|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Rips it to shreds.
2. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the tub.
(d) Outside his bedroom.
3. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is small and old.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is far from town.
4. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(b) Historical background.
(c) A reputation.
(d) The ghost.
5. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It is a strange color.
(b) It never lightens up.
(c) It gets bigger and smaller.
(d) It cannot be removed.
6. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(a) A pillow.
7. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
8. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
9. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Remain in the attic until morning.
(b) Use lubricator on his chains.
(c) Not wake his wife.
(d) Fix the broken window.
10. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The hall.
(c) The library.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
12. Where is Mr. Otis from?
13. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) Virginia's stain remover.
(b) A thunder clap.
(c) Mr. Otis's gun.
(d) The twins.
14. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Jumped out a window.
(b) Hung himself.
(c) Shot himself.
(d) Slit his wrists.
15. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a walk.
(b) They hire a new housekeeper.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They go for a drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
2. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
3. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
4. Who did the blood belong do?
5. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)