|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the piano player in the theater that Muriel and Dan go to?
(a) Jim Clem.
(b) King Fish.
(c) Jack Kleat.
(d) Fats Domino.
2. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To pollinate flowers.
(b) To take over the beehive.
(c) To leave the beehive forever.
(d) To mate with the queen.
3. Who can save the woman described in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) The speaker.
(c) Her family.
4. Who is Paul's roommate?
5. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He is burned at the stake.
(c) He is lynched.
(d) He is tarred and feathered.
6. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
(a) Middle age.
(b) High school.
(c) As a child.
7. What is the overall physical state of the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
8. How does Dorris describe John?
9. What does the speaker worry about when calling the spirits in "Prayer"?
(a) They will not understand him.
(b) His voice will not reach them.
(c) His words will be wrong.
(d) They will not care.
10. What facial description is the thunder given in "Storm Ending"?
11. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
(a) His heart.
(b) His mind.
(c) His soul.
(d) His body.
12. What does the beehive represent?
(a) The brain.
(b) The universe.
(d) The South.
13. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
14. In "Beehive", where does the Earth fit into the universal honeycomb?
(a) The Earth is a cell.
(b) The Earth is a honeycomb.
(c) The Earth is the center.
(d) The Earth is a flower.
15. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will give his family gifts.
(b) They will create a memorial.
(c) They will sing to him.
(d) They will call him names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
2. Where do Bona and Paul get into an argument?
3. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
4. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
5. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)