|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
(b) Adopt a foster child
(c) Donate to a homeless shelter
(d) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
2. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
3. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He gets the car all shined up.
(b) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(c) He gets the car detailed.
(d) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
4. What is Doc's last name?
(a) It is not revealed
5. What does Lee lend to Mack's job assignment?
(a) Clean clothes
(b) Hot coffee
(c) His truck
(d) Deli sandwiches
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
2. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
3. What does Mack tell doc?
4. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
5. Over the years, what does Doc become for Cannery Row?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Doc not get anyone to accompany him on specimen collecting trip to La Jolla?
2. Describe Lee Chong's business.
3. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
4. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
5. Why is Doc happy in spite of the desolation in his lab the morning after the party?
6. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
7. Describe the planning for Doc's next party.
8. What is Gay's special talent?
9. What does Steinbeck mean by "the hour of the pearl" in Chapter 14?
10. What is ironic about Henri the Painter?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)