|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 "Bona and Paul".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorris describe John?
2. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) A streetlamp.
(b) A fire hydrant.
(c) The curved curb.
(d) A smooth pavement.
3. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(c) Judgment Day.
4. Why were the old folks startled by the November cotton flower?
(a) It came at a strange time of year.
(b) It poisoned the birds.
(c) It caused strange things to happen.
(d) The cotton plant did not normally flower.
5. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(d) Black skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the speaker does he feel is most easily nourished in "Prayer"?
2. How many sons did Becky have?
3. What is the last image of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
5. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)