate.
(b) A dead crow.
(c) The blood stain.
(d) A new picture.
11. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He twists his shoulder.
(b) He sprains his ankle.
(c) He bruises his knees.
(d) He cuts his leg.
12. What are the names of the Otis twins?
(a) Liberty and Justice.
(b) Stars and Stripes.
(c) George and Washington.
(d) Freedom and Liberty.
13. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(b) She knows he will like the taste.
(c) She knows it will make him quieter.
(d) She thinks he is sick.
14. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Duke of Edrington.
(b) The Duke of Cheshire.
(c) The Earl of Westmore.
(d) The Earl of Eastlake.
15. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
4. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
5. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)