|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Doc collect 300 starfish for an order from Northwestern University?
2. What happens to Dora during the Depression?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She has to close up shop for two years.
(c) She nearly goes bankrupt helping needy families.
(d) She gets married.
3. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
(b) Criminals looking for their next crime
(c) Good guys who just ran out of luck
(d) Just plain bums
4. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Dora's Dresses
(b) Bare Flag Restaurant
(c) Dora's Desserts
(d) Bear Flag Restaurant
5. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(b) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
(c) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
(d) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
6. What happens when the boiler at the answer to #51 stops working?
(a) It blows up.
(b) It causes a fire which burns an entire block.
(c) It is dumped and gutted for parts.
(d) It has run successfully for ten years straight.
7. How long has Dora been in business?
(a) 50 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 15 years
8. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Flatten out 300 starfish
(b) Pick up the fish food
(c) Clean out the aquariums
(d) Collect three to four hundred frogs
9. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) A grocery store
(b) A bait shop
(c) A dry cleaning store
(d) An insurance agency
10. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
(a) Giving generously to every charity that asks
(b) Making the best Margaritas in the state
(c) Unlimited customer service guarantee
(d) Serving the best sandwiches in town
11. What is the condition of Lee's car?
(a) It has no engine.
(b) It is in prime condition.
(c) It sits on blocks, undriveable.
(d) It is beyond repair.
12. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
13. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He has been married five times.
(b) He lost all of his money.
(c) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
14. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
(a) Across from Lee's and Dora's businesses
(b) Along the oceanfront
(c) In the industrial part of town
(d) In the desert
15. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
(a) donate time to Doc
(b) do nice things for Doc
(c) give money to Doc
(d) take Doc out to dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mack's boys?
2. Why does Frankie not attend school?
3. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
4. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
5. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)