|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
2. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(d) There is no racial majority.
3. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She respects him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She loves him.
4. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will call him names.
(b) They will sing to him.
(c) They will give his family gifts.
(d) They will create a memorial.
5. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(b) A lyncher's rope.
(c) A dog's tail.
(d) A snake.
6. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That it is all around them.
(c) That it curls around them like smoke.
(d) That it lives in her heart.
7. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
(c) A slave.
8. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
(a) Near a pond.
(b) Flying in the sky.
(c) In the city.
(d) On a flower.
9. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Kate Flannery.
(b) Lauryl Hawkins.
(c) Mrs. Pribby.
(d) Mrs. Peabody.
10. What is Tom's reaction when men mention Louisa and Bob?
(a) He becomes paranoid.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He becomes violent.
(d) He escapes to the woods.
11. In "Calling Jesus," to what animal is the soul of the woman described compared?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
12. Who lives on Seventh Street?
13. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
14. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
(a) Levi Williams.
(b) Frank Smith.
(c) Bob Stone.
(d) Grant Rogers.
15. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" not call out to his fellow workers?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
2. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
3. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
4. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
5. What is John's relation to the theater manager?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)