|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) Bread and wine.
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(c) A light supper.
(d) A large feast.
2. How long does the storm last?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) All night.
3. How does the ghost get hurt when the crash in the hall happened?
(a) He twists his shoulder.
(b) He cuts his leg.
(c) He sprains his ankle.
(d) He bruises his knees.
4. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Earl of Eastlake.
(b) The Duke of Cheshire.
(c) The Earl of Westmore.
(d) The Duke of Edrington.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Running out of the house.
(c) Falling down stairs.
(d) Having fits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does the ghost sleep?
3. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
4. What word does Mr. Otis use to describe his twin boys?
5. What time does Mr. Otis wake up the first time he hears the ghost?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)