|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her lips.
2. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(b) No shoes.
(c) Leather shoes.
3. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
(a) That she and Barlo own it.
(b) That it is broken into.
(c) That it is on fire.
(d) That it crumbles to the ground.
4. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(b) King Barlo.
5. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(b) Play horseshoes.
(d) Play cards.
6. How many sons did Becky have?
7. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Kisses Carma.
(d) Knifes the men helping him.
8. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Mean; nice.
(b) Poor; rich.
(c) White; black.
(d) Strong; weak.
9. With whose religious changes does "Conversion" deal?
(a) Plantation owners.
(b) Genteel women.
(c) African slaves.
(d) Northerners moving South.
10. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
11. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
12. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Sunny blond.
(b) Earth brown.
(c) Silver gray.
(d) Jet black.
13. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She hated Bane.
(b) She didn't take a lover.
(c) She was bored.
(d) She wanted attention.
14. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Love like a lamb
(b) Wilt like a flower.
(c) Ripen too soon.
(d) Sink in the sand.
15. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(a) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
2. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
3. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
4. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
5. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)