|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 "Beehive".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
2. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They offered assistance to Becky.
(b) They shunned Becky.
(c) They threw Becky a baby shower.
(d) They adopted the child.
3. What color is the hair of the old woman described in "Face"?
(a) Sunny blond.
(b) Earth brown.
(c) Silver gray.
(d) Jet black.
4. During the boll weevil infestation, where was there no water?
(a) The pipes.
(b) The wells.
(c) The streams.
(d) The rivers.
5. How is Karintha's skin described?
(a) Sweet as nectar.
(b) Dusk on the eastern horizon.
(c) The color of newly plowed earth.
(d) A river of chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
2. Why did Carma take a lover?
3. At what age does the smoke hang in the air for so long that people can taste it in the water?
4. What does the author visually contrast with the whitewashed streets of Washington in "Seventh Street"?
5. Within the "Song of the Son," to what are slaves compared?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)