Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
2. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
3. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
5. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
Childbirth is a recurring event in "Cane." Discuss how pregnancy and childbirth are viewed by the communities presented in "Cane". How are children treated? How are mothers treated? What situations do we see that are similar, and how are they resolved?
Throughout "Cane," we are given examples of metaphorical imagery. Using examples from the text, detail the author's use of metaphor as a means to purvey the pain and sorrow of the African-American experience in the South.
The African-American experience in post-slavery America is the foundation upon which "Cane" is built. What are common experiences of Black Americans in "Cane"? How are these influenced by America's slave past? How are they the same? Different? What does this say about the progression (or lack thereof) of America as a society?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)