|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Evening Song", to what is Cloine compared?
(b) The body.
2. According to the text, how many rooms do typical homes in Georgia have?
3. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
4. What are reapers' relationships to scythes?
(a) They use them as tools.
(b) They sharpen them.
(c) They attach to them.
(d) They cut with them.
5. How is Carma described?
6. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(a) The plantation owner's son.
(b) The slaves' ancestors.
(c) A boy.
7. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
(a) The pipes.
(b) The streams.
(c) The wells.
(d) The rivers.
8. How have the woman's wrinkles described in "Face" been made?
9. How does Esther think that men feel about her?
(a) She confuses them.
(b) She is hated by them.
(c) She does not appeal to them.
(d) She attracts them.
10. At what age does Karintha become sexually active?
11. The poem "Evening Song" is an ode to whom?
12. Becky was a _____________ woman and her children were ______________.
(a) Poor; rich.
(b) Strong; weak.
(c) White; black.
(d) Mean; nice.
13. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
14. On what does Karintha give birth to her child?
(a) An old blanket.
(b) A grassy field.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) A wooden floor.
15. Which alcohol does the African god drink in "Conversion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
2. What animals were described as searching for water?
3. How is Esther described physically?
4. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
5. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)