|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(b) He gets the car all shined up.
(c) He gets the car detailed.
(d) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
2. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(a) A bad omen
(d) God or Death
3. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
(b) Gas and maps
(c) Snacks and soft drinks
(d) Food and liquor
4. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) As payment for a grocery bill
(b) From his father
(c) From a used car dealership
(d) From his brother-in-law
5. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
(a) To see his girlfriend
(b) To return some books
(c) To pick up a friend at the station
(d) To collect octopi
Short Answer Questions
1. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
2. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
3. What do Mack and the boys call their new residence?
4. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
5. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to spur Mack and the boys into fixing up the Palace Flophouse?
2. What is the irony of Hazel's name?
3. Describe the contents of Eddie's punch.
4. Describe Dora Flood.
5. Why does Mack has a twinge of guilt about the frog mission?
6. What becomes the pride and joy in the Palace for Mack and the boys?
7. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
8. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
9. What are Tong Wars?
10. Describe Doc's personal characteristics.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)