1. What is Mr. Otis's profession?
2. Where is Mr. Otis from?
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cranburshire Cove.
(b) Canterville Chase.
(c) Castlewood Cross.
(d) Canterbury Castle.
4. Who tells Mr. Otis not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His friends.
(d) His children.
5. Where is the house that Mr. Otis buys at the beginning of the book?
6. Why is Mr. Otis told not to buy the house at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is far from town.
(b) It is small and old.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is haunted.
7. What does Mr. Otis say he does not believe in?
8. What does the owner's grand-aunt see in the house that frightens her?
(a) A strange reflection.
(b) Rivers of blood.
(c) Two skeleton hands.
(d) A ghost in chains.
This section contains 3,900 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)