|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does the ghost dress up as after he steps in something on the stairs?
(a) Headless Earl.
(b) Blind Benny.
(c) Screeching Sam.
(d) Lunatic Edward.
2. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Duke of Edrington.
(b) The Duke of Cheshire.
(c) The Earl of Eastlake.
(d) The Earl of Westmore.
3. What does the Otis family do after they come to a strange conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
(a) They hire a new housekeeper.
(b) They go for a walk.
(c) They go to church.
(d) They go for a drive.
4. What did the ghost compete in when he was alive?
(b) Wrestling matches.
(c) Hunting competitions.
5. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) Two skeleton hands.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) A ghost in chains.
(d) A strange reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family eat when they return to their house after coming to a conclusion about the strange thing in the library?
2. What is the only thing the ghost leaves his room for in the few days after the crash in the hall?
3. What happens to the sky as the Otises approach their new house?
4. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
5. What is the name of Mr. Otis's oldest son?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)