|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 "Beehive".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Avey's profession?
(b) Dental assistant.
2. Why are Rhobert's legs bowed?
(a) His bones did not form correctly.
(b) He was beaten as a child.
(c) He had rickets as a child.
(d) He is burdened with the weight of the world.
3. At twenty-two, how does Esther decide that she feels about Barlo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is dependent upon him.
(d) She is disgusted by him.
4. After her wild behavior, who defends Karintha?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Her boyfriend.
5. After her first baby was born, how did the townspeople react towards Becky?
(a) They offered assistance to Becky.
(b) They adopted the child.
(c) They threw Becky a baby shower.
(d) They shunned Becky.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Evening Song" is an ode to whom?
2. What do the cotton song's lyrics reference?
3. Who is the "son" in the "Song of the Son"?
4. To what are the woman's muscles in "Face" compared?
5. To whose singing does the author repeatedly compare Fern's face?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)