|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
2. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(a) Late night.
3. How does the woman personified with the face seem to be?
(a) In love.
4. How are the eyebrows of the old woman described in "Face" shaped?
5. Of what are scythes made?
6. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
(a) He thinks it is an abomination.
(b) He cares not what we do on Earth.
(c) He thinks that it is good work.
(d) He thinks that it is sustained slavery.
7. Where was Becky's house?
(a) In the center of town.
(b) In a forest.
(c) On a farm.
(d) Next to the railroad tracks.
8. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
(b) Kisses Carma.
(c) Knifes the men helping him.
(d) Runs away.
9. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(d) Judgment Day.
10. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
(a) A grassy field.
(b) Pine needles.
(c) A wooden floor.
(d) An old blanket.
11. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
12. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Ripen too soon.
(b) Love like a lamb
(c) Wilt like a flower.
(d) Sink in the sand.
13. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The Earth.
(d) The stars.
14. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(d) Their problems.
15. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to run her out of town.
(b) They want to possess her.
(c) They want to marry her.
(d) They want to protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose religious changes does "Conversion" deal?
2. How is Carma described?
3. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
5. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)