|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(b) A pillow.
2. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
3. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
4. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
5. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It never lightens up.
(b) It gets bigger and smaller.
(c) It is a strange color.
(d) It cannot be removed.
6. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Reads a book.
7. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
(b) He left very rudely.
(c) He did not accept the lubricant.
(d) He did not introduce himself.
8. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(a) Walking through her garden.
(c) Reciting a poem.
(d) Horse racing.
9. What happens to the sky as the Otises approach their new house?
(a) It is filled with billowing clouds.
(b) It brightens up.
(c) It becomes dark.
(d) It pours rain in one spot.
10. Who did the blood belong do?
(a) Ellen Cambridge.
(b) Eva Canterbury.
(c) Eleanor Canterville.
(d) Emma Canterville.
11. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A clammy hand.
(b) A live snake.
(c) His wife's heart.
(d) His pistol.
12. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a walk.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They hire a new housekeeper.
(d) They go for a drive.
13. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(b) She knows it will make him quieter.
(c) She thinks he is sick.
(d) She knows he will like the taste.
14. Where does the ghost go after being frightened while trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The old elevator shaft.
(b) His room.
(c) The attic.
(d) The library.
15. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Canterbury Castle.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Cranburshire Cove.
(d) Castlewood Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
2. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
3. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
4. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
5. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)