|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern begins to undress.
(b) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(c) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
(d) They make love.
2. According to the cotton song, how does God feel about picking cotton?
(a) He thinks it is an abomination.
(b) He cares not what we do on Earth.
(c) He thinks that it is sustained slavery.
(d) He thinks that it is good work.
3. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
(b) The plantation owner's son.
(c) The slaves' ancestors.
(d) A boy.
4. How does Rhobert feel about his family?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He does not care about them.
(d) He hates them.
5. Whose reaction is Bob Stone concerned about in thinking about Louisa and him?
(a) Tom Burwell.
(b) His mother and sister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
2. The Song of the Son is a song about whom?
3. Who brags about his knowledge of women and that he could "get" Avey if he wanted to?
4. In "Calling Jesus," when does the dog of the woman described nuzzle up to the speaker?
5. What did Karintha do as a child?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)