|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
(a) the priests and nuns
(b) the married spinsters
(c) the bar owners
(d) restaurant owners
2. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He rents boat storage space to people.
(b) He rents it out for events.
(c) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
(d) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
3. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Builds temporary walls
(b) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(c) Puts up paper screens
(d) Puts up crates
4. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Cleans the fish tanks
(b) Serves drinks at parties
(c) Sweeps the floors of the lab
(d) Run errands
5. What type of car does Lee have?
(a) A Chevrolet
(b) A convertible
(c) A Model T Ford
(d) An Edsel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
2. Where is Dora's business located?
3. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
4. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
5. How much does Lee ask for the building's rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
2. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
3. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
4. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
5. Describe Hazel.
6. Describe the building where Western Biological Laboratories is located.
7. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
8. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
9. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
10. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)