|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 "Beehive".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beehive represent?
(a) The brain.
(b) The universe.
(c) The South.
2. At what age, do we find the woman described in "Portrait in Georgia"?
(a) Old age.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) As a child.
(d) Middle age.
3. What happens to the speaker and Fern when they are together in the cornfield?
(a) Fern begins to undress.
(b) Fern faints and begins to convulse.
(c) They make love.
(d) The speaker attacks Fern as the townspeople look on.
4. When contemplating what sort of life Fern might have, how does the author compare love to prejudice?
(a) It cannot be bettered by a change in geographical location.
(b) It is subject to the same narrowminded assumptions.
(c) It is deeply rooted in issues of possession.
(d) It is difficult to change once it has been engrained.
5. What religion do those being converted now belong to in "Conversion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhobert wear upon his head?
2. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
3. What animal has been walking in the forest as evidenced by imprints in "Nullo"?
4. How is the soil described in "Song of the Son"?
5. In what condition is the soil in November after the boll weevil infestation?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)