|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It cannot be removed.
(b) It never lightens up.
(c) It is a strange color.
(d) It gets bigger and smaller.
2. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(b) A pillow.
3. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
4. What does Mr. Otis say about the twins throwing pillows at the ghost?
(a) It is a natural reaction.
(b) It is unneccessary.
(c) It is funny.
(d) It is rude.
5. What happens during the storm?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) A window breaks.
(d) The attic floods.
6. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(b) Hunting competitions.
(c) Wrestling matches.
7. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A light supper.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(c) Bread and wine.
(d) A large feast.
8. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
(a) A clammy hand.
(b) A live snake.
(c) His wife's heart.
(d) His pistol.
9. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is practicing other forms.
(c) He is lubricating his chains.
(d) He is working on his plan.
10. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Dumb Daniel.
(b) Raging Reginold.
(c) Angry Angus.
(d) Bawdy Brian.
11. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(c) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
12. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 350 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 300 years.
13. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go for a drive.
(c) They go for a walk.
(d) They go to church.
14. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) Find some more dye.
(b) Wear his suit of armor.
(c) Load his pistol.
(d) Make a loud crash.
15. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
(a) He floats through the ceiling.
(b) He sinks through the floor.
(c) He vanishes through a wall.
(d) He disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week is the Otis family startled by a large crash in the hall?
2. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
3. What does the ghost consider himself?
4. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
5. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)