|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee lend to Mack's job assignment?
(a) Deli sandwiches
(b) Clean clothes
(c) Hot coffee
(d) His truck
2. What kind of business does Dora Flood operate?
(a) A floral shop
(b) A whorehouse
(c) A restaurant
(d) A dress shop
3. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) He skips school whenever he can.
(b) He is not very bright.
(c) Frankie would rather work.
(d) His mother does not see the need for school.
4. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
(a) Across from Lee's and Dora's businesses
(b) In the industrial part of town
(c) In the desert
(d) Along the oceanfront
5. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Our father who art in nature
(b) Howard be thy name
(c) Art father who are in heaven
(d) The father of all nations
6. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
(a) Horace Abbeville
(b) Mack Abbeville
(c) Dora Abbeville
(d) Wes Chong
7. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
(a) On skids
(b) On the floor
(c) On cots
(d) On old mattresses
8. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
(a) Gay knows of a good junkyard and gets what he needs there.
(b) Gay sets off to find one and disappears for 180 days.
(c) Mack knows a friend who can help them.
(d) The boys hitchhike to where they are going.
9. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
10. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
(b) He rents boat storage space to people.
(c) He rents it out for events.
(d) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
11. Who is employed at Dora's business?
(a) 4 women and 4 part time girls
(b) Mack and his boys
(c) 12 girls, a Greek cook and a watchman
(d) 10 women and men and an Italian chef
12. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Hacienda Cannery
(b) Huevos Cannery
(c) Hola Cannery
(d) Hediondo Cannery
13. With whom does Frankie live?
(a) His foster family
(b) His widowed mother
(c) His grandparents
(d) His large family
14. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
(a) A hot plate
(b) A burn barrel
(c) A huge stove
(d) A chiminea
15. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
2. What type of car does Lee have?
3. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
4. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
5. Why does Guy not use his mechanical abilities on the machines in the canneries?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)