|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a businessman, Lee is __________________________.
(a) conniving and not respected
(b) prosperous and respected
(c) frugal and watchful
(d) careless and broke
2. What does Mack want to do?
(a) He wants to hitchhike back east.
(b) He wants to do something nice for Doc.
(c) He wants to find a new place to live.
(d) He wants to get a part time job.
3. What type of car does Lee have?
(a) A Chevrolet
(b) An Edsel
(c) A Model T Ford
(d) A convertible
4. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Huevos Cannery
(b) Hola Cannery
(c) Hacienda Cannery
(d) Hediondo Cannery
5. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
6. What does Doc do for Frankie?
(a) Feeds him and sends him back home
(b) Adopts him
(c) Sends him back to school
(d) Cleans him, rids him of lice and clothes him
7. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
(a) On cots
(b) On skids
(c) On old mattresses
(d) On the floor
8. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
9. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
10. Who are Mack's boys?
(a) Hazel, Eddie, Huey and Jones
(b) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and Jones
(c) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and James
(d) Hazel, Freddie, Hughie and Jones
11. Who is employed at Dora's business?
(a) Mack and his boys
(b) 12 girls, a Greek cook and a watchman
(c) 4 women and 4 part time girls
(d) 10 women and men and an Italian chef
12. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Just plain bums
(b) Good guys who just ran out of luck
(c) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
(d) Criminals looking for their next crime
13. Why does Mack awaken the boys early?
(a) To get ready for Doc's party.
(b) To hitchhike to La Jolla.
(c) To go dumpster diving.
(d) To help Guy work on Lee's truck.
14. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
(b) He rents it out for events.
(c) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
(d) He rents boat storage space to people.
15. What happens to the boiler?
(a) It is sold for scrap metal.
(b) It is repurposed for other cannery departments.
(c) A couple named the Malloys move into it as a safe apartment.
(d) It is melted down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Lee's car?
2. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
3. With whom does Frankie live?
4. What is the nature of the deal?
5. Why is Hazel, a man, given a female name?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)