|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Portrait in Georgia", of what does the breath of the woman described breath smell?
2. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He does not care about them.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He loves them.
3. What does the speaker worry about when calling the spirits in "Prayer"?
(a) His voice will not reach them.
(b) They will not understand him.
(c) His words will be wrong.
(d) They will not care.
4. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
(a) In the city.
(b) Flying in the sky.
(c) Near a pond.
(d) On a flower.
5. Whom does Rhobert leave behind when he dies?
(a) His wife.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) His parents.
(d) No one.
6. Who is Paul's roommate?
7. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
(a) His soul.
(b) His body.
(c) His mind.
(d) His heart.
8. Which law is referenced as affecting Seventh Street?
(a) No gambling.
(c) First Amendment.
(d) Anti-interracial marriage.
9. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Lauryl Hawkins.
(b) Mrs. Pribby.
(c) Kate Flannery.
(d) Mrs. Peabody.
10. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
(a) High school.
(b) Middle age.
(d) As a child.
11. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
12. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
(a) Frank Smith.
(b) Bob Stone.
(c) Levi Williams.
(d) Grant Rogers.
13. What facial description is the thunder given in "Storm Ending"?
14. Where are Muriel, Bernice, and Dan going to see the show?
(a) Lincoln Theater.
(b) Grand Theater.
(c) Edgewood Theater.
(d) Ross Theater.
15. How does Dorris describe John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen think are Bona's feelings toward Paul?
2. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
3. What does Dan tell Muriel about love?
4. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
5. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)