|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
2. What type of bee is the speaker in "Beehive"?
3. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
4. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That it is all around them.
(c) That it curls around them like smoke.
(d) That it lives in her heart.
5. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(b) There is no racial majority.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
2. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
3. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
4. Who is the piano player in the theater that Muriel and Dan go to?
5. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)