|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the Otis twins?
(a) Liberty and Justice.
(b) Stars and Stripes.
(c) George and Washington.
(d) Freedom and Liberty.
2. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A clammy hand.
(b) His wife's heart.
(c) His pistol.
(d) A live snake.
3. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Stab himself 3 times.
(c) Laugh menacingly.
(d) Change his shape.
4. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
5. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Jumped out a window.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Hung himself.
6. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
(a) A black dog.
(b) A black spider.
(c) A black snake.
(d) A black bear.
7. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
8. What is found in the library after the storm?
(a) A dead crow.
(b) The blood stain.
(c) A new picture.
(d) A death certificate.
9. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
10. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
11. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) A reputation.
(b) The ghost.
(c) Historical background.
12. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(a) Reads a book.
(c) Goes to sleep.
13. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) The twins.
(b) Virginia's stain remover.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) Mr. Otis's gun.
14. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) Mrs. Umney.
15. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Make a loud crash.
(b) Wear his suit of armor.
(c) Find some more dye.
(d) Load his pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
2. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
3. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
4. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
5. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)