|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) A strange reflection.
(b) A ghost in chains.
(c) Two skeleton hands.
(d) Rivers of blood.
2. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Duke of Cheshire.
(b) The Earl of Westmore.
(c) The Earl of Eastlake.
(d) The Duke of Edrington.
3. Where does Mr. Otis first see the ghost?
(a) In the library.
(b) Outside his bedroom.
(c) In the tub.
(d) In the attic.
4. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
5. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(b) Goes to sleep.
(d) Reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
2. What item does Mr. Otis give the ghost the first time he sees him?
3. What is the ghost trying to do when the crash in the hall happened?
4. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
5. Where does the ghost sleep?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)