|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dora's business located?
(a) Out in the country
(b) On a seaside highway
(c) Behind Lee's store
(d) Across the railroad tracks
2. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Bear Flag Restaurant
(b) Bare Flag Restaurant
(c) Dora's Desserts
(d) Dora's Dresses
3. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up paper screens
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(d) Puts up crates
4. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
5. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
(a) Three days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three years
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
2. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
3. How did Lee acquire the car?
4. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
5. What do the boys do while Eddie is out stealing a new carburetor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
2. Describe the building where Western Biological Laboratories is located.
3. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
4. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
5. Describe Doc's physical appearance.
6. Describe Dora Flood.
7. Describe Lee Chong's business.
8. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
9. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
10. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)