|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
(d) Storm clouds.
2. Which part of the woman's body in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" are the transmitters?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her heart.
3. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) His father.
(d) Tom Burwell.
4. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It talks to Jesus.
(b) It waits at the woman's door.
(c) It wanders the forest.
(d) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
5. What color is the honey of the beehive against the black night sky?
6. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) A lyncher's rope.
(b) A snake.
(d) A dog's tail.
7. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
8. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
(b) A slave.
9. How are the body and mind described in "Prayer"?
10. What wish is expressed by the speaker in "Beehive"?
(a) To take over the beehive.
(b) To leave the beehive forever.
(c) To pollinate flowers.
(d) To mate with the queen.
11. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
12. What is the name of the keeper of the boarding house in which Muriel lives?
(a) Kate Flannery.
(b) Mrs. Pribby.
(c) Lauryl Hawkins.
(d) Mrs. Peabody.
13. In "Beehive", where does the Earth fit into the universal honeycomb?
(a) The Earth is a flower.
(b) The Earth is a cell.
(c) The Earth is the center.
(d) The Earth is a honeycomb.
14. Who is Paul's roommate?
15. Who lives on Seventh Street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Louisa and Bob meet secretly?
2. Seventh Street is located in which city?
3. Which character in "Blood-Burning Moon" is a plantation owner?
4. What is Avey's profession?
5. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)