|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
(a) A cup of water.
(b) A bottle of lubricator.
(c) A pillow.
(d) Some window tape.
2. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Small and sickly.
(b) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(c) Good natured and sweet.
(d) Good looking with good health.
3. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
(a) The sewing room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The storage room.
(d) The linen closet.
4. Which of the following is NOT a nickname the ghost has been given in the past?
(a) The Blood Sucker of Bexley Moore.
(b) Maroon Marauder.
(c) Red Reubon.
(d) Gaunt Gibeon.
5. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(a) Scratches on wood.
(b) Clanging metal.
(d) Maniacal laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
2. What is the place called where the ghost can get his final rest?
3. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
4. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
5. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)