|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With furniture that people give them
(b) With furniture they buy on credit
(c) With milk crates and wooden skids
(d) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
2. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(b) Rancho Bernardo
(c) La Jolla
3. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Bare Flag Restaurant
(b) Dora's Dresses
(c) Bear Flag Restaurant
(d) Dora's Desserts
4. What happens when the boiler at the answer to #51 stops working?
(a) It blows up.
(b) It causes a fire which burns an entire block.
(c) It has run successfully for ten years straight.
(d) It is dumped and gutted for parts.
5. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
(a) Three days
(b) Three years
(c) Three months
(d) Three weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack want to do?
2. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
3. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
4. How did Lee acquire the car?
5. What is the condition of Lee's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steinbeck think has changed America dramatically in only two generations?
2. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
3. Describe Lee Chong's business.
4. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
5. How does Lee acquire another building?
6. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
7. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
8. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
9. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
10. Describe the contents of Eddie's punch.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)