|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 "Bona and Paul".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose religious changes does "Conversion" deal?
(a) Plantation owners.
(b) Northerners moving South.
(c) African slaves.
(d) Genteel women.
2. Where was Becky's house?
(a) Next to the railroad tracks.
(b) On a farm.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In the center of town.
3. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she forgets about her life.
(b) When she feels calm.
(c) When she tells it to.
(d) When she is sad.
4. Who does Dan compare himself to when he makes the exclamation in the theater?
(a) A slave.
5. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Philip Poyer.
(b) Ike Turnwell.
(c) Cal Storm.
(d) Tom Burwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
2. What does Helen think are Bona's feelings toward Paul?
3. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
4. After comparing his soul to a little finger, how does the speaker then describe this body part?
5. What do Dorris and John speak about in the theater?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)