|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It gets bigger and smaller.
(b) It is a strange color.
(c) It never lightens up.
(d) It cannot be removed.
2. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A guillotine.
(d) A pistol.
3. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
4. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Make a loud crash.
(b) Find some more dye.
(c) Load his pistol.
(d) Wear his suit of armor.
5. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
6. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the tub.
(c) Outside his bedroom.
(d) In the library.
7. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(b) Hunting competitions.
(d) Wrestling matches.
8. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a walk.
(b) They go for a drive.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They hire a new housekeeper.
9. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
10. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Goes to sleep.
11. Where is Mr. Otis from?
12. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Lubricate them himself.
(c) Take them away.
(d) Replace them with new ones.
13. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Terrify someone.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Deliver his message.
(d) Scare people away.
14. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
15. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost consider himself?
2. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
3. Who did the blood belong do?
4. What is found in the library after the storm?
5. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)