|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
2. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
3. What is mysterious about the blood stain that Mrs. Otis finds?
(a) It gets bigger and smaller.
(b) It cannot be removed.
(c) It never lightens up.
(d) It is a strange color.
4. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Rivers of blood.
(b) A ghost in chains.
(c) Two skeleton hands.
(d) A strange reflection.
5. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cranburshire Cove.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Canterbury Castle.
(d) Castlewood Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Umey's profession?
2. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
3. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
4. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
5. What is the name of the man who is said to have murdered the person who caused the blood stain?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)