|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) A large feast.
(b) Bread and wine.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) A light supper.
2. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(b) Horse racing.
(c) Walking through her garden.
(d) Reciting a poem.
3. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
(a) Well behaved.
4. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Goes to sleep.
5. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Two skeleton hands.
(b) A strange reflection.
(c) Rivers of blood.
(d) A ghost in chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
2. How does the ghost feel after his first conversation with Mr. Otis?
3. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
4. What does Mr. Otis say he will do if the chains wake him up again?
5. Who murdered the woman who caused the blood stain?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)