|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
2. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
3. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) 10:00 pm.
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 pm.
(d) 9:00 pm.
4. Who did the blood belong do?
(a) Eleanor Canterville.
(b) Ellen Cambridge.
(c) Emma Canterville.
(d) Eva Canterbury.
5. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Anger the people he is haunting.
(b) Scare people away.
(c) Terrify someone.
(d) Deliver his message.
6. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a drive.
(b) They hire a new housekeeper.
(c) They go for a walk.
(d) They go to church.
7. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is working on his plan.
(b) He is practicing other forms.
(c) He is lubricating his chains.
(d) He is sick.
8. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
9. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(b) Historical background.
(c) A reputation.
(d) The ghost.
10. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(c) His parents.
(d) His friends.
11. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A large feast.
(b) A light supper.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) Bread and wine.
12. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
13. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(b) There is a hole in the roof.
(c) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(d) There might be a ghost.
14. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(a) Reads a book.
(d) Goes to sleep.
15. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
2. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
3. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
4. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
5. What is found in the library after the storm?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)