|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A fire hydrant.
(b) A streetlamp.
(c) A smooth pavement.
(d) The curved curb.
2. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
(a) New York.
3. After comparing his soul to a little finger, how does the speaker then describe this body part?
4. In "Storm Ending", to what is the thunder compared?
(a) A dog's howl.
(b) A flower.
(c) A drum.
(d) An explosion.
5. Whom does Rhobert leave behind when he dies?
(a) No one.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife and children.
6. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
7. What is the overall physical state of the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
8. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
(a) It is pouring.
(b) It is sprinkling.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is galing.
9. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To pollinate flowers.
(b) To leave the beehive forever.
(c) To take over the beehive.
(d) To mate with the queen.
10. How does Dorris describe John?
11. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
12. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She respects him.
(d) She loves him.
13. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The woman's objections.
(b) His own hesitations.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) The power grid.
14. What does the speaker say is lacking in Avey and his encounters?
15. In what is Rhobert sinking?
(b) Swamp water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
2. Who is the piano player in the theater that Muriel and Dan go to?
3. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
4. Although his body is weak, how is the speaker's soul described in "Prayer"?
5. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)