|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Lee ask for the building's rent?
(a) $50 per month
(b) $750 per week
(c) $5 per week
(d) $1500 per month
2. What are Mack and his boys considered to be in Monterey?
(a) Virtues, Graces and Beauties
(b) Criminals looking for their next crime
(c) Just plain bums
(d) Good guys who just ran out of luck
3. What is the nature of the deal?
(a) The answer to #4 will get a part time job to pay his debt to Lee.
(b) The answer to #4 signs over a building to Lee.
(c) The answer to #4 buys some property from Lee.
(d) The answer to #4 will work for Lee.
4. What is the name of the old Chinaman who walks through Cannery Row every day?
(c) He is unnamed
5. As a businessman, Lee is __________________________.
(a) prosperous and respected
(b) frugal and watchful
(c) conniving and not respected
(d) careless and broke
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is employed at Dora's business?
2. Why does Lee make the decision he does about the building?
3. What does Lee's soft heart inspire him to do?
4. What happens after the conclusion of the deal?
5. Who is the leader of a small group of homeless men?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)