|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Into others' hearts.
(b) In God.
(c) In song.
(d) Onto the page.
2. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) Only her name.
(b) That she is loved by many.
(c) Her line of work.
(d) That she is promiscuous.
3. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Knifes the men helping him.
(c) Kisses Carma.
(d) Runs away.
4. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
5. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(a) Leather shoes.
(c) No shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
2. How many sons did Becky have?
3. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
4. Why did Carma take a lover?
5. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louisa feel about Tom Burwell and Bob Stone?
2. How does Dorris feel about the theater manager's brother, John?
3. Why might Toomer have used the voice of the cotton picker?
4. How do men treat Karintha as a child?
5. How is Christ described in "Calling Jesus"?
6. Why might Toomer have chosen to use the comparative descriptor of a flower when detailing the storm in "Storm Ending"?
7. What is Bob Stone's prime objection to a relationship between Louisa and Tom?
8. What does the speaker want the woman to do in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
9. Why might Toomer have chosen to end with the image of light upon Father John and Carrie?
10. What effect does the honey have on the drones?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)