|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fault of the Christian god in "Conversion"?
(a) He is serious and unforgiving.
(b) He is closeminded and unfair.
(c) He is sarcastic and weak.
(d) He is irrational and unwielding.
2. How does Fern feel about the townspeople gossiping about her?
(a) She relishes in it.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is angry.
3. Where does the dog go at night in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) It talks to Jesus.
(b) It wanders the forest.
(c) It sleeps under the woman's bed.
(d) It waits at the woman's door.
4. At what age does the speaker begin to tell the story of Avey?
(a) Middle age.
(b) High school.
(d) As a child.
5. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beehive represent?
2. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
3. During the day, where does the dog follow the woman in "Calling Jesus"?
4. How do the men in Fern's city feel about her after the narrator begins to pay her attention?
5. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)