|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His children.
(b) His friends.
(c) His parents.
(d) His wife.
2. Why does the ghost keep to his room for a few days after the crash in the hall?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is practicing other forms.
(c) He is lubricating his chains.
(d) He is working on his plan.
3. What is Virginia holding when she is found?
(a) A small casket.
(b) An old book.
(c) A vial of blood.
(d) A dagger.
4. When was the problem with the house first noticed?
5. What causes Mrs. Umey to faint?
(a) A strange reflection.
(b) The sight of Mr. Otis.
(c) The hoot of an owl.
(d) A thunder clap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
2. What does the ghost do with the item that Mr. Otis gives him?
3. Where are Vriginia's brothers going a few days after her dress tears?
4. Who calls Mrs. Umney's story nonsense?
5. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)