|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
2. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Take them away.
(c) Replace them with new ones.
(d) Lubricate them himself.
3. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
4. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(b) Mrs. Otis.
5. What happens during the storm?
(a) A window breaks.
(b) The attic floods.
(c) The power goes out.
6. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is working on his plan.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is lubricating his chains.
(d) He is practicing other forms.
7. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Earl of Westmore.
(b) The Earl of Eastlake.
(c) The Duke of Edrington.
(d) The Duke of Cheshire.
8. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They go for a walk.
(d) They go for a drive.
9. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
(d) Well behaved.
10. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(b) Clanging metal.
(c) Maniacal laughing.
(d) Scratches on wood.
11. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
(a) Shoot rubber bands at him.
(b) Laugh at his pain.
(c) Throw pillows again.
(d) Get their pea shooters.
12. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) Mrs. Umney.
13. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Wear his suit of armor.
(b) Make a loud crash.
(c) Load his pistol.
(d) Find some more dye.
14. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Dumb Daniel.
(b) Raging Reginold.
(c) Bawdy Brian.
(d) Angry Angus.
15. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 350 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 300 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
2. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
3. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
4. What are the names of the Otis twins?
5. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)