|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(d) King Barlo.
2. What did Carma shoot?
(a) A deer.
3. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
4. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
5. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
2. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
3. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
4. What is the main fault of the Christian god in "Conversion"?
5. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What references to the black slave experience do we see in "Portrait in Georgia"?
2. Does the narrator appear to place blame on Bane for cutting the men?
3. What does the fieldmouse represent in the poem, "Reapers"?
4. What is the speaker asking of God in "Prayer"?
5. What is Barlo's reaction to Esther when she is 29 and comes for him?
6. How does Cloine relate physically to the speaker's emotions in "Evening Song"?
7. What does the speaker hope might come of slavery in "Song of the Son"?
8. Why might Toomer have used the voice of the cotton picker?
9. Why might the author have used the little finger as a metaphor for his entire body in "Prayer"?
10. How does Becky survive without the ability to work on her own?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)