|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
(a) He is entranced by her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He does not care about her.
(d) He finds her ugly.
2. In "Conversion", what is the main fault of the African god?
(a) He is wild.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is unfair.
(d) He is weak.
3. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
4. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
5. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to run her out of town.
(b) They want to marry her.
(c) They want to protect her.
(d) They want to possess her.
6. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Field songs.
(b) Blues songs.
(c) Folk songs.
(d) Church songs.
7. Which alcohol does the African god drink in "Conversion"?
8. How was the cotton described during November?
9. In "Conversion", how is the Christian god physically described?
10. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They adopted the child.
(b) They threw Becky a baby shower.
(c) They offered assistance to Becky.
(d) They shunned Becky.
11. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Gossiped about her peers.
(b) Loved to read.
(c) Danced with older boys.
(d) Played baseball.
12. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The Earth.
13. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
14. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Jet black.
(b) Silver gray.
(c) Sunny blond.
(d) Earth brown.
15. How many sons did Becky have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
2. What do the cotton pickers wear?
3. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
4. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
5. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)