|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Lee ask for the building's rent?
(a) $5 per week
(b) $750 per week
(c) $1500 per month
(d) $50 per month
2. Which one of the boys has the mechanical ability to work on Lee's car?
3. Where do the boys stop to get their frogs?
(b) La Jolla
(d) Rancho Bernardo
4. Who is the newest resident of the Palace?
5. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
(a) Mack knows a friend who can help them.
(b) Gay sets off to find one and disappears for 180 days.
(c) The boys hitchhike to where they are going.
(d) Gay knows of a good junkyard and gets what he needs there.
6. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
(b) He gets the car detailed.
(c) He gets the car all shined up.
(d) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
7. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
8. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) He skips school whenever he can.
(b) His mother does not see the need for school.
(c) He is not very bright.
(d) Frankie would rather work.
9. Why is Hazel, a man, given a female name?
(a) It is an honor given by a family priest.
(b) It is a family name.
(c) It is a custom in Hazel's family.
(d) Hazel's mother is worn out from seven pregnancies in eight years
10. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
(a) It sputters and smokes
(b) In reverse with the radiator boiling
(c) It does not make it
(d) With all the boys pushing
11. How did Lee acquire the car?
(a) As payment for a grocery bill
(b) From his father
(c) From a used car dealership
(d) From his brother-in-law
12. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
13. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
14. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
15. As a businessman, Lee is __________________________.
(a) conniving and not respected
(b) careless and broke
(c) frugal and watchful
(d) prosperous and respected
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
2. What is the condition of Lee's car?
3. Where is Western Biological Laboratories located?
4. Toward what city do Mack and the boys head?
5. What becomes the hearth and center of the Palace?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)