|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(c) Late night.
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She relishes in it.
(d) She is embarrassed by it.
3. Where was Becky's house?
(a) In the center of town.
(b) On a farm.
(c) Next to the railroad tracks.
(d) In a forest.
4. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) A dastardly debacle.
(b) The crudest melodrama.
(c) The finest love story.
(d) The saddest tragedy.
5. What did Karintha do as a child?
(a) Loved to read.
(b) Played baseball.
(c) Danced with older boys.
(d) Gossiped about her peers.
6. What information does a towns person divulge to the narrator upon first sight of Fern?
(a) Only her name.
(b) That she is promiscuous.
(c) Her line of work.
(d) That she is loved by many.
7. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) A boy.
(b) The plantation owner's son.
(c) The slaves' ancestors.
8. In "Conversion", what is the main fault of the African god?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He is unfair.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is wild.
9. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
10. What did the townspeople secretly bring Becky?
(d) Their problems.
11. What specifically is stated as not happening in the forest in "Nullo"?
(a) There are no people.
(b) It is not raining.
(c) It is not on fire.
(d) It is not windy.
12. How is the swinging of the scythes described in "Reapers"?
13. Who is observing the forest in "Nullo"?
(c) Only the speaker.
(d) The townspeople.
14. How is Carma described?
15. What did Carma shoot?
(c) A deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
2. After finding no wounds in Carma, what does Bane do?
3. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
4. What is the main fault of the Christian god in "Conversion"?
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)