|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are scythes made?
2. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
3. In "Conversion", how is the Christian god physically described?
4. How does Karintha express her anger?
(a) Breaking things.
(c) Hurting people's feelings.
(d) Screaming and hitting.
5. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(b) Late night.
6. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
7. How is Karintha's skin described?
(a) Sweet as nectar.
(b) Dusk on the eastern horizon.
(c) A river of chocolate.
(d) The color of newly plowed earth.
8. According to the "Song of the Son," where ought we pour our soul?
(a) Into others' hearts.
(b) Onto the page.
(c) In God.
(d) In song.
9. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Field songs.
(b) Blues songs.
(c) Folk songs.
(d) Church songs.
10. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern begins to undress.
(b) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(c) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(d) They make love.
11. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) White; black.
(c) Mean; nice.
(d) Strong; weak.
12. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her boyfriend.
13. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
14. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They adopted the child.
(b) They shunned Becky.
(c) They threw Becky a baby shower.
(d) They offered assistance to Becky.
15. Why did Carma take a lover?
(a) She was bored.
(b) She hated Bane.
(c) She wanted attention.
(d) She didn't take a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
2. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
3. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
4. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
5. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)