Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys want to load up on for the trip?
(a) Snacks and soft drinks
(c) Gas and maps
(d) Food and liquor
2. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
3. What type of business does Lee Chong own?
(a) A bait shop
(b) An insurance agency
(c) A grocery store
(d) A dry cleaning store
4. What happens after the conclusion of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 pays his creditors.
(b) The answer to #4 goes to the bar.
(c) The answer to #4 shoots himself.
(d) The answser to #4 takes his wife to dinner.
5. With whom does Frankie live?
(a) His widowed mother
(b) His large family
(c) His grandparents
(d) His foster family
6. What do Mack and the boys call their new residence?
(a) Palace Flophouse and Grill
(b) Fish Bait r Us
(c) Mack and the Boys
(d) Big Mack Attack
7. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
(a) Getting his head wet
(d) Driving a car
8. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
(a) Across from Lee's and Dora's businesses
(b) In the industrial part of town
(c) Along the oceanfront
(d) In the desert
9. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A gas voucher
(b) A per diem
(c) Overnight accommodations
(d) Payment for mileage
10. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(b) San Diego
(c) Los Angeles
(d) Santa Barbara
11. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Dora's Desserts
(b) Bear Flag Restaurant
(c) Dora's Dresses
(d) Bare Flag Restaurant
12. What does Mack tell doc?
(a) Dora's girls are going on strike.
(b) Eddie's punch is making everyone sick.
(c) Mack and the boys need money for a good cause.
(d) Lee is charging them rent now.
13. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
(b) Donate to a homeless shelter
(c) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(d) Adopt a foster child
14. What is Doc's last name?
(b) It is not revealed
15. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck think has had the most impact on America in two generations?
2. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
3. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
4. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
5. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)