|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Kansas City, Kansas.
2. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Cal Storm.
(b) Ike Turnwell.
(c) Philip Poyer.
(d) Tom Burwell.
3. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
(a) That it lives in her heart.
(b) That it is all around them.
(c) That it curls around them like smoke.
(d) That it does not exist.
4. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she is sad.
(b) When she forgets about her life.
(c) When she feels calm.
(d) When she tells it to.
5. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To take over the beehive.
(b) To mate with the queen.
(c) To pollinate flowers.
(d) To leave the beehive forever.
6. What is the overall physical state of the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
7. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
8. In what city does Paul live?
(d) Kansas City.
9. How does Dorris describe John?
10. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) A dog's tail.
(c) A lyncher's rope.
(d) A snake.
11. What is Avey's profession?
(c) Dental assistant.
12. Who is the piano player in the theater that Muriel and Dan go to?
(a) Jim Clem.
(b) Jack Kleat.
(c) King Fish.
(d) Fats Domino.
13. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will give his family gifts.
(b) They will create a memorial.
(c) They will call him names.
(d) They will sing to him.
14. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
(a) She respects him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She hates him.
15. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(b) Black skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
2. What is Tom's reaction when men mention Louisa and Bob?
3. In what is Rhobert sinking?
4. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
5. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)