|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who garners much attention after falling sick?
2. Where does Doc stop for his first square meal?
(a) Santa Cruz
(b) San Diego
(c) San Jose
(d) Santa Barbara
3. What does Doc do after his meal?
(a) Visits an old friend
(b) Checks into a hotel
(c) Picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Goes to a club
4. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
(a) That he is walking to sell magazine subscriptions.
(b) That he is walking to prove how much he loves his girlfriend.
(c) That he is walking to collect a $100 bet.
(d) That his car ran out of gas.
5. What happens when the boys approach the frog pool?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) It gets really foggy.
(c) The frogs grow silent.
(d) Mack falls in the mud.
6. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A tank full of gas
(b) A keg of beer
(c) A case of whiskey
(d) A parade
7. Through what time of day does Doc work gathering his gear?
(a) The pearly time
(b) The opal afternoon
(c) The diamond daytime
(d) The emerald evening
8. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a peacemaker
(b) As a trouble maker
(c) As a philosopher
(d) As a drunk
9. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A pitcher of whiskey
(b) A gun
(c) A flashlight
(d) A net
10. What is Doc's driving style?
(a) He speeds to get to the sea as quickly as possible.
(b) He drives slowly and stops often.
(c) He slows down, then speeds up erratically.
(d) He swerves back and forth looking out toward the sea.
11. How do people treat Doc after he tells his fib?
(a) They want to take his picture.
(b) They follow him on his trip.
(c) They invite him to dinner and take him in.
(d) They shun him.
12. How many times has Henri the Painter been married?
(a) Four times
(b) Three times
(c) Two times
(d) One time
13. What does the captain do before passing out on the floor drunk?
(a) Tries to cook breakfast
(b) Fills a jug for Mack
(c) Talks about his wife
(d) Invites the boys to live with him
14. What is Doc's real birthday?
(a) July 24
(b) June 20
(c) May 5
(d) December 18
15. How many frogs do Mack and the boys catch?
(a) nine hundred and fifty
(b) one hundred
(c) six to seven hundred
(d) three to four hundred
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc drives to the cliffs above the tidal flat and ____________ in the car.
2. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
3. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
4. Who leaves La Ida's in the company of girls?
5. What does Doc order in Ventura?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)