|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the twins throw at the ghost the first time they see him?
(a) A pillow.
2. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He did not accept the lubricant.
(b) He did not introduce himself.
(c) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
(d) He left very rudely.
3. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Good natured and sweet.
(b) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(c) Good looking with good health.
(d) Small and sickly.
4. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is far from town.
(d) It is small and old.
5. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(b) She knows it will make him quieter.
(c) She knows he will like the taste.
(d) She thinks he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
2. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
3. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
4. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
5. What does the ghost consider himself?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)