|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part time job does Eddie do?
2. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
(b) Gas and maps
(c) Food and liquor
(d) Snacks and soft drinks
3. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) From his brother-in-law
(b) From his father
(c) From a used car dealership
(d) As payment for a grocery bill
4. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(b) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
(c) He gets the car detailed.
(d) He gets the car all shined up.
5. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Clean out the aquariums
(b) Flatten out 300 starfish
(c) Collect three to four hundred frogs
(d) Pick up the fish food
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
2. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
3. Where is Dora's business located?
4. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
5. What are the hours of Lee's business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mack know that the captain's wife would disapprove of Mack and the boys?
2. What raises the ire of the normally even-tempered Doc while on the road?
3. For what event does Steinbeck use foreshadowing in this chapter?
4. How do Mack and the boys react to ruining Doc's party?
5. Why does Mack initially reject the captain's offer of whiskey?
6. What is Gay's special talent?
7. What is the symbolism of the music in Doc's head when he finds the body of the beautiful dead woman in the water?
8. Describe Dora Flood.
9. What does Steinbeck mean when he says that parties have a pathology?
10. How does Doc respond to Mack's request to know Doc's birth date?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)