|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
2. Where do Bona and Paul get into an argument?
(a) In Paul's room.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the dance floor.
(d) In the hallway.
3. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
(a) Flying in the sky.
(b) On a flower.
(c) Near a pond.
(d) In the city.
4. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Lincoln Theater.
(b) Grand Theater.
(c) Ross Theater.
(d) Edgewood Theater.
5. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
6. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
(a) He is frustrated with his job.
(b) He hates his body.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He wants to feel physical pain.
7. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
(a) That it curls around them like smoke.
(b) That it does not exist.
(c) That it lives in her heart.
(d) That it is all around them.
8. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
(d) New York.
9. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He is tarred and feathered.
(c) He is burned at the stake.
(d) He is lynched.
10. What does the speaker worry about when calling the spirits in "Prayer"?
(a) They will not understand him.
(b) His voice will not reach them.
(c) They will not care.
(d) His words will be wrong.
11. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
(a) His body.
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mind.
12. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
13. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
(a) High school.
(c) As a child.
(d) Middle age.
14. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
15. In what city does Paul live?
(b) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
2. What does the speaker say is lacking in Avey and his encounters?
3. Where do Louisa and Bob meet secretly?
4. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
5. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)