|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
(b) Mrs. Otis.
2. For how many days does the strange thing in the library reappear?
3. What strange color does the blood stain appear to be one day?
4. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Not wake his wife.
(b) Fix the broken window.
(c) Remain in the attic until morning.
(d) Use lubricator on his chains.
5. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
(a) Well behaved.
6. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
7. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Duke of Edrington.
(b) The Duke of Cheshire.
(c) The Earl of Westmore.
(d) The Earl of Eastlake.
8. What is Mr. Otis's daughter good at doing?
9. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Clanging metal.
(c) Maniacal laughing.
(d) Scratches on wood.
10. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a drive.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They hire a new housekeeper.
(d) They go for a walk.
11. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A sword.
(b) A guillotine.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A pistol.
12. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He cuts his leg.
(b) He bruises his knees.
(c) He twists his shoulder.
(d) He sprains his ankle.
13. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
14. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) Outside his bedroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the tub.
15. Where is Mr. Otis from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
2. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
3. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
4. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
5. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)