|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Good natured and sweet.
(b) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(c) Small and sickly.
(d) Good looking with good health.
2. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Terrify someone.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Deliver his message.
(d) Scare people away.
3. What does Mr. Otis do after speaking to the ghost for the first time?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Reads a book.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reaction people have had when seeing the ghost?
(a) Running out of the house.
(c) Having fits.
(d) Falling down stairs.
5. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) The sight of Mr. Otis.
(b) A strange reflection.
(c) The hoot of an owl.
(d) A thunder clap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
2. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
3. What is Mr. Otis's daughter doing when she is proposed to?
4. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
5. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)