|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
(b) Driving a car
(d) Getting his head wet
2. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) A grocery store
(b) A bait shop
(c) An insurance agency
(d) A dry cleaning store
3. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
4. Over the years, what does Doc become for Cannery Row?
(a) A major employer
(b) A philanthropist
(c) A cultural presence
(d) A councilman
5. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
(a) Guy has a bad temper.
(b) Guy is too shy to ask for work.
(c) Guy never shows up on time.
(d) The owners are too cheap to hire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doc's last name?
2. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
3. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
4. What happens after the conclusion of the deal?
5. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
2. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
3. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
4. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
5. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
6. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
7. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
8. Describe Dora Flood.
9. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
10. How does Lee acquire another building?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)