|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
2. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A sword.
3. Where is Mr. Otis from?
4. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The library.
(d) The hall.
5. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the attic.
(c) Outside his bedroom.
(d) In the tub.
6. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Clean the stain.
(b) Lock the library.
(c) Put a rug over the stain.
(d) Keep the ghost busy.
7. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(a) Reciting a poem.
(c) Walking through her garden.
(d) Horse racing.
8. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) There is a hole in the roof.
(b) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(c) There might be a ghost.
(d) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
9. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Goes to sleep.
10. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a drive.
(b) They go for a walk.
(c) They hire a new housekeeper.
(d) They go to church.
11. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(b) Wrestling matches.
(c) Hunting competitions.
12. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
13. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
14. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Castlewood Cross.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Canterbury Castle.
(d) Cranburshire Cove.
15. How long does the storm last?
(a) A few hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) All night.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
2. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
3. What happens during the storm?
4. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)