|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
(a) High school.
(b) Middle age.
(d) As a child.
2. In "Harvest Song," who does the speaker long to hear?
(a) Other field workers.
(b) His mother singing.
(c) Children laughing.
(d) The voice of God.
3. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) When she sleeps with men.
(b) When she goes to work.
(c) When she awakes.
(d) When she comes home at night.
4. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
5. What is Avey's profession?
(d) Dental assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on Seventh Street?
2. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
3. What is Tom's reaction when men mention Louisa and Bob?
4. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
5. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)