|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are donated to playgrounds.
(b) They are given to Doc.
(c) They are melted down.
(d) They are rented out to single men.
2. How long has Dora been in business?
(a) 50 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 10 years
3. What does Mack tell doc?
(a) Mack and the boys need money for a good cause.
(b) Eddie's punch is making everyone sick.
(c) Dora's girls are going on strike.
(d) Lee is charging them rent now.
4. What is Doc's last name?
(c) It is not revealed
5. What do Mack and the boys call their new residence?
(a) Palace Flophouse and Grill
(b) Mack and the Boys
(c) Fish Bait r Us
(d) Big Mack Attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
2. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
3. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
4. What is the condition of Lee's car?
5. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
2. What is Gay's special talent?
3. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
4. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
5. What does Steinbeck think has changed America dramatically in only two generations?
6. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
7. Describe Hazel.
8. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
9. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
10. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)