|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(b) First Amendment.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
(d) No gambling.
2. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
3. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) The curved curb.
(b) A streetlamp.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A smooth pavement.
4. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Ike Turnwell.
(b) Cal Storm.
(c) Philip Poyer.
(d) Tom Burwell.
5. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she is sad.
(b) When she feels calm.
(c) When she forgets about her life.
(d) When she tells it to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can save the woman described in "Calling Jesus"?
2. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
3. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
4. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
5. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)