Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A per diem
(b) Payment for mileage
(c) A gas voucher
(d) Overnight accommodations
2. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It rolls backward.
(b) It dies completely.
(c) It cannot make it up the hill.
(d) It runs out of gas.
3. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(a) Santa Barbara
(b) Los Angeles
(d) San Diego
4. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Adopt a foster child
(b) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(c) Donate to a homeless shelter
(d) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
5. What happens to the boiler?
(a) It is sold for scrap metal.
(b) It is repurposed for other cannery departments.
(c) It is melted down.
(d) A couple named the Malloys move into it as a safe apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack want to do?
2. Who are Mack's boys?
3. What does Doc do for Frankie?
4. What does Mack tell doc?
5. What type of car does Lee have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frankie say that unnerves Doc?
2. Describe Mary Talbot.
3. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
4. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
5. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
6. Describe Lee Chong's business.
7. How does Doc learn of the party being thrown in his honor?
8. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
9. Why is Doc happy in spite of the desolation in his lab the morning after the party?
10. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)