|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Lee have?
(a) A Model T Ford
(b) An Edsel
(c) A Chevrolet
(d) A convertible
2. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
(a) restaurant owners
(b) the priests and nuns
(c) the married spinsters
(d) the bar owners
3. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Good guys who just ran out of luck
(b) Criminals looking for their next crime
(c) Just plain bums
(d) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
4. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) His mother does not see the need for school.
(b) Frankie would rather work.
(c) He is not very bright.
(d) He skips school whenever he can.
5. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) The father of all nations
(b) Our father who art in nature
(c) Howard be thy name
(d) Art father who are in heaven
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
2. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
3. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
4. What do the boys do while Eddie is out stealing a new carburetor?
5. Why does Gay's wife no longer swear out warrants against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
2. Describe Lee Chong's business.
3. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
4. Describe Hazel.
5. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
6. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
7. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
8. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
9. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
10. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)