|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Dora's Dresses
(b) Dora's Desserts
(c) Bear Flag Restaurant
(d) Bare Flag Restaurant
2. What is the condition of Lee's car?
(a) It is beyond repair.
(b) It has no engine.
(c) It is in prime condition.
(d) It sits on blocks, undriveable.
3. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
4. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
5. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Builds temporary walls
(b) Puts up paper screens
(c) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(d) Puts up crates
6. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
(b) He is unnamed
7. What does Steinbeck think has had the most impact on America in two generations?
(d) The Ford Model T
8. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He has been married five times.
(b) He has a terminal disease.
(c) He lost all of his money.
(d) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
9. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
(a) On skids
(b) On old mattresses
(c) On cots
(d) On the floor
10. What job does Doc assign to Mack?
(a) Flatten out 300 starfish
(b) Pick up the fish food
(c) Collect three to four hundred frogs
(d) Clean out the aquariums
11. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It cannot make it up the hill.
(b) It rolls backward.
(c) It dies completely.
(d) It runs out of gas.
12. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(b) Donate to a homeless shelter
(c) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
(d) Adopt a foster child
13. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
(a) It does not make it
(b) With all the boys pushing
(c) It sputters and smokes
(d) In reverse with the radiator boiling
14. What does Doc do for Frankie?
(a) Sends him back to school
(b) Feeds him and sends him back home
(c) Cleans him, rids him of lice and clothes him
(d) Adopts him
15. As a result of his generosity and sympathy, people want to ________________________.
(a) take Doc out to dinner
(b) donate time to Doc
(c) do nice things for Doc
(d) give money to Doc
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
2. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
3. What does Frankie enjoy doing at Doc's?
4. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
5. Where does Doc collect marine animals?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)