|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
2. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
(a) Serving the best sandwiches in town
(b) Unlimited customer service guarantee
(c) Giving generously to every charity that asks
(d) Making the best Margaritas in the state
3. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(b) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
(c) Donate to a homeless shelter
(d) Adopt a foster child
4. Why does Gay's wife no longer swear out warrants against him?
(a) He likes the new jail too much.
(b) She is trying to manage her anger.
(c) They are in couples therapy.
(d) He is not worth the effort.
5. What is the condition of Lee's car?
(a) It is beyond repair.
(b) It has no engine.
(c) It is in prime condition.
(d) It sits on blocks, undriveable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the conclusion of the deal?
2. What happens to the boiler?
3. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
4. Who are Mack's boys?
5. What are the hours of Lee's business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Talbot.
2. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
3. Describe Dora Flood.
4. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
5. What is ironic about Henri the Painter?
6. Describe the building where Western Biological Laboratories is located.
7. What does Steinbeck mean by "the hour of the pearl" in Chapter 14?
8. What is Gay's special talent?
9. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
10. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)