|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It runs out of gas.
(b) It dies completely.
(c) It cannot make it up the hill.
(d) It rolls backward.
2. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Good guys who just ran out of luck
(b) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
(c) Just plain bums
(d) Criminals looking for their next crime
3. What does Doc tell Hazel about the answer to #43?
(a) He likes boats but is afraid of water.
(b) He lost all of his money.
(c) He has been married five times.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
4. Why does Doc go to La Jolla?
(a) To collect octopi
(b) To return some books
(c) To see his girlfriend
(d) To pick up a friend at the station
5. What happens to some of the boiler's larger pipes?
(a) They are given to Doc.
(b) They are donated to playgrounds.
(c) They are melted down.
(d) They are rented out to single men.
6. What is Lee's final solution about the building?
(a) He rents boat storage space to people.
(b) He rents it out for events.
(c) He demolishes it and makes a parking garage.
(d) He lets Mack and the boys live there.
7. Who fills up Lee's car with gas at the service station?
8. Who has given Mack and his boys the ability to survive?
(a) Art father who are in heaven
(b) Our father who art in nature
(c) The father of all nations
(d) Howard be thy name
9. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
(a) Donate to a homeless shelter
(b) Adopt a foster child
(c) Become a Big Brother to a young boy
(d) Have his father exhumed and buried in sacred Chinese soil
10. How much rent money comes in to Lee?
11. What does Mack tell doc?
(a) Lee is charging them rent now.
(b) Dora's girls are going on strike.
(c) Eddie's punch is making everyone sick.
(d) Mack and the boys need money for a good cause.
12. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
(a) Dora Abbeville
(b) Wes Chong
(c) Horace Abbeville
(d) Mack Abbeville
13. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
(a) A rooster
(b) A deer
(c) Another car
(d) A skunk
14. Who is employed at Dora's business?
(a) 12 girls, a Greek cook and a watchman
(b) 4 women and 4 part time girls
(c) Mack and his boys
(d) 10 women and men and an Italian chef
15. Where is Dora's business located?
(a) Out in the country
(b) Behind Lee's store
(c) Across the railroad tracks
(d) On a seaside highway
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
2. What does Lee lend to Mack's job assignment?
3. Why is Hazel, a man, given a female name?
4. How did Lee acquire the car?
5. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)