|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
2. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Earth brown.
(b) Jet black.
(c) Sunny blond.
(d) Silver gray.
3. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(c) Judgment Day.
4. In "Conversion", how is the Christian god physically described?
5. In "Conversion", what is the main fault of the African god?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is wild.
(d) He is unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
2. Where was the cotton song sung?
3. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
4. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
5. Which alcohol does the African god drink in "Conversion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might the author have used electrical imagery to describe the woman in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
2. Why might the author have chosen to describe Cloine while sleeping in "Evening Song"?
3. What does the speaker ultimately decide to do about his hunger in "Harvest Song"?
4. Does the narrator appear to place blame on Bane for cutting the men?
5. How do men treat Karintha as a child?
6. What does the house upon Rhobert's head represent?
7. Why might Toomer have chosen to use the comparative descriptor of a flower when detailing the storm in "Storm Ending"?
8. How does Dorris feel about the theater manager's brother, John?
9. How did the older generation view the blooming of the November Cotton Flower?
10. How does Louisa feel about Tom Burwell and Bob Stone?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)