|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(a) A pillow.
2. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A guillotine.
3. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
4. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(c) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
5. What are the names of the Otis twins?
(a) George and Washington.
(b) Stars and Stripes.
(c) Freedom and Liberty.
(d) Liberty and Justice.
6. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
7. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Lubricates his chains.
(b) Plots his revenge.
(c) Fixes the window.
(d) Paints a picture.
8. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) A strange reflection.
(b) The hoot of an owl.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) The sight of Mr. Otis.
9. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
10. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
11. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It cannot be removed.
(b) It gets bigger and smaller.
(c) It is a strange color.
(d) It never lightens up.
12. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A picture frame.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) A large box.
(d) A chest of drawers.
13. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) Two skeleton hands.
(c) A strange reflection.
(d) A ghost in chains.
14. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He did not accept the lubricant.
(b) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
(c) He left very rudely.
(d) He did not introduce himself.
15. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Fix the broken window.
(b) Not wake his wife.
(c) Remain in the attic until morning.
(d) Use lubricator on his chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
2. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
3. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
4. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)