|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Lee have?
(a) An Edsel
(b) A convertible
(c) A Model T Ford
(d) A Chevrolet
2. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
3. Where is Dora's business located?
(a) Across the railroad tracks
(b) Out in the country
(c) Behind Lee's store
(d) On a seaside highway
4. Why is Hazel, a man, given a female name?
(a) Hazel's mother is worn out from seven pregnancies in eight years
(b) It is a custom in Hazel's family.
(c) It is an honor given by a family priest.
(d) It is a family name.
5. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) A grocery store
(b) A bait shop
(c) A dry cleaning store
(d) An insurance agency
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gay's wife no longer swear out warrants against him?
2. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
3. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
4. How long has Dora been in business?
5. What happens to Dora during the Depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
2. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
3. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
4. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
5. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
6. What are Tong Wars?
7. Describe the building where Western Biological Laboratories is located.
8. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
9. What is Gay's special talent?
10. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)