|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 "Calling Jesus".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point does the woman's soul leave her in "Calling Jesus"?
(a) When she awakes.
(b) When she sleeps with men.
(c) When she comes home at night.
(d) When she goes to work.
2. What event has just happened preceding the descriptions in "Seventh Street"?
(a) World War I.
(b) Abolition of slavery.
(c) Civil Rights Movement.
(d) World War II.
3. What is the best description of the storm in "Storm Ending"?
4. In "Her Lips are Copper Wire," what does Toomer use as a larger description theme?
5. To what does the speaker compare another birth in the family line in "Song of the Son"?
(a) A plum seed.
(b) A tree leaf.
(c) A royal crown.
(d) A bird's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Rhobert leave behind when he dies?
2. With which physical attribute on others is Esther preoccupied?
3. In "Evening Song", to what is Cloine compared?
4. Which dancer in the theater particularly appeals to John?
5. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)