|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
(a) Dumb Daniel.
(b) Raging Reginold.
(c) Bawdy Brian.
(d) Angry Angus.
2. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cranburshire Cove.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Canterbury Castle.
(d) Castlewood Cross.
4. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
(a) A black spider.
(b) A black bear.
(c) A black dog.
(d) A black snake.
5. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She knows it will make him quieter.
(b) She thinks he is sick.
(c) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(d) She knows he will like the taste.
6. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A chest of drawers.
(b) A large box.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) A picture frame.
7. What does Mr. Otis say he will welcome to his new house?
(a) The ghost.
(b) Historical background.
(d) A reputation.
8. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
9. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) A strange reflection.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) A ghost in chains.
(d) Two skeleton hands.
10. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
11. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is working on his plan.
(b) He is practicing other forms.
(c) He is lubricating his chains.
(d) He is sick.
12. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
13. What happens during the storm?
(b) The attic floods.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) A window breaks.
14. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(b) Mrs. Otis.
15. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A large feast.
(b) A light supper.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) Bread and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the twins do when they see the ghost sitting injured in a chair?
2. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
3. What kind of flooring is in the hall where the crash happened?
4. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
5. How long does the storm last?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)