|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Lee consummate a recent business deal?
(a) Mack Abbeville
(b) Wes Chong
(c) Dora Abbeville
(d) Horace Abbeville
2. What is the result of guy's inspired and talented work?
(a) He gets Lee's car engine to start.
(b) He gets the car all shined up.
(c) He gets the car detailed.
(d) He is able to improve the gas mileage in Lee's car.
3. Who visits Doc as Doc is organizing his recently collected starfish?
4. What does Frankie enjoy doing at Doc's?
(a) Feeding the fish
(b) Eating lunch with Doc
(c) Organizing the marine specimens
(d) Watching and listening to Doc's parties
5. Where is Dora's business located?
(a) Across the railroad tracks
(b) On a seaside highway
(c) Out in the country
(d) Behind Lee's store
6. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
7. Everybody in town loves Dora except _____________________.
(a) the bar owners
(b) the priests and nuns
(c) the married spinsters
(d) restaurant owners
8. Why does Frankie not attend school?
(a) He is not very bright.
(b) Frankie would rather work.
(c) His mother does not see the need for school.
(d) He skips school whenever he can.
9. As a businessman, Lee is __________________________.
(a) frugal and watchful
(b) prosperous and respected
(c) careless and broke
(d) conniving and not respected
10. What happens to Lee's car on Carmel Hill?
(a) It dies completely.
(b) It rolls backward.
(c) It cannot make it up the hill.
(d) It runs out of gas.
11. Why is Hazel, a man, given a female name?
(a) It is a custom in Hazel's family.
(b) It is a family name.
(c) Hazel's mother is worn out from seven pregnancies in eight years
(d) It is an honor given by a family priest.
12. Who else has returned to live at the Palace?
(a) Harry the Contortionist
(b) Henri the Painter
(c) Henry the Sculptor
(d) Harvey the Acrobat
13. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
(c) He is unnamed
14. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
15. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack tell doc?
2. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
3. Where do Mack and the boys get jobs during Christmas seasons?
4. What do the boys do while Eddie is out stealing a new carburetor?
5. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)