|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the couples go?
(a) To breakfast
(b) To a movie
(c) To a beach
(d) To dinner
2. What is the mood at the Palace when Mack returns from the lab?
3. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
(b) Early morning
4. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He uses big nets in the water.
(b) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
(c) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(d) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
5. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
(a) Henri never has any money
(b) Henri wants to paint them
(c) The boat's tight quarters and lack of a toilet
(d) They get seasick
6. What are there few of afoot in the early hours of Cannery Row?
(c) human beings
7. What does Doc know very well?
(b) The seacoast
(c) The mountains
(d) The Bible
8. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A net
(b) A gun
(c) A flashlight
(d) A pitcher of whiskey
9. Which two boys play in the boat works yard by the railroad tracks?
(a) Willard and Joey
(b) William and Joey
(c) Willie and Jesus
(d) Willard and Jimmy
10. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(b) Cocker Spaniel
(c) Jack Russell Terrier
(d) German Shepherd
11. Where does Doc stop for his first square meal?
(a) Santa Cruz
(b) Santa Barbara
(c) San Diego
(d) San Jose
12. How do people treat Doc after he tells his fib?
(a) They want to take his picture.
(b) They follow him on his trip.
(c) They invite him to dinner and take him in.
(d) They shun him.
13. Why does Doc have to treat the people who come down with the illness?
(a) Doc is specialized in treatment of the illness.
(b) The people want someone they can trust.
(c) Regular doctors are busy and slight Cannery Row residents who can't pay.
(d) The city doesn't have enough doctors.
14. Why does the captain think the pups are a nuisance?
(a) Their food is costing too much.
(b) He doesn't have time to take care of pups.
(c) No one wants bird dogs anymore.
(d) He is moving and has to find them homes.
15. Why does Mack turn down the captain's first offer of a drink?
(a) Mack is a recovering alcoholic.
(b) It is too early to drink.
(c) Mack is trying to quit drinking.
(d) The frog hunt is a scientific expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doc's real birthday?
2. What does Henri the Painter use for his materials?
3. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
4. Where does Henri the Painter live in his imagination?
5. Who leaves La Ida's in the company of girls?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)