|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
2. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(b) Santa Barbara
(c) San Diego
(d) Los Angeles
3. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Pick up the fish food
(b) Flatten out 300 starfish
(c) Clean out the aquariums
(d) Collect three to four hundred frogs
4. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Art father who are in heaven
(b) The father of all nations
(c) Our father who art in nature
(d) Howard be thy name
5. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
(a) Mack knows a friend who can help them.
(b) Gay knows of a good junkyard and gets what he needs there.
(c) Gay sets off to find one and disappears for 180 days.
(d) The boys hitchhike to where they are going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
2. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
3. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
4. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
5. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How doe Mack's wits keep the boys out of trouble when they are approached by a large man with a pointer dog?
2. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
3. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
4. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
5. How does Lee acquire the Model T Ford?
6. Explain the relationship between Doc and Frankie.
7. What happens to Gay when the needle valve breaks on the car?
8. How does Lee acquire another building?
9. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
10. Describe Hazel.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)