|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the couples go?
(a) To a movie
(b) To a beach
(c) To breakfast
(d) To dinner
2. What time does Doc reach La Jolla?
(b) 3:30 A.M..
(c) 2:00 A.M.
(d) 6:00 A.M
3. What does the flagpole sitter complain of on his second day?
(a) He needs some sunscreen.
(b) Someone is shooting at him with an air rifle.
(c) He really needs to lie down.
(d) He would like a radio.
4. What is Mack's method of catching the frogs?
(a) He uses big nets in the water.
(b) He waits until daylight when the frogs are easier to see.
(c) He and the boys wade into the water shouting.
(d) He outwaits the frogs and catches them when they jump.
5. What time of day is it when Chapter 14 opens?
(a) Early morning
6. What date does Doc give Mack as his birthday?
(a) October 24
(b) September 14
(c) October 27
(d) June 25
7. Whose advice does Henri seek after having a nightmare?
8. What does doc find when he wades into the water and parts the mass of algae?
(a) A dolphin
(b) Trapped pelicans
(c) The face of a beautiful dead girl
(d) The wreckage of a ship
9. Why do Henri's girlfriends eventually leave him?
(a) Henri never has any money
(b) They get seasick
(c) Henri wants to paint them
(d) The boat's tight quarters and lack of a toilet
10. What happens when the boys approach the frog pool?
(a) Mack falls in the mud.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) It gets really foggy.
(d) The frogs grow silent.
11. Who leaves La Ida's in the company of girls?
(a) Their boyfriends
(b) Their cousins
(c) Their blind dates
(d) Two soldiers
12. What does Doc live on during this hectic time?
(a) Soup and orange juice
(b) Beer and canned sardines
(c) Cheese and crackers
(d) Whiskey and burgers
13. What does Mack sense about Doc?
(a) That Doc is very ill.
(b) That Doc is a lonely man.
(c) That Doc will be leaving town soon.
(d) That Doc has a big secret.
14. What does the captain do before passing out on the floor drunk?
(a) Talks about his wife
(b) Fills a jug for Mack
(c) Tries to cook breakfast
(d) Invites the boys to live with him
15. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
(a) Lee Chong
(b) Dora Flood
(d) Richard Frost
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a major problem of Doc's job?
2. What are there few of afoot in the early hours of Cannery Row?
3. How deep is the frog pool?
4. Where did Doc go to college?
5. What is Holman's Department Store's best promotion ever?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)