|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Terrify someone.
(b) Deliver his message.
(c) Scare people away.
(d) Anger the people he is haunting.
2. Who gets upset about the reappearing blood stain?
(b) Mrs. Umney.
(d) Mrs. Otis.
3. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
(a) The Garden of Death.
(b) The Place of Death.
(c) The Garden of Peace.
(d) The Resting Place.
4. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(b) There is a hole in the roof.
(c) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(d) There might be a ghost.
5. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Change his shape.
(b) Laugh menacingly.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Stab himself 3 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the ghost die?
2. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
3. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
4. Which of the following animals do the Otises NOT see as they drive to their new house?
5. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)