|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
(a) Santa Barbara
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Diego
2. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
(a) On old mattresses
(b) On cots
(c) On skids
(d) On the floor
3. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
(a) A rooster
(b) A deer
(c) Another car
(d) A skunk
4. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
(b) Criminals looking for their next crime
(c) Just plain bums
(d) Good guys who just ran out of luck
5. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
6. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
7. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With milk crates and wooden skids
(b) With furniture they buy on credit
(c) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
(d) With furniture that people give them
8. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(b) La Jolla
(c) Rancho Bernardo
9. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
(c) He is unnamed
10. What happens to the boiler?
(a) It is melted down.
(b) It is sold for scrap metal.
(c) It is repurposed for other cannery departments.
(d) A couple named the Malloys move into it as a safe apartment.
11. With whom does Frankie live?
(a) His grandparents
(b) His foster family
(c) His widowed mother
(d) His large family
12. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
(a) In reverse with the radiator boiling
(b) It sputters and smokes
(c) With all the boys pushing
(d) It does not make it
13. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
(a) the married spinsters
(b) restaurant owners
(c) the priests and nuns
(d) the bar owners
14. What are Lee's first thoughts about the building he now owns?
(a) Storing inventory there would only invite thievery.
(b) He can tear it down and sell the land.
(c) He can rent it out as storage space.
(d) He can store his boat in it.
15. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
(a) A gas voucher
(b) Payment for mileage
(c) A per diem
(d) Overnight accommodations
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
2. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
3. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
4. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
5. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)