|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Lincoln Theater.
(b) Grand Theater.
(c) Edgewood Theater.
(d) Ross Theater.
2. What does Helen think are Bona's feelings toward Paul?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She respects him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is intrigued by him.
3. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
(a) He is shot in the head.
(b) He is lynched.
(c) He is burned at the stake.
(d) He is tarred and feathered.
4. Where do Louisa and Bob meet secretly?
(a) In the plantation house.
(b) In Louisa's house.
(c) At cane break.
(d) In the factory.
5. What ethnicity is Paul?
(a) We do not find out.
6. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He does not care about them.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He hates them.
7. "Prayer" deals with the thematic tug and pull between what two issues?
(a) God/the devil.
(c) Physical/spiritual needs.
8. What effect does Dorris have on those around her?
(a) She enthuses the dancers.
(b) She makes the dancers jealous.
(c) She enrages her mother.
(d) She drives men away.
9. Where do Bona and Paul get into an argument?
(a) In Paul's room.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the dance floor.
(d) In the hallway.
10. Who is the speaker in "Harvest Song"?
(a) A politician.
(b) A field worker.
(c) A city dweller.
(d) A plantation owner.
11. What does Rhobert wear upon his head?
(a) A shoe.
(c) A hat.
(d) A house.
12. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Tom Burwell.
(b) Philip Poyer.
(c) Ike Turnwell.
(d) Cal Storm.
13. Washington is described as primarily what ethnic make-up?
(a) There is no racial majority.
14. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To leave the beehive forever.
(b) To pollinate flowers.
(c) To mate with the queen.
(d) To take over the beehive.
15. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
(a) Storm clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
2. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
3. What does Dorris do in the theater?
4. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
5. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)