|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
2. What is Doc's last name?
(a) It is not revealed
3. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are given to Doc.
(b) They are rented out to single men.
(c) They are donated to playgrounds.
(d) They are melted down.
4. What does Mack tell doc?
(a) Dora's girls are going on strike.
(b) Eddie's punch is making everyone sick.
(c) Lee is charging them rent now.
(d) Mack and the boys need money for a good cause.
5. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Builds temporary walls
(b) Puts up paper screens
(c) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(d) Puts up crates
6. What does Lee lend to Mack's job assignment?
(a) His truck
(b) Hot coffee
(c) Deli sandwiches
(d) Clean clothes
7. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
(a) the remains of liquids in patrons' glasses
(b) rum and Hawaiian Punch
(c) tequila and lime juice
(d) vodka and orange juice
8. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Diego
(d) Santa Barbara
9. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
10. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
(a) Making the best Margaritas in the state
(b) Serving the best sandwiches in town
(c) Unlimited customer service guarantee
(d) Giving generously to every charity that asks
11. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
(a) He can tear it down and sell the land.
(b) Storing inventory there would only invite thievery.
(c) He can rent it out as storage space.
(d) He can store his boat in it.
12. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
(a) Henri the Painter
(b) Henry the Sculptor
(c) Harvey the Acrobat
(d) Harry the Contortionist
13. Where does Doc collect marine animals?
(a) The Great Tide Pool
(b) Fire Island
(c) The San Diego Bay
(d) The Mississippi River
14. What are the hours of Lee's business?
(a) From noon until midnight
(b) From 8 in the morning until 8 at night
(c) From dawn until midnight
(d) From dawn until the last vagrant goes to sleep
15. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(b) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
(c) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
(d) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
2. Why does Mack awaken the boys early?
3. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
4. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
5. Who are Mack's boys?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)