|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) Cheese and crackers.
(b) A large feast.
(c) A light supper.
(d) Bread and wine.
2. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Remain in the attic until morning.
(b) Use lubricator on his chains.
(c) Not wake his wife.
(d) Fix the broken window.
3. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He twists his shoulder.
(b) He sprains his ankle.
(c) He bruises his knees.
(d) He cuts his leg.
4. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(d) Mrs. Umney.
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
6. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A guillotine.
(d) A pistol.
7. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Raging Reginold.
(b) Angry Angus.
(c) Bawdy Brian.
(d) Dumb Daniel.
8. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Deliver his message.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Scare people away.
(d) Terrify someone.
9. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
10. What was the occupation of the person who was most afraid after seeing the ghost?
11. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
12. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Falling down stairs.
(c) Having fits.
(d) Running out of the house.
13. Where is Mr. Otis from?
14. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go for a drive.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They go for a walk.
15. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is small and old.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is far from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
2. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
3. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
4. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
5. What happens to the sky as the Otises approach their new house?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)