|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carma shoot?
(d) A deer.
2. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play horseshoes.
3. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
(a) When Karintha is 12.
(b) When Karintha is a child.
(c) When Karintha is a woman.
(d) When Karintha is elderly.
4. How many sons did Becky have?
5. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(c) Their problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
2. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
3. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
5. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents the speaker from connecting with those around him in "Harvest Song"?
2. How does the narrator describe Carma?
3. How does Rhobert feel about his personal struggles affecting his family?
4. Why might Toomer have used the voice of the cotton picker?
5. As Karintha becomes a woman, what do young men do for her?
6. In the poem "Seventh Street," how has prohibition affected the Black residents of Washington, D.C.?
7. What is the speaker asking of God in "Prayer"?
8. How does Louisa feel about Tom Burwell and Bob Stone?
9. What is the purpose of the "Song of the Son"?
10. How has Avey been living when the speaker encounters her in New York, and how do we know?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)