|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost turn into to frighten Mrs. Otis?
(a) A black spider.
(b) A black snake.
(c) A black dog.
(d) A black bear.
2. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
3. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(a) Wrestling matches.
(b) Hunting competitions.
4. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(b) There is a hole in the roof.
(c) There might be a ghost.
(d) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
5. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It is haunted.
(c) It is small and old.
(d) It is far from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
2. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
3. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
4. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's only daughter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)