|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
(a) Henry the Sculptor
(b) Harvey the Acrobat
(c) Henri the Painter
(d) Harry the Contortionist
2. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Donate to a homeless shelter
(b) Adopt a foster child
(c) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(d) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
3. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With milk crates and wooden skids
(b) With furniture they buy on credit
(c) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
(d) With furniture that people give them
4. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
(a) donate time to Doc
(b) give money to Doc
(c) do nice things for Doc
(d) take Doc out to dinner
5. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Art father who are in heaven
(b) Howard be thy name
(c) The father of all nations
(d) Our father who art in nature
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
2. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
3. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
4. How did Lee acquire the car?
5. What does Mack tell doc?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee acquire another building?
2. Describe the contents of Eddie's punch.
3. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
4. What are Tong Wars?
5. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
6. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
7. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
8. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
9. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
10. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)