|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
2. How does Dorris describe John?
3. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) A smooth pavement.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) The curved curb.
4. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To pollinate flowers.
(b) To take over the beehive.
(c) To mate with the queen.
(d) To leave the beehive forever.
5. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she feels calm.
(b) When she tells it to.
(c) When she is sad.
(d) When she forgets about her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
2. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
3. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
4. What ethnicity is Paul?
5. What does Dorris do in the theater?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)