|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He rents boat storage space to people.
(b) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
(c) He rents it out for events.
(d) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
2. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A per diem
(b) A gas voucher
(c) Payment for mileage
(d) Overnight accommodations
3. Who are Mack's boys?
(a) Hazel, Eddie, Huey and Jones
(b) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and Jones
(c) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and James
(d) Hazel, Freddie, Hughie and Jones
4. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
(a) Three days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three years
(d) Three months
5. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) A dry cleaning store
(b) An insurance agency
(c) A bait shop
(d) A grocery store
6. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It rolls backward.
(b) It cannot make it up the hill.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It dies completely.
7. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Clean out the aquariums
(b) Collect three to four hundred frogs
(c) Flatten out 300 starfish
(d) Pick up the fish food
8. What type of car does Lee have?
(a) A Model T Ford
(b) A Chevrolet
(c) An Edsel
(d) A convertible
9. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up crates
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Puts up paper screens
(d) Draws chalk lines on the floor
10. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
(a) Gay knows of a good junkyard and gets what he needs there.
(b) Gay sets off to find one and disappears for 180 days.
(c) Mack knows a friend who can help them.
(d) The boys hitchhike to where they are going.
11. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) From his father
(b) As payment for a grocery bill
(c) From his brother-in-law
(d) From a used car dealership
12. What does Doc do for Frankie?
(a) Feeds him and sends him back home
(b) Adopts him
(c) Sends him back to school
(d) Cleans him, rids him of lice and clothes him
13. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
14. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Hola Cannery
(b) Hediondo Cannery
(c) Huevos Cannery
(d) Hacienda Cannery
15. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) His mother does not see the need for school.
(b) He skips school whenever he can.
(c) He is not very bright.
(d) Frankie would rather work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
2. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
3. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
4. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
5. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)