|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near Los Angeles, what does Doc load up on after he eats a hearty chicken dinner?
(a) Coffee, orange juice and muffins for breakfast
(b) Coffee, sandwiches and beer for breakfast
(c) Coffee and pie for breakfast
(d) Coffee and omelets for breakfast
2. What does Mack plan to do once again?
(a) Catch more frogs for Doc
(b) Have a party for Doc
(c) Visit the captain for more whiskey
(d) Go to La Jolla for octopi
3. What is a major problem of Doc's job?
(a) Fighting off boredom
(b) Collecting his specimens when nature makes them available
(c) Getting the universities to pay him
(d) The smells inside his lab
4. Doc tells the waitress that he needs the answer to #122 for _______________________________.
(a) a bad stuttering habit
(b) a headache remedy
(c) a bad bladder ailment
(d) a muscle relaxant
5. What is Doc's driving style?
(a) He swerves back and forth looking out toward the sea.
(b) He drives slowly and stops often.
(c) He speeds to get to the sea as quickly as possible.
(d) He slows down, then speeds up erratically.
6. What do Mack and the boys use for currency in Lee's store?
(a) wooden nickels
(c) sand dollars
(d) the captain's whiskey
7. On what pretense does Mack get Doc to admit his birth date?
(a) Hazel and Eddie are studying numerology
(b) Hazel and Hughie are updating the birthday card list
(c) Hazel and Hughie are studying astrology
(d) He and Hazel are making a birthday reminder calendar
8. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A glass of whiskey and a flashlight
(b) A bottle of beer
(c) A net
(d) A bucket
9. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
(a) Early morning
10. What does Doc eat before leaving Monterey?
(a) A ham sandwich
(b) A hamburger and a beer
(c) Steak and eggs
(d) Fish and chips
11. What does Doc order in Ventura?
(a) A beer milkshake
(b) Fish potpie
(c) An orange coffee
(d) A banana sandwich
12. What does the captain lament about the pups?
(a) He has to find homes for them.
(b) He should have drowned all but one.
(c) They are mutts.
(d) He has to get them weaned.
13. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
(b) He uses big nets in the water.
(c) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(d) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
14. Where did Doc go to college?
(a) The University of Chicago
(b) Columbia University
(c) Ohio State University
(d) Georgia Tech
15. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A pitcher of whiskey
(b) A net
(c) A flashlight
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Henri the Painter been married?
2. Where do the couples go?
3. Where do Mack and the boys now buy their groceries instead of going to Lee's?
4. What does the captain bring up from the cellar?
5. What does Doc do after his meal?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)