|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dorris and John speak about in the theater?
(a) Their relationship.
(b) Their weekend plans.
(c) They do not talk at all.
2. For emphasis of the field workers' plight, what does Toomer use?
(a) The preacher's voice.
(b) The cotton picker's voice.
(c) The plantation manager's voice.
(d) God's voice.
3. What is the hair of the woman described compared to in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) A lyncher's rope.
(b) A dog's tail.
(d) A snake.
4. What part of the street does the speaker use in "Her Lips are Copper Wire" to describe the woman?
(a) The curved curb.
(b) A streetlamp.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A smooth pavement.
5. In "Conversion", what is the main fault of the African god?
(a) He is unfair.
(b) He is wild.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the cotton song, what is the salvation of Judgment Day?
2. How are the horses pulling the mower in "Reapers" described?
3. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
4. How did the townspeople know that Becky was alive?
5. How is Esther described physically?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)