|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Otis allow to stay on his land?
(a) Migrant Farmers.
2. Where is there a prophecy written about the resting place for the ghost?
(a) The library window.
(b) The staircase banister.
(c) The fireplace mantle.
(d) The family Bible.
3. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
4. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Scare people away.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Deliver his message.
(d) Terrify someone.
5. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They go for a drive.
(b) They hire a new housekeeper.
(c) They go for a walk.
(d) They go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
2. Why is nobody concerned when they notice Virginia's absence?
3. Where does Virginia go to fix her dress?
4. What does the ghost plan to put on Mrs. Otis's head on Friday?
5. What does the prophecy say a child has to give up to help the ghost?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)