Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(b) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(c) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(d) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
2. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
3. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is disgusted by him.
(c) She is dependent upon him.
(d) She hates him.
4. What does the blade of the mower cut in "Reapers"?
5. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
(a) The factory.
(b) The cotton plant.
(c) The sawmill.
(d) The bakery.
6. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A tree leaf.
(b) A plum seed.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A royal crown.
7. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
8. The pine needles are so quiet in "Nullo" that which animal does not even hear their falling?
9. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
10. Who is observing the forest in "Nullo"?
(a) Only the speaker.
(c) The townspeople.
11. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Sunny blond.
(b) Jet black.
(c) Earth brown.
(d) Silver gray.
12. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) White; black.
(b) Strong; weak.
(c) Poor; rich.
(d) Mean; nice.
13. Where was the cotton song sung?
(a) At church.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the fields.
(d) Never aloud.
14. What is the woman described in "Face" doing?
15. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Field songs.
(b) Blues songs.
(c) Folk songs.
(d) Church songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
2. What is the main fault of the Christian god in "Conversion"?
3. In "Conversion", how is the Christian god physically described?
4. Upon which of Cloine's body parts is the speaker fixated?
5. Where was Becky's house?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)