|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take eleven-year-old Frankie to enter Doc's lab and speak to Doc?
(a) Three months
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three days
(d) Three years
2. What is Doc's last name?
(b) It is not revealed
3. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(b) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
(c) Donate to a homeless shelter
(d) Adopt a foster child
4. What happens when the boiler at the answer to #51 stops working?
(a) It is dumped and gutted for parts.
(b) It causes a fire which burns an entire block.
(c) It blows up.
(d) It has run successfully for ten years straight.
5. What does Frankie eventually do for Doc?
(a) Sweeps the floors of the lab
(b) Run errands
(c) Cleans the fish tanks
(d) Serves drinks at parties
6. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(a) God or Death
(b) A bad omen
7. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) From a used car dealership
(b) As payment for a grocery bill
(c) From his brother-in-law
(d) From his father
8. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
9. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
(a) A hot plate
(b) A huge stove
(c) A burn barrel
(d) A chiminea
10. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
(a) take Doc out to dinner
(b) donate time to Doc
(c) do nice things for Doc
(d) give money to Doc
11. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
(a) Horace Abbeville
(b) Mack Abbeville
(c) Wes Chong
(d) Dora Abbeville
12. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Diego
(d) Santa Barbara
13. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(b) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
(c) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
(d) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
14. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
15. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He lost all of his money.
(b) He has been married five times.
(c) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
2. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
3. What happens to the boiler?
4. Why does Lee make the decision he does about the building?
5. Why does Frankie not attend school?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)