|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
2. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Pick up the fish food
(b) Collect three to four hundred frogs
(c) Clean out the aquariums
(d) Flatten out 300 starfish
3. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Art father who are in heaven
(b) Howard be thy name
(c) Our father who art in nature
(d) The father of all nations
4. What does Steinbeck think has had the most impact on America in two generations?
(c) The Ford Model T
5. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(a) Rancho Bernardo
(d) La Jolla
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
2. Where is Dora's business located?
3. What kind of business does Dora Flood operate?
4. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
5. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
2. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
3. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
4. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
5. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
6. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
7. Describe Dora Flood.
8. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
9. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
10. What does Steinbeck think has changed America dramatically in only two generations?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)