|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ghost sleep?
(a) The library.
(b) An old elevator shaft.
(c) A secret room.
(d) The attic.
2. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(a) Hunting competitions.
(c) Wrestling matches.
3. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) Mr. Otis's gun.
(b) Virginia's stain remover.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) The twins.
4. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
5. Who did the blood belong do?
(a) Eleanor Canterville.
(b) Eva Canterbury.
(c) Emma Canterville.
(d) Ellen Cambridge.
6. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Scratches on wood.
(b) Clanging metal.
(c) Maniacal laughing.
7. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cranburshire Cove.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Castlewood Cross.
(d) Canterbury Castle.
8. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
9. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A chest of drawers.
(b) A large box.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) A picture frame.
10. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The library.
(b) The hall.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) There is a hole in the roof.
(b) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(c) There might be a ghost.
(d) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
12. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Fix the broken window.
(b) Remain in the attic until morning.
(c) Not wake his wife.
(d) Use lubricator on his chains.
13. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) The sunset.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The bloodstain.
(d) The storm.
14. Who murdered the woman who caused the blood stain?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
15. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
(b) A large feast.
(c) A light supper.
(d) Bread and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
2. What happens during the storm?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
4. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
5. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)