|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall physical state of the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
2. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The wishes of others.
(b) His own hesitations.
(c) The woman's objections.
(d) The power grid.
3. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
(a) That it lives in her heart.
(b) That it is all around them.
(c) That it curls around them like smoke.
(d) That it does not exist.
4. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) When she comes home at night.
(b) When she awakes.
(c) When she goes to work.
(d) When she sleeps with men.
5. Where do Louisa and Bob meet secretly?
(a) In the factory.
(b) At cane break.
(c) In the plantation house.
(d) In Louisa's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
2. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
3. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
4. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
5. What is Tom's reaction when men mention Louisa and Bob?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)