|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
(a) Another car
(b) A skunk
(c) A deer
(d) A rooster
2. What do the boys do while Eddie is out stealing a new carburetor?
(a) They sing.
(b) They eat.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They work canning.
3. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
(c) Getting his head wet
(d) Driving a car
4. Where do Mack and the boys sleep?
(a) On the floor
(b) On old mattresses
(c) On cots
(d) On skids
5. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
(a) Hediondo Cannery
(b) Hacienda Cannery
(c) Huevos Cannery
(d) Hola Cannery
6. What is the business of Western Biological Laboratories?
(a) A storage area and laboratory of marine creatures
(b) A facility for Pacific Ocean maritime history
(c) A research facility for desert life
(d) A museum of western life
7. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(b) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
(c) He gets the car all shined up.
(d) He gets the car detailed.
8. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
(a) the married spinsters
(b) restaurant owners
(c) the priests and nuns
(d) the bar owners
9. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are melted down.
(b) They are donated to playgrounds.
(c) They are rented out to single men.
(d) They are given to Doc.
10. Who are Mack's boys?
(a) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and Jones
(b) Hazel, Eddie, Huey and Jones
(c) Hazel, Eddie, Hughie and James
(d) Hazel, Freddie, Hughie and Jones
11. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(a) A bad omen
(c) God or Death
12. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
13. Who is the owner and operator of Western Biological Laboratories?
14. What does Mack want to do?
(a) He wants to hitchhike back east.
(b) He wants to find a new place to live.
(c) He wants to do something nice for Doc.
(d) He wants to get a part time job.
15. What does Mack do to separate space for the residents of the Palace?
(a) Builds temporary walls
(b) Draws chalk lines on the floor
(c) Puts up paper screens
(d) Puts up crates
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
2. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
3. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
4. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
5. What does Doc authorize for Mack's job assignment?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)