|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
(a) The fashions are too severe.
(b) Everything is thriving again.
(c) The weather is too cold for this time of year.
(d) The economy is not good right now.
2. Why does Doc have to treat the people who come down with the illness?
(a) Doc is specialized in treatment of the illness.
(b) Regular doctors are busy and slight Cannery Row residents who can't pay.
(c) The people want someone they can trust.
(d) The city doesn't have enough doctors.
3. What does Henri the Painter use for his materials?
(a) Colored pebbles and chicken feathers
(b) Pennies and nickels
(c) Colored chicken feathers and nutshells
(d) Bottle caps and nutshells
4. What does Doc eat before leaving Monterey?
(a) A ham sandwich
(b) Steak and eggs
(c) A hamburger and a beer
(d) Fish and chips
5. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A net
(b) A glass of whiskey and a flashlight
(c) A bottle of beer
(d) A bucket
6. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
(a) The circus animals in the parking lot
(b) The Labor Day White Sale
(c) The new Santa hired for the Christmas season
(d) The flagpole sitter
7. Who carries the gunnysacks?
(a) Hughie and Jones
(b) Hughie and Mack
(c) Jones and Mack
(d) Eddie and Hazel
8. What is ironic about Henri the Painter?
(a) He is of Irish descent.
(b) He is a house painter.
(c) His real name is Henry.
(d) He is neither French nor a painter.
9. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
(a) Richard Frost
(b) Lee Chong
(c) Dora Flood
10. Where do Mack and the boys now buy their groceries instead of going to Lee's?
(a) Thrift Market
(c) Trader Joe's
11. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
(a) He would like a radio.
(b) He really needs to lie down.
(c) Someone is shooting at him with an air rifle.
(d) He needs some sunscreen.
12. Where does Henri the Painter live in actuality?
(a) In a townhouse
(b) In a cabin
(c) On a thirty-five-foot boat
(d) In a painter's loft
13. What does Doc think about the boys?
(a) They will never hold down real jobs.
(b) They will always be losers.
(c) They are hopeless drunks.
(d) They will not sell their souls to gain the world.
14. What date does Doc give Mack as his birthday?
(a) September 14
(b) October 27
(c) October 24
(d) June 25
15. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A pitcher of whiskey
(b) A net
(c) A gun
(d) A flashlight
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Doc reach La Jolla?
2. What is the mood at the Palace when Mack returns from the lab?
3. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
4. Which of the boys have taken jobs at the Hediondo Cannery?
5. What does the captain do before passing out on the floor drunk?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)