|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a peacemaker
(b) As a trouble maker
(c) As a philosopher
(d) As a drunk
2. What type of hat does Henri the Painter wear?
(a) Top Hat
(d) Cowboy Hat
3. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
(b) Dora Flood
(c) Richard Frost
(d) Lee Chong
4. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
(b) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(c) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
(d) He uses big nets in the water.
5. Where did Doc go to college?
(a) Ohio State University
(b) Georgia Tech
(c) The University of Chicago
(d) Columbia University
6. On what pretense does Mack get Doc to admit his birth date?
(a) Hazel and Eddie are studying numerology
(b) Hazel and Hughie are updating the birthday card list
(c) He and Hazel are making a birthday reminder calendar
(d) Hazel and Hughie are studying astrology
7. What does Mack sense about Doc?
(a) That Doc is a lonely man.
(b) That Doc will be leaving town soon.
(c) That Doc is very ill.
(d) That Doc has a big secret.
8. What does the captain lament about the pups?
(a) He should have drowned all but one.
(b) He has to find homes for them.
(c) He has to get them weaned.
(d) They are mutts.
9. What are Mack and the boys known as now?
(a) The life of the party
(b) Religious zealots
(c) Social outcasts
10. Which of the boys have taken jobs at the Hediondo Cannery?
(a) Mack and Jones
(b) Hughie and Hazel
(c) Hughie and Eddie
(d) Hughie and Jones
11. What does Doc order in Ventura?
(a) An orange coffee
(b) A beer milkshake
(c) A banana sandwich
(d) Fish potpie
12. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A parade
(b) A keg of beer
(c) A case of whiskey
(d) A tank full of gas
13. Where does Henri the Painter live in actuality?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a cabin
(c) In a painter's loft
(d) On a thirty-five-foot boat
14. What does Doc eat before leaving Monterey?
(a) Steak and eggs
(b) Fish and chips
(c) A ham sandwich
(d) A hamburger and a beer
15. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
(a) a bad bladder ailment
(b) a bad stuttering habit
(c) a muscle relaxant
(d) a headache remedy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc do after his meal?
2. What illness breaks out in all of Monterey?
3. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
4. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
5. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)