|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
2. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Sweeps the floors of the lab
(b) Cleans the fish tanks
(c) Serves drinks at parties
(d) Run errands
3. What do Mack and the boys call their new residence?
(a) Big Mack Attack
(b) Mack and the Boys
(c) Fish Bait r Us
(d) Palace Flophouse and Grill
4. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
(a) tequila and lime juice
(b) rum and Hawaiian Punch
(c) vodka and orange juice
(d) the remains of liquids in patrons' glasses
5. Why does Gay's wife no longer swear out warrants against him?
(a) They are in couples therapy.
(b) She is trying to manage her anger.
(c) He likes the new jail too much.
(d) He is not worth the effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
2. Where does Doc collect marine animals?
3. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
4. What happens to the boiler?
5. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc leery of Mack's request for money?
2. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
3. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
4. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
5. What does Steinbeck think has changed America dramatically in only two generations?
6. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
7. Explain the irony in Mack's telling Doc that he and the boys need money for a good cause.
8. Describe Doc's physical appearance.
9. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
10. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)