|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
(a) He did not accept the lubricant.
(b) He did not come to breakfast as invited.
(c) He left very rudely.
(d) He did not introduce himself.
2. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She knows it will make him quieter.
(b) She thinks he is sick.
(c) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(d) She knows he will like the taste.
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Castlewood Cross.
(b) Canterbury Castle.
(c) Canterville Chase.
(d) Cranburshire Cove.
4. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It cannot be removed.
(b) It gets bigger and smaller.
(c) It is a strange color.
(d) It never lightens up.
5. What scares the ghost when he is trying to scare Mrs. Otis?
(a) A thunder clap.
(b) The twins.
(c) Mr. Otis's gun.
(d) Virginia's stain remover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
2. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
3. What kind of weapon does the Ghost include in his Friday ensemble?
4. What happens during the storm?
5. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)