|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the ghost die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was starved to death.
(d) He died of a venerial disease.
2. Where does Mrs. Otis find a bloodstain in her new house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The library.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The hall.
3. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Shot himself.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Hung himself.
(d) Jumped out a window.
4. What do the twins do when something falls on the ghost's head?
5. Who sets the traps for the ghost on the stairs?
(a) Mrs. Otis.
(b) The twins.
(c) Mr. Otis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
2. Which of the following is NOT a sound heard before Virginia reappears?
3. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
4. What news does Virginia bring about the ghost when she is found?
5. Who is most upset by Virginia's disappearance?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)