|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Carma described?
2. What did Carma shoot?
(c) A deer.
3. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She relishes in it.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is angry.
4. How is Esther described physically?
5. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
2. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
3. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
4. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
5. How does Karintha express her anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the house upon Rhobert's head represent?
2. Why does the speaker refer to Avey as a cow?
3. What does Paul want from Bona?
4. How does Dorris feel about the theater manager's brother, John?
5. Given the imagery in the poem "Portrait in Georgia", how might the author view the position of black Georgian residents?
6. How does Becky survive without the ability to work on her own?
7. Why might the author have used electrical imagery to describe the woman in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
8. Why might Toomer have used the voice of the cotton picker?
9. How is the sound of the storm described in "Storm Ending"?
10. Why might the author have chosen to describe Cloine while sleeping in "Evening Song"?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)