|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
(a) His head.
(b) The ground.
(c) A pile of oats.
(d) His thighs.
2. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
3. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) Tom Burwell.
(d) His father.
4. After comparing his soul to a little finger, how does the speaker then describe this body part?
5. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) No gambling.
(b) First Amendment.
(c) Anti-interracial marriage.
6. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she feels calm.
(b) When she is sad.
(c) When she tells it to.
(d) When she forgets about her life.
7. What ethnicity is Paul?
(c) We do not find out.
8. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(c) Black skin.
9. What is the physical stature of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
10. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
11. Who can save the woman described in "Calling Jesus"?
(b) Her family.
(c) The speaker.
12. What does Rhobert wear upon his head?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A hat.
(d) A house.
13. Seventh Street is located in which city?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Kansas City, Kansas.
(d) New York, New York.
14. What does the beehive represent?
(a) The brain.
(b) The universe.
(c) The South.
15. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) He had rickets as a child.
(b) He was beaten as a child.
(c) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
(d) His bones did not form correctly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Muriel going to the show with at 8 o'clock after Dan leaves?
2. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
3. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
5. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)