Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
2. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
3. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
5. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
Doubt in relationships plays a large role in character development in "Cane". Where do we see doubt taking place? Whom or what is being doubted? How does the author portray this to the reader, and in what ways is it effective? What does this doubt mean in the larger societal context?
Throughout the first section of the book, Toomer goes to great lengths to describe the Georgian landscape. How is the land physically described? What attributes does Toomer attribute to both the land and its people? How do we see these reflected in the characters?
Throughout the racially charged "Cane," we see depictions of white men. How are they shown? In what ways do they interact with the Black community? How do they deal with racial stratification?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)