|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(b) King Barlo.
2. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A royal crown.
(b) A plum seed.
(c) A tree leaf.
(d) A bird's nest.
3. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
4. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(a) Knifes the men helping him.
(b) Kisses Carma.
(c) Runs away.
5. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
2. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
3. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
4. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
5. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author use the formatting device of scripting the characters' thoughts in "Theater"?
2. What was the physical effect on the land of the boll weevil infestation?
3. How is the sound of the storm described in "Storm Ending"?
4. What is Bob Stone's prime objection to a relationship between Louisa and Tom?
5. How does Cloine relate physically to the speaker's emotions in "Evening Song"?
6. Why might Toomer have used the voice of the cotton picker?
7. What does Paul want from Bona?
8. Why might the author have used the little finger as a metaphor for his entire body in "Prayer"?
9. Describe Muriel's physical appearance at the theater.
10. According to the poem "Cotton Song," what must a man do in order to be judged kindly on Judgment Day?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)