|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
2. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
(a) He is lynched.
(b) He is burned at the stake.
(c) He is tarred and feathered.
(d) He is shot in the head.
3. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) A dog's tail.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lyncher's rope.
4. What is John's relation to the theater manager?
5. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Kansas City, Kansas.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
6. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
(a) The lake gleaming.
(b) The lightning striking.
(c) The moon glowing.
(d) The sun shining.
7. What does Helen think are Bona's feelings toward Paul?
(a) She is intrigued by him.
(b) She respects him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is indifferent.
8. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
(a) New York.
9. Who can save the woman described in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) Her family.
(b) The speaker.
10. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Ike Turnwell.
(b) Philip Poyer.
(c) Tom Burwell.
(d) Cal Storm.
11. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
(a) God/the devil.
(b) Physical/spiritual needs.
12. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
13. What does the speaker say is lacking in Avey and his encounters?
14. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It talks to Jesus.
(b) It wanders the forest.
(c) It waits at the woman's door.
(d) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
15. What does Rhobert wear upon his head?
(a) A house.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
2. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
3. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
4. What facial description is the thunder given in "Storm Ending"?
5. What is Avey's profession?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)