|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) He had rickets as a child.
(b) His bones did not form correctly.
(c) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
(d) He was beaten as a child.
2. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
(a) Folk songs.
(b) Field songs.
(c) Church songs.
(d) Blues songs.
3. In what is Rhobert sinking?
(a) Swamp water.
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
(b) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(c) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(d) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
5. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What facial description is the thunder given in "Storm Ending"?
2. How does Dorris describe John?
3. What courses through the speaker's veins in "Her Lips are Copper Wire"?
4. During the day, where does the dog follow the woman in "Calling Jesus"?
5. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)