|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are melted down.
(b) They are rented out to single men.
(c) They are donated to playgrounds.
(d) They are given to Doc.
2. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
(a) Gas and maps
(b) Food and liquor
(c) Snacks and soft drinks
3. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(b) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
(c) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
(d) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
4. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With milk crates and wooden skids
(b) With furniture that people give them
(c) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
(d) With furniture they buy on credit
5. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Serves drinks at parties
(b) Run errands
(c) Cleans the fish tanks
(d) Sweeps the floors of the lab
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doc collect marine animals?
2. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
3. Where is Dora's business located?
4. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
5. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
2. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
3. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
4. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
5. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
6. Describe Doc's physical appearance.
7. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
8. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
9. What is Gay's special talent?
10. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)