|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is far from town.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is small and old.
2. Who finds the strange thing in the library after the storm?
(a) Mrs. Umney.
(c) Mrs. Otis.
3. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
(a) Walking through her garden.
(b) Horse racing.
(d) Reciting a poem.
4. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
5. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Keep the ghost busy.
(b) Clean the stain.
(c) Lock the library.
(d) Put a rug over the stain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the blood belong do?
2. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
3. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
4. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
5. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)