|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Otis ask the ghost to do when he first sees him?
(a) Fix the broken window.
(b) Remain in the attic until morning.
(c) Use lubricator on his chains.
(d) Not wake his wife.
2. What happens during the storm?
(a) The attic floods.
(b) The power goes out.
(d) A window breaks.
3. What word does the ghost use often to describe the Otis family?
4. What did the person most scared of the ghost do?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Hung himself.
(c) Jumped out a window.
(d) Shot himself.
5. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) The hoot of an owl.
(b) A strange reflection.
(c) The sight of Mr. Otis.
(d) A thunder clap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ghost escape from the twins when they first see him?
2. What does the ghost tell Virginia he would not like?
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
4. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
5. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)