|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
(a) Henri the Painter
(b) Henry the Sculptor
(c) Harvey the Acrobat
(d) Harry the Contortionist
2. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) An insurance agency
(b) A bait shop
(c) A dry cleaning store
(d) A grocery store
3. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
4. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up crates
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(d) Puts up paper screens
5. Who are Mack's boys?
(a) Hazel, Eddie, Huey and Jones
(b) Hazel, Freddie, Hughie and Jones
(c) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and James
(d) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and Jones
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
2. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
3. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
4. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
5. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
2. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
3. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
4. What is Gay's special talent?
5. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
6. Describe Hazel.
7. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
8. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
9. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
10. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)