|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Frankie live?
(a) His grandparents
(b) His large family
(c) His foster family
(d) His widowed mother
2. What is the condition of Lee's car?
(a) It is in prime condition.
(b) It is beyond repair.
(c) It has no engine.
(d) It sits on blocks, undriveable.
3. Why does Lee make the decision he does about the building?
(a) The city needs more parking space.
(b) Refusal would mean broken windows and fire.
(c) He is a philanthropist at heart.
(d) He needs a tax deduction.
4. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
5. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He gets the car all shined up.
(b) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(c) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
(d) He gets the car detailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a businessman, Lee is __________________________.
2. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
3. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
4. What does Mack tell doc?
5. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
2. Describe the contents of Eddie's punch.
3. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
4. Describe Hazel.
5. Describe Lee Chong's business.
6. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
7. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
8. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
9. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
10. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)