|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Virginia get to the place where she plans to fix her dress?
(a) The servant's entrance.
(b) The front entrance.
(c) The ladder.
(d) The back stairs.
2. How long has the ghost been dead?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 350 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 250 years.
3. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
4. What does Virginia threaten to do when the ghost is rude to her?
(a) Take back her paints.
(b) Ask the twins to stay home.
(c) Get a priest to exorcise the ghost.
(d) Lock the library.
5. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A light supper.
(b) Bread and wine.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) A large feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
2. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
3. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
4. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
5. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)