|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(a) Leather shoes.
(d) No shoes.
2. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(d) Late night.
3. How many times has Karintha been married?
(b) Many times.
4. How many sons did Becky have?
5. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
2. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
3. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
4. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
5. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louisa feel about Tom Burwell and Bob Stone?
2. How do men react after being rejected by Fern?
3. What is the speaker asking of God in "Prayer"?
4. Describe Muriel's physical appearance at the theater.
5. How does Cloine relate physically to the speaker's emotions in "Evening Song"?
6. What does the fieldmouse represent in the poem, "Reapers"?
7. How is the sound of the storm described in "Storm Ending"?
8. As Karintha becomes a woman, what do young men do for her?
9. How is the beehive described in "Beehive"?
10. Why might Toomer have chosen to use the comparative descriptor of a flower when detailing the storm in "Storm Ending"?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)