|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she feels calm.
(b) When she is sad.
(c) When she forgets about her life.
(d) When she tells it to.
2. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Cal Storm.
(b) Tom Burwell.
(c) Philip Poyer.
(d) Ike Turnwell.
3. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
(b) Judgment Day.
4. How was the cotton described during November?
5. As an a adult, how does Karintha feel about men?
(a) She fears them.
(b) She needs them.
(c) She has contempt for them.
(d) She loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall appearance of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
2. Where would the drone bee optimally be if he were not in the beehive?
3. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
4. What has Karintha's abuse in the past caused her to do?
5. Who lives on Seventh Street?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)