|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the ghost never failed to do before as a ghost?
(a) Deliver his message.
(b) Anger the people he is haunting.
(c) Terrify someone.
(d) Scare people away.
2. How long does the ghost prepare himself to scare someone after the tricks are played on him?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
3. Who proposes to Mr. Otis's daughter?
(a) The Earl of Westmore.
(b) The Earl of Eastlake.
(c) The Duke of Edrington.
(d) The Duke of Cheshire.
4. How does Mr. Otis describe his wife?
(a) Beautiful and high maintenance.
(b) Good looking with good health.
(c) Good natured and sweet.
(d) Small and sickly.
5. What is Mr. Otis's oldest son good at doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
2. What does the ghost dress up as on September 19th?
3. What time of day is the strange thing in the library usually found?
4. What does the ghost stop doing after his Friday plan fails?
5. Why does the ghost think the Otises are not worthy of the stain?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)