|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She didn't take a lover.
(b) She hated Bane.
(c) She wanted attention.
(d) She was bored.
2. In "Conversion", how is the Christian god physically described?
3. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sun.
4. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(b) Leather shoes.
(d) No shoes.
5. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They sharpen them.
(b) They use them as tools.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They cut with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
2. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
3. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
4. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
5. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rhobert feel about his personal struggles affecting his family?
2. How do men react after being rejected by Fern?
3. What is Bob Stone's prime objection to a relationship between Louisa and Tom?
4. How does Karintha act out as a 12-year-old?
5. How does Dorris feel about the theater manager's brother, John?
6. What are the "reapers" in the poem of the same name?
7. What does the fieldmouse represent in the poem, "Reapers"?
8. What does the speaker hope might come of slavery in "Song of the Son"?
9. Describe Muriel's physical appearance at the theater.
10. How is the beehive described in "Beehive"?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)