Short Essay Questions Key
1. What are the names of the Otis children? What does this signify?
2. When does Lord Canterville say the ghost appears? What is Mr. Otis's response to this?
3. What does the oldest Otis son say when he is told the bloodstain cannot be cleaned?
4. What happens when Virginia Otis wins a horse race?
5. What happens as the Otises drive up to their new house at the beginning of the book?
6. Where does the bloodstain in the library come from?
7. What happened to the man who caused the bloodstain in the library?
8. What causes Mrs. Umney to faint?
9. What does Mrs. Umney say when she wakes from her faint?
10. What do the Otises all respond to what Mrs. Umney says when she wakes up from her faint?
11. What does Mrs. Otis do after admitting that the ghost is real?
12. What does Washington do after admitting that the ghost is real?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)