|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard after Virginia leaves with the ghost?
(a) A scream.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A bell.
(d) A chime.
2. How does Virginia say she feels about the ghost when she rips her dress?
(a) She is angry with him.
(b) She is amused by him.
(c) She is annoyed by him.
(d) She is sorry for him.
3. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A fever.
(c) A cold.
(d) A migraine.
4. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
(a) The library window.
(b) The staircase banister.
(c) The family Bible.
(d) The fireplace mantle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
2. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
3. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
4. What time does the Otis family return to their house after leaving when they come to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
5. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)