|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
(a) In the desert
(b) Across from Lee's and Dora's businesses
(c) In the industrial part of town
(d) Along the oceanfront
2. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up crates
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(d) Puts up paper screens
3. What kind of business does Dora Flood operate?
(a) A dress shop
(b) A floral shop
(c) A restaurant
(d) A whorehouse
4. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
(b) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
(c) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(d) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
5. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
(a) Gas and maps
(b) Food and liquor
(d) Snacks and soft drinks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack tell doc?
2. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
3. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
4. With whom does Frankie live?
5. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contents of Eddie's punch.
2. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
3. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
4. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
5. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
6. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
7. Describe Doc's physical appearance.
8. Describe Dora Flood.
9. What is the significance of Lao Tze's philosophies in the story?
10. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)