|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
(a) To see his girlfriend
(b) To pick up a friend at the station
(c) To return some books
(d) To collect octopi
2. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Howard be thy name
(b) Our father who art in nature
(c) The father of all nations
(d) Art father who are in heaven
3. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A per diem
(b) A gas voucher
(c) Overnight accommodations
(d) Payment for mileage
4. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(a) Rancho Bernardo
(c) La Jolla
5. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
(a) A huge stove
(b) A chiminea
(c) A burn barrel
(d) A hot plate
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frankie not attend school?
2. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
3. What do the boys do while Eddie is out stealing a new carburetor?
4. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
5. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
2. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
3. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
4. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
5. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
6. Describe Hazel.
7. What is Gay's special talent?
8. Describe Lee Chong's business.
9. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
10. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)