|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She was bored.
(b) She wanted attention.
(c) She hated Bane.
(d) She didn't take a lover.
3. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She is disgusted by him.
(b) She is dependent upon him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She loves him.
4. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(b) Judgment Day.
5. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
2. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
3. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
4. How does Karintha express her anger?
5. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author choose to describe the pine forest in "Nullo"?
2. What prevents the speaker from connecting with those around him in "Harvest Song"?
3. Why might the author have chosen to describe Cloine while sleeping in "Evening Song"?
4. What does the house upon Rhobert's head represent?
5. What does the speaker ultimately decide to do about his hunger in "Harvest Song"?
6. What is the speaker asking of God in "Prayer"?
7. How does the narrator describe Carma?
8. As Karintha becomes a woman, what do young men do for her?
9. What is Bob Stone's prime objection to a relationship between Louisa and Tom?
10. How do men react after being rejected by Fern?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)