|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
(a) Guy is too shy to ask for work.
(b) Guy never shows up on time.
(c) Guy has a bad temper.
(d) The owners are too cheap to hire him.
2. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A per diem
(b) A gas voucher
(c) Overnight accommodations
(d) Payment for mileage
3. What is Doc's last name?
(c) It is not revealed
4. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
(a) the remains of liquids in patrons' glasses
(b) rum and Hawaiian Punch
(c) tequila and lime juice
(d) vodka and orange juice
5. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Sweeps the floors of the lab
(b) Run errands
(c) Serves drinks at parties
(d) Cleans the fish tanks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
2. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
3. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
4. Why does Frankie not attend school?
5. With whom does Frankie live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
2. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
3. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
4. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
5. How does Lee acquire another building?
6. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
7. How do Mack and the boys manage to "find" dinner while on the road?
8. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
9. Describe Dora Flood.
10. Describe the building where Western Biological Laboratories is located.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)