|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She was a bad cook.
(c) She was plain.
(d) She was a bad wife.
2. What is the one thing the ghost has longed to do since he died?
3. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
4. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
5. Why was one person not happy for Virginia when she got married?
(a) She thought the Earl loved her.
(b) She wanted the Duke for herself.
(c) She wanted Cecil to marry one of her daughters.
(d) She was a jealous woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
2. What does the ghost step in on the stairs?
3. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
4. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
5. Why does Mr. Otis do what he does to the pond?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)