|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
(a) He can rent it out as storage space.
(b) He can store his boat in it.
(c) He can tear it down and sell the land.
(d) Storing inventory there would only invite thievery.
2. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
(b) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(c) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
(d) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
3. What happens after the conclusion of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 goes to the bar.
(b) The answer to #4 pays his creditors.
(c) The answer to #4 shoots himself.
(d) The answser to #4 takes his wife to dinner.
4. What does Doc do for Frankie?
(a) Sends him back to school
(b) Adopts him
(c) Cleans him, rids him of lice and clothes him
(d) Feeds him and sends him back home
5. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Hacienda Cannery
(b) Hediondo Cannery
(c) Huevos Cannery
(d) Hola Cannery
6. What does Mack want to do?
(a) He wants to get a part time job.
(b) He wants to do something nice for Doc.
(c) He wants to hitchhike back east.
(d) He wants to find a new place to live.
7. Who are Mack's boys?
(a) Hazel, Eddie, Huey and Jones
(b) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and James
(c) Hazel, Freddie, Hughie and Jones
(d) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and Jones
8. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It dies completely.
(b) It runs out of gas.
(c) It rolls backward.
(d) It cannot make it up the hill.
9. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
(a) A storage area and laboratory of marine creatures
(b) A facility for Pacific Ocean maritime history
(c) A museum of western life
(d) A research facility for desert life
10. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He has been married five times.
(b) He lost all of his money.
(c) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
11. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Diego
(c) Santa Barbara
12. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
13. Who helps Doc collect 300 starfish for an order from Northwestern University?
14. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(a) God or Death
(c) A bad omen
15. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(b) La Jolla
(c) Rancho Bernardo
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lee acquire the car?
2. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
3. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
4. What part time job does Eddie do?
5. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)