|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
(a) That it is on fire.
(b) That she and Barlo own it.
(c) That it crumbles to the ground.
(d) That it is broken into.
2. What animal dies in the field under the blades of the mower in "Reapers"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
3. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) He was beaten as a child.
(b) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
(c) His bones did not form correctly.
(d) He had rickets as a child.
4. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
(a) A field worker.
(b) A churchgoer.
(c) A Jewish cantor.
(d) An angel child.
5. What is Tom Burwell's punishment for killing Bob Stone?
(a) He is lynched.
(b) He is tarred and feathered.
(c) He is burned at the stake.
(d) He is shot in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
2. How is the flesh of the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
3. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
4. In what is Rhobert sinking?
5. What does the speaker in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" say to the woman of whom he speaks?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)