|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
(a) They do not fear it.
(b) They keep cleaning it.
(c) They do not want it.
(d) They don't talk about it.
2. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) A thunder clap.
(b) The hoot of an owl.
(c) A strange reflection.
(d) The sight of Mr. Otis.
3. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(a) Walking through her garden.
(c) Reciting a poem.
(d) Horse racing.
4. What was the Duke's Great Uncle said to be doing when he died?
(a) Playing cards with the ghost.
(c) Trying to vanquish the ghost.
(d) Digging his own grave.
5. Where does the ghost sleep?
(a) A secret room.
(b) An old elevator shaft.
(c) The library.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe how the ghost looks?
2. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
3. Why does the ghost say he killed his wife?
4. Who does Virginia find in the place where she plans to fix her dress?
5. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)