|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a drunk
(b) As a philosopher
(c) As a peacemaker
(d) As a trouble maker
2. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A tank full of gas
(b) A keg of beer
(c) A parade
(d) A case of whiskey
3. Doc drives to the cliffs above the tidal flat and ____________ in the car.
(b) Checks his notes
(c) Counts stars
(d) Listens to music
4. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
(b) Mary Talbot
(c) Dora Flood
5. What does Mack plan to do once again?
(a) Catch more frogs for Doc
(b) Have a party for Doc
(c) Go to La Jolla for octopi
(d) Visit the captain for more whiskey
6. What does Henri the Painter use for his materials?
(a) Colored pebbles and chicken feathers
(b) Colored chicken feathers and nutshells
(c) Bottle caps and nutshells
(d) Pennies and nickels
7. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
(a) The Labor Day White Sale
(b) The flagpole sitter
(c) The circus animals in the parking lot
(d) The new Santa hired for the Christmas season
8. How deep is the frog pool?
(a) eight feet
(b) fourteen feet
(c) ten feet
(d) four feet
9. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(a) German Shepherd
(b) Jack Russell Terrier
(d) Cocker Spaniel
10. What time does Doc reach La Jolla?
(a) 6:00 A.M
(b) 3:30 A.M..
(c) 2:00 A.M.
11. What does Doc live on during this hectic time?
(a) Soup and orange juice
(b) Whiskey and burgers
(c) Cheese and crackers
(d) Beer and canned sardines
12. What does Doc know very well?
(b) The Bible
(c) The seacoast
(d) The mountains
13. On what pretense does Mack get Doc to admit his birth date?
(a) Hazel and Hughie are studying astrology
(b) Hazel and Eddie are studying numerology
(c) He and Hazel are making a birthday reminder calendar
(d) Hazel and Hughie are updating the birthday card list
14. Through what time of day does Doc work gathering his gear?
(a) The pearly time
(b) The emerald evening
(c) The opal afternoon
(d) The diamond daytime
15. What does the captain bring up from the cellar?
(a) Sleeping cots
(b) A keg of Prohibition-vintage corn whiskey
(c) Bottles of beer
(d) Food for the pups
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
2. Whose advice does Henri seek after having a nightmare?
3. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
4. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
5. Why does the captain think the pups are a nuisance?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)