|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the captain's wife always doing?
(a) Giving speeches or writing bills
(b) Going shopping
(c) Trying new recipes
(d) Gabbing on the phone
2. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A flashlight
(b) A gun
(c) A pitcher of whiskey
(d) A net
3. What time does Doc reach La Jolla?
(a) 3:30 A.M..
(b) 6:00 A.M
(c) 2:00 A.M.
4. Whose advice does Henri seek after having a nightmare?
5. What does the captain offer Mack?
(a) The pick of the litter of pups
(b) A beer
(c) A job
(d) A place to stay for the night
6. Why does Mack turn down the captain's first offer of a drink?
(a) Mack is trying to quit drinking.
(b) It is too early to drink.
(c) The frog hunt is a scientific expedition.
(d) Mack is a recovering alcoholic.
7. What is Mack doing by the time the boys reach the farmhouse?
(a) Drinking a beer
(b) Eating his lunch
(c) Taking a nap
(d) Treating the dog
8. What does Doc think about the boys?
(a) They will not sell their souls to gain the world.
(b) They will never hold down real jobs.
(c) They are hopeless drunks.
(d) They will always be losers.
9. What does Doc do after his meal?
(a) Visits an old friend
(b) Checks into a hotel
(c) Goes to a club
(d) Picks up a hitchhiker
10. Where do Mack and the boys now buy their groceries instead of going to Lee's?
(b) Thrift Market
(c) Trader Joe's
11. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
(a) A case of whiskey
(b) A keg of beer
(c) A parade
(d) A tank full of gas
12. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
(a) Someone is shooting at him with an air rifle.
(b) He needs some sunscreen.
(c) He would like a radio.
(d) He really needs to lie down.
13. What does the captain bring up from the cellar?
(a) Bottles of beer
(b) A keg of Prohibition-vintage corn whiskey
(c) Sleeping cots
(d) Food for the pups
14. What is Doc's driving style?
(a) He speeds to get to the sea as quickly as possible.
(b) He drives slowly and stops often.
(c) He slows down, then speeds up erratically.
(d) He swerves back and forth looking out toward the sea.
15. What type of hat does Henri the Painter wear?
(a) Top Hat
(d) Cowboy Hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc live on during this hectic time?
2. What does the captain lament about the pups?
3. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
4. How many frogs do Mack and the boys catch?
5. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)