|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on Seventh Street?
2. Where do Louisa and Bob meet secretly?
(a) In Louisa's house.
(b) In the plantation house.
(c) In the factory.
(d) At cane break.
3. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
4. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
5. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will sing to him.
(b) They will give his family gifts.
(c) They will call him names.
(d) They will create a memorial.
6. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) Anti-interracial marriage.
(b) No gambling.
(d) First Amendment.
7. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
8. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It waits at the woman's door.
(b) It talks to Jesus.
(c) It wanders the forest.
(d) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
9. What ethnicity is Paul?
(b) We do not find out.
10. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
(a) It is pouring.
(b) It is sprinkling.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is galing.
11. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Civil Rights Movement.
(b) Abolition of slavery.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
12. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" not call out to his fellow workers?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) He cannot speak.
(d) He hates them.
13. What is John's relation to the theater manager?
14. What does the speaker in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" say to the woman of whom he speaks?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He does not speak to her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
15. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) His body.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
2. What does the speaker worry about when calling the spirits in "Prayer"?
3. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. After comparing his soul to a little finger, how does the speaker then describe this body part?
5. How does Dorris describe John?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)