|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
(a) The lake gleaming.
(b) The sun shining.
(c) The lightning striking.
(d) The moon glowing.
2. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
3. How does Dorris describe John?
4. In "Beehive", where does the Earth fit into the universal honeycomb?
(a) The Earth is a honeycomb.
(b) The Earth is the center.
(c) The Earth is a cell.
(d) The Earth is a flower.
5. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
(a) His father.
(b) Tom Burwell.
(d) His mother and sister.
6. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He does not care about them.
(d) He loves them.
7. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) His own hesitations.
(b) The power grid.
(c) The woman's objections.
(d) The wishes of others.
8. What is John's relation to the theater manager?
9. How does Avey initially feel about the speaker?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She respects him.
10. In what city does Paul live?
(c) Kansas City.
11. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will sing to him.
(b) They will create a memorial.
(c) They will call him names.
(d) They will give his family gifts.
12. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
13. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
14. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
(a) Grant Rogers.
(b) Bob Stone.
(c) Levi Williams.
(d) Frank Smith.
15. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
(c) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
2. Who is Paul's roommate?
3. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
4. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
5. In "Storm Ending", to what is the thunder compared?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)