|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
(a) The economy is not good right now.
(b) The fashions are too severe.
(c) Everything is thriving again.
(d) The weather is too cold for this time of year.
2. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
(a) The boat's tight quarters and lack of a toilet
(b) Henri never has any money
(c) Henri wants to paint them
(d) They get seasick
3. What does Doc think about the boys?
(a) They are hopeless drunks.
(b) They will not sell their souls to gain the world.
(c) They will never hold down real jobs.
(d) They will always be losers.
4. Where did Doc once take a walking trip?
(a) Georgia to Louisiana
(b) New York to Maryland
(c) Indiana to Florida
(d) Ohio to Vermont
5. What are Mack and the boys known as now?
(a) Social outcasts
(c) The life of the party
(d) Religious zealots
6. How many frogs do Mack and the boys catch?
(a) one hundred
(b) nine hundred and fifty
(c) three to four hundred
(d) six to seven hundred
7. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a philosopher
(b) As a drunk
(c) As a trouble maker
(d) As a peacemaker
8. Which of the boys have taken jobs at the Hediondo Cannery?
(a) Mack and Jones
(b) Hughie and Hazel
(c) Hughie and Jones
(d) Hughie and Eddie
9. What time does Doc reach La Jolla?
(a) 2:00 A.M.
(b) 6:00 A.M
(c) 3:30 A.M..
10. What does Doc order in Ventura?
(a) A banana sandwich
(b) A beer milkshake
(c) An orange coffee
(d) Fish potpie
11. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
(c) Early morning
12. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A pitcher of whiskey
(b) A flashlight
(c) A gun
(d) A net
13. Near Los Angeles, what does Doc load up on after he eats a hearty chicken dinner?
(a) Coffee and omelets for breakfast
(b) Coffee, sandwiches and beer for breakfast
(c) Coffee, orange juice and muffins for breakfast
(d) Coffee and pie for breakfast
14. Who garners much attention after falling sick?
15. What is Doc's driving style?
(a) He speeds to get to the sea as quickly as possible.
(b) He slows down, then speeds up erratically.
(c) He drives slowly and stops often.
(d) He swerves back and forth looking out toward the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc have to treat the people who come down with the illness?
2. Doc drives to the cliffs above the tidal flat and ____________ in the car.
3. Which two boys play in the boat works yard by the railroad tracks?
4. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
5. Why does the captain think the pups are a nuisance?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)