|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
2. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(b) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(c) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(d) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
3. How many sons did Becky have?
4. Who is observing the forest in "Nullo"?
(a) Only the speaker.
(c) The townspeople.
5. How does Karintha express her anger?
(b) Hurting people's feelings.
(c) Screaming and hitting.
(d) Breaking things.
6. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) The plantation owner's son.
(b) A boy.
(d) The slaves' ancestors.
7. How was the cotton described during November?
8. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She hated Bane.
(b) She wanted attention.
(c) She was bored.
(d) She didn't take a lover.
9. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
(a) He does not care about her.
(b) He is entranced by her.
(c) He finds her ugly.
(d) He hates her.
10. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
(a) That it is on fire.
(b) That she and Barlo own it.
(c) That it crumbles to the ground.
(d) That it is broken into.
11. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
12. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They cut with them.
(d) They attach to them.
13. Which alcohol does the African god drink in "Conversion"?
14. What do all of the men in Karintha's life want to bring her?
15. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Conversion", what is the main fault of the African god?
2. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
3. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
4. Where was Becky's house?
5. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)