|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(b) The slaves' ancestors.
(c) The plantation owner's son.
(d) A boy.
2. What effect does Dorris have on those around her?
(a) She drives men away.
(b) She makes the dancers jealous.
(c) She enthuses the dancers.
(d) She enrages her mother.
3. With whose religious changes does "Conversion" deal?
(a) African slaves.
(b) Plantation owners.
(c) Northerners moving South.
(d) Genteel women.
4. What will the speaker's feeling overpower in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
(a) The woman's objections.
(b) His own hesitations.
(c) The wishes of others.
(d) The power grid.
5. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He does not care about them.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bee is the speaker in "Beehive"?
2. Where does the whistle mark the end of the day's shift?
3. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
4. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
5. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)