|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who garners much attention after falling sick?
2. Where does Henri the Painter live in actuality?
(a) On a thirty-five-foot boat
(b) In a cabin
(c) In a townhouse
(d) In a painter's loft
3. What are Mack and the boys known as now?
(b) Social outcasts
(c) Religious zealots
(d) The life of the party
4. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A keg of beer
(b) A parade
(c) A case of whiskey
(d) A tank full of gas
5. How many frogs do Mack and the boys catch?
(a) one hundred
(b) three to four hundred
(c) six to seven hundred
(d) nine hundred and fifty
6. What does Mack sense about Doc?
(a) That Doc has a big secret.
(b) That Doc is very ill.
(c) That Doc is a lonely man.
(d) That Doc will be leaving town soon.
7. What does Doc live on during this hectic time?
(a) Whiskey and burgers
(b) Cheese and crackers
(c) Soup and orange juice
(d) Beer and canned sardines
8. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
(a) Mary Talbot
(c) Dora Flood
9. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(b) Cocker Spaniel
(c) Jack Russell Terrier
(d) German Shepherd
10. Where does Henri the Painter live in his imagination?
11. Where does Doc stop for his first square meal?
(a) Santa Cruz
(b) San Jose
(c) San Diego
(d) Santa Barbara
12. Where did Doc go to college?
(a) Georgia Tech
(b) Ohio State University
(c) The University of Chicago
(d) Columbia University
13. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a trouble maker
(b) As a drunk
(c) As a peacemaker
(d) As a philosopher
14. What does Henri the Painter use for his materials?
(a) Bottle caps and nutshells
(b) Colored chicken feathers and nutshells
(c) Colored pebbles and chicken feathers
(d) Pennies and nickels
15. Through what time of day does Doc work gathering his gear?
(a) The diamond daytime
(b) The opal afternoon
(c) The emerald evening
(d) The pearly time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the captain think the pups are a nuisance?
2. What does Doc collect near the sea?
3. What does Doc eat before leaving Monterey?
4. What type of hat does Henri the Painter wear?
5. What does Doc do after his meal?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)