|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dora's business?
(a) Dora's Desserts
(b) Bear Flag Restaurant
(c) Dora's Dresses
(d) Bare Flag Restaurant
2. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
3. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
4. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(a) God or Death
(b) A bad omen
5. How does Lee's car make it over Carmel Hill?
(a) In reverse with the radiator boiling
(b) With all the boys pushing
(c) It does not make it
(d) It sputters and smokes
6. What part time job does Eddie do?
7. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
(a) Harvey the Acrobat
(b) Harry the Contortionist
(c) Henry the Sculptor
(d) Henri the Painter
8. Why does Lee make the decision he does about the building?
(a) He is a philanthropist at heart.
(b) The city needs more parking space.
(c) He needs a tax deduction.
(d) Refusal would mean broken windows and fire.
9. How do Mack and the boys furnish their new residence?
(a) With milk crates and wooden skids
(b) With stolen furniture painted with stolen red paint
(c) With furniture that people give them
(d) With furniture they buy on credit
10. What does Frankie enjoy doing at Doc's?
(a) Organizing the marine specimens
(b) Feeding the fish
(c) Watching and listening to Doc's parties
(d) Eating lunch with Doc
11. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
(a) To pick up a friend at the station
(b) To see his girlfriend
(c) To collect octopi
(d) To return some books
12. What is the name of Dora's current watchman?
13. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are donated to playgrounds.
(b) They are given to Doc.
(c) They are rented out to single men.
(d) They are melted down.
14. Why do Mack and the boys have to avoid the police?
(a) Mack is wanted for non payment of child support.
(b) There are arrest warrants out for Hazel.
(c) Lee's car has expired license plates and no headlights.
(d) Eddie is wanted for petty theft.
15. What does Steinbeck think has had the most impact on America in two generations?
(c) The Ford Model T
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the hours of Lee's business?
2. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
3. What happens when Lee's car refuses to go any further without a new needle valve?
4. What does Doc do for Frankie?
5. What is the condition of Lee's car?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)