|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain lament about the pups?
(a) They are mutts.
(b) He should have drowned all but one.
(c) He has to get them weaned.
(d) He has to find homes for them.
2. Who is the child who sees something mysterious in the old Chinaman's eyes?
3. What do some say the old Chinaman is?
(b) A bad omen
(c) God or Death
4. Why does Doc have to treat the people who come down with the illness?
(a) Doc is specialized in treatment of the illness.
(b) The people want someone they can trust.
(c) Regular doctors are busy and slight Cannery Row residents who can't pay.
(d) The city doesn't have enough doctors.
5. What are the ingredients of Eddie's special punch?
(a) tequila and lime juice
(b) rum and Hawaiian Punch
(c) vodka and orange juice
(d) the remains of liquids in patrons' glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one fear of the answer to #33?
2. Over the years, what does Doc become for Cannery Row?
3. Who is the only person in town who has the nerve to ask the flagpole sitter how he goes to the toilet?
4. What fib does Doc make up about his walking trip?
5. What do the boys hit in Lee's car?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)