|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
(a) Everything is thriving again.
(b) The economy is not good right now.
(c) The weather is too cold for this time of year.
(d) The fashions are too severe.
2. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
(d) Early morning
3. What does Doc do after his meal?
(a) Visits an old friend
(b) Checks into a hotel
(c) Picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Goes to a club
4. Where did Doc once take a walking trip?
(a) Georgia to Louisiana
(b) Indiana to Florida
(c) Ohio to Vermont
(d) New York to Maryland
5. What does Mack plan to do once again?
(a) Catch more frogs for Doc
(b) Go to La Jolla for octopi
(c) Have a party for Doc
(d) Visit the captain for more whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
2. What is the captain's wife always doing?
3. What do Mack and the boys use for currency in Lee's store?
4. How do people treat Doc after he tells his fib?
5. What does doc find when he wades into the water and parts the mass of algae?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mack initially reject the captain's offer of whiskey?
2. Describe Mary Talbot.
3. How does Mack know that the captain's wife would disapprove of Mack and the boys?
4. How does Doc respond to Mack's request to know Doc's birth date?
5. What does Steinbeck believe about truth which is explained by Doc's walking trip during college?
6. What is ironic about Henri the Painter?
7. How does Steinbeck show that Doc is one with nature?
8. What impact have Mack and the boys had on the captain?
9. How do Mack and the boys react to ruining Doc's party?
10. How does Mack perceive Doc?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)