|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
(b) It wanders the forest.
(c) It talks to Jesus.
(d) It waits at the woman's door.
2. Why does the speaker in "Harvest Song" beat his hands?
(a) He wants to feel physical pain.
(b) He is frustrated with his job.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He hates his body.
3. What does the speaker beat his hands against at the end of "Harvest Song"?
(a) His thighs.
(b) His head.
(c) A pile of oats.
(d) The ground.
4. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) Abolition of slavery.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Civil Rights Movement.
5. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her arms.
6. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The power grid.
(b) The woman's objections.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) His own hesitations.
7. Who lives on Seventh Street?
8. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Lincoln Theater.
(b) Grand Theater.
(c) Ross Theater.
(d) Edgewood Theater.
9. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) When she awakes.
(b) When she comes home at night.
(c) When she goes to work.
(d) When she sleeps with men.
10. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
11. What does the speaker say is lacking in Avey and his encounters?
12. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
(a) They will sing to him.
(b) They will call him names.
(c) They will give his family gifts.
(d) They will create a memorial.
13. What facial description is the thunder given in "Storm Ending"?
14. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
15. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
2. In what city does Paul live?
3. During the day, where does the dog follow the woman in "Calling Jesus"?
4. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
5. Who is the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)