|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 250 years.
2. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
(a) A black spider.
(b) A black dog.
(c) A black snake.
(d) A black bear.
3. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The hall.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The dining room.
4. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He vanishes through a wall.
(c) He sinks through the floor.
(d) He floats through the ceiling.
5. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
6. How long does the storm last?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) All night.
7. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
8. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The storm.
(d) The bloodstain.
9. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) There is a hole in the roof.
(b) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(c) There might be a ghost.
(d) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
10. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It never lightens up.
(b) It is a strange color.
(c) It gets bigger and smaller.
(d) It cannot be removed.
11. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 pm.
(d) 9:00 pm.
12. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He twists his shoulder.
(b) He cuts his leg.
(c) He sprains his ankle.
(d) He bruises his knees.
13. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A large feast.
(b) A light supper.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) Bread and wine.
14. Who does the item that crashed in the hall belong to?
(a) The ghost's wife.
(b) Mr. Otis.
(c) Lord Canterville.
(d) The ghost.
15. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the tub.
(b) Outside his bedroom.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
2. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
4. Who did the blood belong do?
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)