|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
2. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
(a) Wilt like a flower.
(b) Ripen too soon.
(c) Love like a lamb
(d) Sink in the sand.
3. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
(a) When Karintha is elderly.
(b) When Karintha is a child.
(c) When Karintha is 12.
(d) When Karintha is a woman.
4. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
5. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
6. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
(b) Play horseshoes.
(c) Play cards.
7. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(c) No shoes.
(d) Leather shoes.
8. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
(a) They want to run her out of town.
(b) They want to protect her.
(c) They want to possess her.
(d) They want to marry her.
9. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
10. What does Cloine do while the speaker observes her?
(a) Sits on her porch.
(b) Works the field.
11. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(c) King Barlo.
12. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(d) Late night.
13. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
14. How does Karintha express her anger?
(a) Hurting people's feelings.
(b) Screaming and hitting.
(c) Breaking things.
15. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
2. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
3. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
4. How many times has Karintha been married?
5. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)