|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Paul?
(c) We do not find out.
2. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
(d) Storm clouds.
3. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) The curved curb.
(c) A smooth pavement.
(d) A fire hydrant.
4. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
5. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Tom Burwell.
(b) Cal Storm.
(c) Philip Poyer.
(d) Ike Turnwell.
6. What does the speaker say is lacking in Avey and his encounters?
7. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Mrs. Pribby.
(b) Mrs. Peabody.
(c) Lauryl Hawkins.
(d) Kate Flannery.
8. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" not call out to his fellow workers?
(a) He hates them.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) He cannot speak.
(d) He is afraid.
9. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
10. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) When she sleeps with men.
(b) When she comes home at night.
(c) When she goes to work.
(d) When she awakes.
11. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) His bones did not form correctly.
(b) He had rickets as a child.
(c) He was beaten as a child.
(d) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
12. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
(a) It is sprinkling.
(b) It is pouring.
(c) It is galing.
(d) It is bleeding.
13. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He does not care about them.
14. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) Middle age.
(b) Old age.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) As a child.
15. Who lives on Seventh Street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhobert wear upon his head?
2. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
3. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
4. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
5. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)