|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost plan to do in front of Washington on Friday?
(a) Laugh menacingly.
(b) Change his shape.
(c) Stab himself 3 times.
(d) Sing a song.
2. What do the Otises do to try and keep the blood stain from reappearing?
(a) Put a rug over the stain.
(b) Lock the library.
(c) Clean the stain.
(d) Keep the ghost busy.
3. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Rips it to shreds.
(d) Throws it out the window.
4. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
(a) She knows it will make him quieter.
(b) She thinks he is sick.
(c) She read that he liked it when he was alive.
(d) She knows he will like the taste.
5. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(b) There is a hole in the roof.
(c) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(d) There might be a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
2. What is knocked over to cause the large crash in the hall?
3. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
5. Who does the ghost plan to be for the twins on Friday?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)