Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. Describe Lee Chong's business.
2. How does Lee acquire another building?
3. It would be impractical to use the building to store groceries, so what does Lee do with the building?
4. What does Steinbeck call Mack and the boys?
5. Describe Dora Flood.
6. Describe the Bear Flag Restaurant.
7. How does the Bear Flag stay in business even though it is an illegal operation?
8. Explain the behavior of the Chinaman.
This section contains 691 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)