|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a nickname the ghost has been given in the past?
(a) Gaunt Gibeon.
(b) Maroon Marauder.
(c) The Blood Sucker of Bexley Moore.
(d) Red Reubon.
2. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She thinks he is sick.
(b) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(c) She knows he will like the taste.
(d) She knows it will make him quieter.
3. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A sword.
(d) A guillotine.
4. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Stab himself 3 times.
(b) Change his shape.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Laugh menacingly.
5. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(c) His friends.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
2. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
4. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
5. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)