|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
2. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They attach to them.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They use them as tools.
(d) They cut with them.
3. Which celestial orb does the author use in "Evening Song" to describe Cloine?
(a) The stars.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The Earth.
4. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) An angel child.
(b) A field worker.
(c) A Jewish cantor.
(d) A churchgoer.
6. What do the cotton pickers wear?
(a) Leather shoes.
(d) No shoes.
7. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) Her line of work.
(b) That she is promiscuous.
(c) That she is loved by many.
(d) Only her name.
8. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Mean; nice.
(b) Poor; rich.
(c) White; black.
(d) Strong; weak.
9. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
10. Who does the narrator blame for the end of Carma's story?
11. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(c) Late night.
12. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
13. With what does the poem "Nullo" primarily deal?
14. Of what are scythes made?
15. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(b) Judgment Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
2. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
3. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
5. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)