|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvest Song," who does the speaker long to hear?
(a) His mother singing.
(b) The voice of God.
(c) Other field workers.
(d) Children laughing.
2. What does Helen think are Bona's feelings toward Paul?
(a) She respects him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is intrigued by him.
3. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
(a) It is pouring.
(b) It is galing.
(c) It is sprinkling.
(d) It is bleeding.
4. What does the speaker in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" say to the woman of whom he speaks?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He does not speak to her.
(d) He hates her.
5. Whom does Rhobert leave behind when he dies?
(a) His parents.
(b) No one.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
2. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
3. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
4. In "Beehive", where does the Earth fit into the universal honeycomb?
5. In "Calling Jesus," to what animal is the soul of the woman described compared?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)