|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the ghost die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He was starved to death.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He died of a venerial disease.
2. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She knows he will like the taste.
(b) She knows it will make him quieter.
(c) She thinks he is sick.
(d) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go for a drive.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They go for a walk.
4. What do the servants in the funeral procession hold?
5. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
(a) A picture frame.
(b) A large box.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) A chest of drawers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
2. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
3. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
4. What time is Virginia's absence noticed?
5. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)