|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
2. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
3. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is disgusted by him.
(d) She is dependent upon him.
4. How is Carma described?
5. How many sons did Becky have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
2. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
3. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
4. How many times has Karintha been married?
5. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the honey have on the drones?
2. How does the narrator describe Carma?
3. Why might Toomer have chosen to use the comparative descriptor of a flower when detailing the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. Why might the author choose to use a dog as a metaphor for the soul in "Calling Jesus"?
5. What is Bob Stone's prime objection to a relationship between Louisa and Tom?
6. What does the speaker hope might come of slavery in "Song of the Son"?
7. What does the house upon Rhobert's head represent?
8. What does Paul want from Bona?
9. Describe the procession of men leaving work as told in "Georgia Dusk."
10. What does the fieldmouse represent in the poem, "Reapers"?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)