|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He rents it out for events.
(b) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
(c) He rents boat storage space to people.
(d) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
2. What does Steinbeck think has had the most impact on America in two generations?
(a) The Ford Model T
3. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Bare Flag Restaurant
(b) Bear Flag Restaurant
(c) Dora's Dresses
(d) Dora's Desserts
4. What happens to Dora during the Depression?
(a) She nearly goes bankrupt helping needy families.
(b) She has to close up shop for two years.
(c) She has a nervous breakdown.
(d) She gets married.
5. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
6. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
(b) Driving a car
(d) Getting his head wet
7. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
8. What is Doc's last name?
(b) It is not revealed
9. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Run errands
(b) Cleans the fish tanks
(c) Serves drinks at parties
(d) Sweeps the floors of the lab
10. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
(a) Storing inventory there would only invite thievery.
(b) He can tear it down and sell the land.
(c) He can store his boat in it.
(d) He can rent it out as storage space.
11. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
(a) take Doc out to dinner
(b) give money to Doc
(c) do nice things for Doc
(d) donate time to Doc
12. What does Mack want to do?
(a) He wants to do something nice for Doc.
(b) He wants to hitchhike back east.
(c) He wants to find a new place to live.
(d) He wants to get a part time job.
13. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are given to Doc.
(b) They are donated to playgrounds.
(c) They are melted down.
(d) They are rented out to single men.
14. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
(a) the remains of liquids in patrons' glasses
(b) tequila and lime juice
(c) vodka and orange juice
(d) rum and Hawaiian Punch
15. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
(a) In the desert
(b) Across from Lee's and Dora's businesses
(c) In the industrial part of town
(d) Along the oceanfront
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
2. What is the nature of the deal?
3. What are the hours of Lee's business?
4. What kind of business does Dora Flood operate?
5. What is the condition of Lee's car?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)