|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will give his family gifts.
(b) They will call him names.
(c) They will sing to him.
(d) They will create a memorial.
2. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
(a) His head.
(b) His thighs.
(c) A pile of oats.
(d) The ground.
3. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Kate Flannery.
(b) Lauryl Hawkins.
(c) Mrs. Pribby.
(d) Mrs. Peabody.
4. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(b) A lyncher's rope.
(c) A dog's tail.
(d) A snake.
5. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
(b) He had rickets as a child.
(c) He was beaten as a child.
(d) His bones did not form correctly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" not call out to his fellow workers?
2. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
3. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
4. Seventh Street is located in which city?
5. Who is the piano player in the theater that Muriel and Dan go to?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)