|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A keg of beer
(b) A parade
(c) A case of whiskey
(d) A tank full of gas
2. Where did Doc once take a walking trip?
(a) Indiana to Florida
(b) Georgia to Louisiana
(c) Ohio to Vermont
(d) New York to Maryland
3. Who leaves La Ida's in the company of girls?
(a) Two soldiers
(b) Their cousins
(c) Their boyfriends
(d) Their blind dates
4. What type of hat does Henri the Painter wear?
(c) Top Hat
(d) Cowboy Hat
5. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(b) He uses big nets in the water.
(c) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
(d) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
6. What does Mack plan to do once again?
(a) Have a party for Doc
(b) Visit the captain for more whiskey
(c) Go to La Jolla for octopi
(d) Catch more frogs for Doc
7. What happens when the boys approach the frog pool?
(a) Mack falls in the mud.
(b) It gets really foggy.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The frogs grow silent.
8. What does Doc collect near the sea?
9. What is the captain's wife always doing?
(a) Gabbing on the phone
(b) Giving speeches or writing bills
(c) Going shopping
(d) Trying new recipes
10. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(a) Jack Russell Terrier
(c) Cocker Spaniel
(d) German Shepherd
11. Where does Henri the Painter live in actuality?
(a) In a cabin
(b) In a townhouse
(c) In a painter's loft
(d) On a thirty-five-foot boat
12. Why does the captain think the pups are a nuisance?
(a) Their food is costing too much.
(b) He doesn't have time to take care of pups.
(c) No one wants bird dogs anymore.
(d) He is moving and has to find them homes.
13. What is the mood at the Palace when Mack returns from the lab?
14. What do Mack and the boys use for currency in Lee's store?
(a) wooden nickels
(b) sand dollars
(d) the captain's whiskey
15. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
(a) That he is walking to sell magazine subscriptions.
(b) That his car ran out of gas.
(c) That he is walking to prove how much he loves his girlfriend.
(d) That he is walking to collect a $100 bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc view Mack?
2. What does Doc order in Ventura?
3. How deep is the frog pool?
4. Which of the boys have taken jobs at the Hediondo Cannery?
5. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)