|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(b) He gets the car all shined up.
(c) He gets the car detailed.
(d) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
2. What kind of business does Dora Flood operate?
(a) A whorehouse
(b) A floral shop
(c) A restaurant
(d) A dress shop
3. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
4. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
(a) A museum of western life
(b) A storage area and laboratory of marine creatures
(c) A research facility for desert life
(d) A facility for Pacific Ocean maritime history
5. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
6. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It cannot make it up the hill.
(b) It rolls backward.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It dies completely.
7. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) From his father
(b) As payment for a grocery bill
(c) From his brother-in-law
(d) From a used car dealership
8. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
(a) To return some books
(b) To collect octopi
(c) To pick up a friend at the station
(d) To see his girlfriend
9. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Puts up paper screens
(b) Builds temporary walls
(c) Puts up crates
(d) Draws chalk lines on the floor
10. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
11. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
12. Over the years, what does Doc become for Cannery Row?
(a) A philanthropist
(b) A cultural presence
(c) A major employer
(d) A councilman
13. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) He is not very bright.
(b) He skips school whenever he can.
(c) His mother does not see the need for school.
(d) Frankie would rather work.
14. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He lost all of his money.
(b) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(c) He has a terminal disease.
(d) He has been married five times.
15. What happens to the boiler?
(a) It is repurposed for other cannery departments.
(b) A couple named the Malloys move into it as a safe apartment.
(c) It is melted down.
(d) It is sold for scrap metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
2. What does Doc do for Frankie?
3. Where is Dora's business located?
4. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
5. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)