|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Karintha been married?
(b) Many times.
2. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) Strong; weak.
(c) White; black.
(d) Mean; nice.
3. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(c) In love.
4. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The Earth.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Karintha do as a child?
2. How many sons did Becky have?
3. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
4. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
5. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the speaker refer to Avey as a cow?
2. Why might the author use the formatting device of scripting the characters' thoughts in "Theater"?
3. According to the poem "Cotton Song," what must a man do in order to be judged kindly on Judgment Day?
4. What sounds can be heard at dusk in "Georgia Dusk"?
5. What are the "reapers" in the poem of the same name?
6. How has Avey been living when the speaker encounters her in New York, and how do we know?
7. How is Christ described in "Calling Jesus"?
8. How is the beehive described in "Beehive"?
9. Why won't Muriel go with Dan?
10. Why might Toomer have chosen to use the comparative descriptor of a flower when detailing the storm in "Storm Ending"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)