• Mr. Otis is an American Minister who buys a large house in England called Canterville Chase.
• Mr. Otis's friends and the owner of the estate all try to dissuade him from buying the property because it is haunted.
• Otis brushes these concerns aside assuring them that he and his family do not believe in ghosts.
• Otis has four children. Washington is a smart boy who dances. Virginia is 15 years old and is proposed to by a duke when she wins a horse race.
• The Otis twins are called Stars and Stripes because of their mischievous nature. Mrs. Otis is a good-looking woman of good health.
• The family has a nice drive up to their new house. When they get to the house, the sky gets dark and everything goes still.
• Mrs. Umney is the housekeeper and explains a bloodstain in the office to Mrs. Otis. It is...
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)