|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bee is the speaker in "Beehive"?
2. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
(a) New York.
3. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) World War II.
(b) Civil Rights Movement.
(c) Abolition of slavery.
(d) World War I.
4. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her arms.
5. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Lauryl Hawkins.
(b) Mrs. Peabody.
(c) Kate Flannery.
(d) Mrs. Pribby.
6. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He does not care about them.
7. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Edgewood Theater.
(b) Lincoln Theater.
(c) Grand Theater.
(d) Ross Theater.
8. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
(a) His mother and sister.
(c) His father.
(d) Tom Burwell.
9. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
10. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The woman's objections.
(b) The wishes of others.
(c) His own hesitations.
(d) The power grid.
11. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
(a) On a flower.
(b) In the city.
(c) Near a pond.
(d) Flying in the sky.
12. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
13. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She respects him.
(d) She is indifferent.
14. Who is the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
(a) A field worker.
(b) A city dweller.
(c) A politician.
(d) A plantation owner.
15. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
(a) The lightning striking.
(b) The sun shining.
(c) The lake gleaming.
(d) The moon glowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
2. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
3. Where do Bona and Paul get into an argument?
4. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
5. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)