|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Small and sickly.
(b) Good looking with good health.
(c) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(d) Good natured and sweet.
2. What does the family begin to believe after the strange thing in the library keeps reappearing?
(a) The postman is delivering mail to the wrong place.
(b) Mrs. Umney is playing a trick on them.
(c) There is a hole in the roof.
(d) There might be a ghost.
3. How old is Mr. Otis's daughter?
4. What sound wakes Mr. Otis up the first time he hears the ghost?
(b) Clanging metal.
(c) Scratches on wood.
(d) Maniacal laughing.
5. What does the ghost do all night after leaving the Otis family?
(a) Plots his revenge.
(b) Paints a picture.
(c) Lubricates his chains.
(d) Fixes the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Otis try to give the ghost a tincture?
2. What happens during the storm?
3. What does the ghost suffer from after something falls on his head?
4. What is found in the library after the storm?
5. What is Mr. Otis annoyed about the morning after his first encounter with the ghost?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)