|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The saddest tragedy.
(b) A dastardly debacle.
(c) The crudest melodrama.
(d) The finest love story.
2. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
(a) When she is sad.
(b) When she tells it to.
(c) When she forgets about her life.
(d) When she feels calm.
3. Whom does Rhobert leave behind when he dies?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) No one.
4. Which field worker in "Blood-Burning Mood" is in love with Louisa?
(a) Philip Poyer.
(b) Cal Storm.
(c) Ike Turnwell.
(d) Tom Burwell.
5. "Georgia Dusk" discusses what time of day?
(d) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the rain dripping in "Storm Ending"?
2. What kind of songs are being sung in the cotton fields by field workers in "Georgia Dusk"?
3. How does Dorris describe John?
4. To which theme does "Georgia Dusk" contain many references?
5. What fills the sky in the second half of "Storm Ending"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)