|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
(a) The Labor Day White Sale
(b) The new Santa hired for the Christmas season
(c) The flagpole sitter
(d) The circus animals in the parking lot
2. Why does Mack turn down the captain's first offer of a drink?
(a) The frog hunt is a scientific expedition.
(b) Mack is trying to quit drinking.
(c) It is too early to drink.
(d) Mack is a recovering alcoholic.
3. Who garners much attention after falling sick?
4. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(a) Cocker Spaniel
(b) Jack Russell Terrier
(c) German Shepherd
5. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
(a) Someone is shooting at him with an air rifle.
(b) He really needs to lie down.
(c) He would like a radio.
(d) He needs some sunscreen.
6. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(b) He uses big nets in the water.
(c) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
(d) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
7. What does Doc live on during this hectic time?
(a) Cheese and crackers
(b) Soup and orange juice
(c) Whiskey and burgers
(d) Beer and canned sardines
8. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a peacemaker
(b) As a philosopher
(c) As a drunk
(d) As a trouble maker
9. Who carries the gunnysacks?
(a) Hughie and Jones
(b) Hughie and Mack
(c) Jones and Mack
(d) Eddie and Hazel
10. Who holds afternoon tea parties for cats?
(b) Dora Flood
(d) Mary Talbot
11. What does the captain do before passing out on the floor drunk?
(a) Fills a jug for Mack
(b) Tries to cook breakfast
(c) Invites the boys to live with him
(d) Talks about his wife
12. What illness breaks out in all of Monterey?
(d) Chicken Pox
13. What date does Doc give Mack as his birthday?
(a) October 24
(b) October 27
(c) September 14
(d) June 25
14. What are Mack and the boys known as now?
(a) The life of the party
(c) Religious zealots
(d) Social outcasts
15. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
(a) The weather is too cold for this time of year.
(b) Everything is thriving again.
(c) The economy is not good right now.
(d) The fashions are too severe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
2. What has enthralled Henri the Painter?
3. Where do the couples go?
4. What does Doc think about the boys?
5. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)