|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doc drives to the cliffs above the tidal flat and ____________ in the car.
(b) Listens to music
(c) Checks his notes
(d) Counts stars
2. What does the captain carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A pitcher of whiskey
(b) A gun
(c) A net
(d) A flashlight
3. What do Mack and the boys use for currency in Lee's store?
(a) wooden nickels
(b) sand dollars
(c) the captain's whiskey
4. Why does Doc have to treat the people who come down with the illness?
(a) Doc is specialized in treatment of the illness.
(b) Regular doctors are busy and slight Cannery Row residents who can't pay.
(c) The city doesn't have enough doctors.
(d) The people want someone they can trust.
5. What change do the people of Monterey feel?
(a) The fashions are too severe.
(b) Everything is thriving again.
(c) The weather is too cold for this time of year.
(d) The economy is not good right now.
6. How do people treat Doc after he tells his fib?
(a) They want to take his picture.
(b) They invite him to dinner and take him in.
(c) They follow him on his trip.
(d) They shun him.
7. What does Doc collect near the sea?
8. What does Doc think about the boys?
(a) They are hopeless drunks.
(b) They will not sell their souls to gain the world.
(c) They will never hold down real jobs.
(d) They will always be losers.
9. What does Doc do after his meal?
(a) Goes to a club
(b) Checks into a hotel
(c) Picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Visits an old friend
10. What do each of the boys carry to the frog hunt?
(a) A glass of whiskey and a flashlight
(b) A bottle of beer
(c) A bucket
(d) A net
11. What kind of dog does the watchman have?
(a) German Shepherd
(b) Cocker Spaniel
(c) Jack Russell Terrier
12. What date does Doc give Mack as his birthday?
(a) October 24
(b) June 25
(c) October 27
(d) September 14
13. What does Doc know very well?
(b) The Bible
(c) The mountains
(d) The seacoast
14. Whose advice does Henri seek after having a nightmare?
15. How does Doc view Mack?
(a) As a drunk
(b) As a trouble maker
(c) As a peacemaker
(d) As a philosopher
Short Answer Questions
1. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
2. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
3. What is Mack doing by the time the boys reach the farmhouse?
4. On what do Doc and Frost place a bet?
5. What does the captain offer Mack?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)