|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
2. During the day, where does the dog follow the woman in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) In the forest.
(b) To her home.
(d) To work.
3. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Her teacher.
4. When she is nine years old, by whom does Esther become entranced?
(d) King Barlo.
5. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
(b) Black skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker feel about Cloine?
2. In "Storm Ending", to what is the thunder compared?
3. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
4. Of what are scythes made?
5. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)