|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
(b) He uses big nets in the water.
(c) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
(d) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
2. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
(a) a headache remedy
(b) a bad bladder ailment
(c) a muscle relaxant
(d) a bad stuttering habit
3. What do Mack and the boys use for currency in Lee's store?
(a) sand dollars
(b) wooden nickels
(c) the captain's whiskey
4. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A bottle of beer
(b) A glass of whiskey and a flashlight
(c) A bucket
(d) A net
5. What type of hat does Henri the Painter wear?
(b) Cowboy Hat
(c) Top Hat
6. Which of the boys have taken jobs at the Hediondo Cannery?
(a) Hughie and Eddie
(b) Hughie and Hazel
(c) Mack and Jones
(d) Hughie and Jones
7. What does Doc eat before leaving Monterey?
(a) Steak and eggs
(b) A ham sandwich
(c) Fish and chips
(d) A hamburger and a beer
8. What is the captain's wife always doing?
(a) Giving speeches or writing bills
(b) Gabbing on the phone
(c) Going shopping
(d) Trying new recipes
9. What does Doc know very well?
(a) The mountains
(b) The Bible
(d) The seacoast
10. Near Los Angeles, what does Doc load up on after he eats a hearty chicken dinner?
(a) Coffee, orange juice and muffins for breakfast
(b) Coffee, sandwiches and beer for breakfast
(c) Coffee and pie for breakfast
(d) Coffee and omelets for breakfast
11. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
(a) He really needs to lie down.
(b) He would like a radio.
(c) Someone is shooting at him with an air rifle.
(d) He needs some sunscreen.
12. Who carries the gunnysacks?
(a) Hughie and Mack
(b) Eddie and Hazel
(c) Hughie and Jones
(d) Jones and Mack
13. What takes over on Cannery Row?
14. How many times has Henri the Painter been married?
(a) One time
(b) Three times
(c) Four times
(d) Two times
15. What does Mack plan to do once again?
(a) Visit the captain for more whiskey
(b) Go to La Jolla for octopi
(c) Catch more frogs for Doc
(d) Have a party for Doc
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the couples go?
2. What does the captain lament about the pups?
3. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
4. Where do Mack and the boys now buy their groceries instead of going to Lee's?
5. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)