Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
(b) It wanders the forest.
(c) It talks to Jesus.
(d) It waits at the woman's door.
2. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
(a) He wants to feel physical pain.
(b) He is frustrated with his job.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He hates his body.
3. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
(a) His thighs.
(b) His head.
(c) A pile of oats.
(d) The ground.
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Abolition of slavery.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Civil Rights Movement.
5. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
2. Who lives on Seventh Street?
3. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
4. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
5. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)