|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
2. What is Mack doing by the time the boys reach the farmhouse?
3. What is Doc's driving style?
4. What takes over on Cannery Row?
5. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Doc. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Doc's role on Cannery Row? What is it about Doc that everybody wants to do something nice for him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Lee Chong. How does Lee conduct his business and his life? Why is he such an important figure on Cannery Row? What does he represent to the other characters in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Even though Doc is a marine biologist, he tends to the needs of people and animals on Cannery Row, too. Name some examples of Doc's care toward people. How does he help animals? How does he rally the town's residents to help each other when widespread influenza hits?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)