|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A light supper.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(c) Bread and wine.
(d) A large feast.
2. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Maniacal laughing.
(b) Clanging metal.
(d) Scratches on wood.
3. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) 12:30 am.
(b) 1:30 am.
(d) 1:00 am.
4. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
(a) Get their pea shooters.
(b) Shoot rubber bands at him.
(c) Laugh at his pain.
(d) Throw pillows again.
5. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He bruises his knees.
(b) He sprains his ankle.
(c) He twists his shoulder.
(d) He cuts his leg.
6. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He floats through the ceiling.
(b) He sinks through the floor.
(c) He vanishes through a wall.
(d) He disappears.
7. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) A thunder clap.
(b) The twins.
(c) Virginia's stain remover.
(d) Mr. Otis's gun.
8. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
9. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
10. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 250 years.
11. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is far from town.
(b) It is haunted.
(c) It is small and old.
(d) It is too expensive.
12. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
13. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
14. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Paints a picture.
(b) Fixes the window.
(c) Lubricates his chains.
(d) Plots his revenge.
15. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
2. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
3. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
4. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
5. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)