|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
2. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
3. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He does not care about them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He hates them.
4. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Philip Poyer.
(b) Ike Turnwell.
(c) Tom Burwell.
(d) Cal Storm.
5. Who is the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
(a) A city dweller.
(b) A politician.
(c) A field worker.
(d) A plantation owner.
6. In what game do Bona and Paul touch?
7. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) The curved curb.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A smooth pavement.
8. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
9. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Abolition of slavery.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Civil Rights Movement.
10. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) Old age.
(b) As a child.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) Middle age.
11. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The wishes of others.
(b) His own hesitations.
(c) The woman's objections.
(d) The power grid.
12. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He wants to feel physical pain.
(c) He hates his body.
(d) He is frustrated with his job.
13. What does Dorris do in the theater?
14. During the day, where does the dog follow the woman in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) To her home.
(b) To work.
(d) In the forest.
15. What does the speaker worry about when calling the spirits in "Prayer"?
(a) They will not understand him.
(b) His words will be wrong.
(c) They will not care.
(d) His voice will not reach them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
2. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
3. In what state do the speaker and Avey have an encounter in the park?
4. Who can save the woman described in "Calling Jesus"?
5. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" not call out to his fellow workers?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)