|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(b) He lost all of his money.
(c) He has been married five times.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
2. Over the years, what does Doc become for Cannery Row?
(a) A major employer
(b) A cultural presence
(c) A councilman
(d) A philanthropist
3. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up paper screens
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Puts up crates
(d) Draws chalk lines on the floor
4. What does Mack tell doc?
(a) Eddie's punch is making everyone sick.
(b) Lee is charging them rent now.
(c) Dora's girls are going on strike.
(d) Mack and the boys need money for a good cause.
5. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Howard be thy name
(b) Art father who are in heaven
(c) The father of all nations
(d) Our father who art in nature
6. What does Mack want to do?
(a) He wants to find a new place to live.
(b) He wants to get a part time job.
(c) He wants to do something nice for Doc.
(d) He wants to hitchhike back east.
7. Where does Doc collect marine animals?
(a) The Mississippi River
(b) Fire Island
(c) The San Diego Bay
(d) The Great Tide Pool
8. What are the hours of Lee's business?
(a) From 8 in the morning until 8 at night
(b) From dawn until midnight
(c) From noon until midnight
(d) From dawn until the last vagrant goes to sleep
9. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
(b) With furniture they buy on credit
(c) With furniture that people give them
(d) With milk crates and wooden skids
10. What does Frankie enjoy doing at Doc's?
(a) Watching and listening to Doc's parties
(b) Organizing the marine specimens
(c) Eating lunch with Doc
(d) Feeding the fish
11. What happens to the boiler?
(a) A couple named the Malloys move into it as a safe apartment.
(b) It is repurposed for other cannery departments.
(c) It is melted down.
(d) It is sold for scrap metal.
12. What do Mack and the boys call their new residence?
(a) Palace Flophouse and Grill
(b) Fish Bait r Us
(c) Big Mack Attack
(d) Mack and the Boys
13. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Hediondo Cannery
(b) Huevos Cannery
(c) Hacienda Cannery
(d) Hola Cannery
14. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
(a) He can rent it out as storage space.
(b) He can tear it down and sell the land.
(c) Storing inventory there would only invite thievery.
(d) He can store his boat in it.
15. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
(a) Wes Chong
(b) Mack Abbeville
(c) Dora Abbeville
(d) Horace Abbeville
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc do for Frankie?
2. How has Dora managed to stay in business for so many years?
3. Who is employed at Dora's business?
4. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
5. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)