|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is dependent upon him.
(b) She is disgusted by him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She hates him.
2. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
3. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She does not appeal to them.
(b) She attracts them.
(c) She is hated by them.
(d) She confuses them.
4. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
5. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
(a) She has contempt for them.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She fears them.
(d) She needs them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karintha express her anger?
2. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
3. Of what are scythes made?
4. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
5. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Avey been living when the speaker encounters her in New York, and how do we know?
2. What differences do we see between Kabnis and Lewis?
3. How does Karintha act out as a 12-year-old?
4. How does Dorris feel about the theater manager's brother, John?
5. What are the "reapers" in the poem of the same name?
6. Why might the author have chosen to describe Cloine while sleeping in "Evening Song"?
7. What is Barlo's reaction to Esther when she is 29 and comes for him?
8. Why might the author use the formatting device of scripting the characters' thoughts in "Theater"?
9. How does the author describe both the African and Christian God in "Conversion"?
10. How do men treat Karintha as a child?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)