|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 "Beehive".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what type of tree does the poem "Nullo" refer?
2. What type of tree is singing in the swamp as the men walk home from the sawmill?
3. How is Karintha's skin described?
(a) A river of chocolate.
(b) Sweet as nectar.
(c) The color of newly plowed earth.
(d) Dusk on the eastern horizon.
4. What does the beehive represent?
(a) The universe.
(c) The South.
(d) The brain.
5. How does the narrator describe Carma's story?
(a) The finest love story.
(b) A dastardly debacle.
(c) The crudest melodrama.
(d) The saddest tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recurring dream does Esther have about her father's store?
2. How many times has Karintha been married?
3. How will those in attendance at Rhobert's funeral remember him?
4. How is the weather in Georgia in November?
5. What do the men do after working at the sawmill in "Georgia Dusk"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)